Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 94 of 136 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2029
  1. #1396
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville, Colorado
    Posts
    23,108
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    Salem has a real big park, but Bogaerts is still proving to have great power especially for a 19 yr old.
    It's scary to think he hasn't even filled out yet. He has so much power potential.

  2. #1397
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,839
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by avrpatsfan View Post
    It's scary to think he hasn't even filled out yet. He has so much power potential.
    Yeah but in fairness i read that he has started to fill out. He looked big already in the futures game. I dont see how its possible for him to stay at SS.
    Last edited by Nomar; 07-25-2012 at 11:30 PM.

  3. #1398
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville, Colorado
    Posts
    23,108
    vCash
    1500
    He won't be able to.

  4. #1399
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,839
    vCash
    1500
    Oh well, his bat plays great anywhere and at SS it would be insane.

  5. #1400
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville, Colorado
    Posts
    23,108
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    Oh well, his bat plays great anywhere and at SS it would be insane.
    Agreed. I heard that he might be shifted to a corner outfield position as he fills out more. I'd love it if he could stick at SS, but I have to stay realistic.

  6. #1401
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,839
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by avrpatsfan View Post
    Agreed. I heard that he might be shifted to a corner outfield position as he fills out more. I'd love it if he could stick at SS, but I have to stay realistic.
    The most logical move would be 3B, but obviously thats looking blocked unless we trade WMB for pitching eventually. I would like it if he could play RF because Bradley is obviously a CF and if we cant deal Crawford he'll be in LF. Also Jacobs in another OF only suited for LF. But we have so many OF prospects it should work itself out.

  7. #1402
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville, Colorado
    Posts
    23,108
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    The most logical move would be 3B, but obviously thats looking blocked unless we trade WMB for pitching eventually. I would like it if he could play RF because Bradley is obviously a CF and if we cant deal Crawford he'll be in LF. Also Jacobs in another OF only suited for LF. But we have so many OF prospects it should work itself out.
    Middlebrooks is locking down 3rd base for a while, so I don't see Bogaerts ever playing 3rd base in the majors for us.

    I could see a future outfield of Bogaerts/Ellsbury/Bradley, or something like that.

  8. #1403
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,839
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by avrpatsfan View Post
    Middlebrooks is locking down 3rd base for a while, so I don't see Bogaerts ever playing 3rd base in the majors for us.

    I could see a future outfield of Bogaerts/Ellsbury/Bradley, or something like that.
    Thats ideal, but most likely unrealistic because of CC's contract. Honestly, if i were Ben thats the one thing im trying to do. Get rid of that contract. I would pay 5-7M a year of it just get him out of Boston.

    I wouldnt be mad with Bogaerts, Bradley, and Kalish/Brentz/Jacobs either. I just dont want Crawford here down the road.

  9. #1404
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville, Colorado
    Posts
    23,108
    vCash
    1500
    I think we will find a way to get rid of him.

  10. #1405
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,639
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by avrpatsfan View Post
    Agreed. I heard that he might be shifted to a corner outfield position as he fills out more. I'd love it if he could stick at SS, but I have to stay realistic.
    AVR, this may seem like a dumb question, but if they think that down the road, Bogearts might have to be shifted to the OF, why wait? Why not get him started now (or starting next season)? The longer they wait, the weaker his potential defensive skills for an OF-er may end up being.

    It just seems silly to leave a kid at SS that they feel will fill out too much to be a MLB SS. Just put him where you think he should end up playing as a major leaguer and get the learning process started.

    Thoughts?

  11. #1406
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,839
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    AVR, this may seem like a dumb question, but if they think that down the road, Bogearts might have to be shifted to the OF, why wait? Why not get him started now (or starting next season)? The longer they wait, the weaker his potential defensive skills for an OF-er may end up being.

    It just seems silly to leave a kid at SS that they feel will fill out too much to be a MLB SS. Just put him where you think he should end up playing as a major leaguer and get the learning process started.

    Thoughts?
    I would say they still hope he can stay there.

    Also Chris Mellen of SP.com mentioned that players who may inevitably move positions like for example Cecchini stay at their original positions if that position causes them to have more value. Bogaerts' bat at SS is ridiculously good, making him VERY valuable if he stays there.

  12. #1407
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,795
    vCash
    1500
    Looks like Bard has had 3 decent outings in a row...

  13. #1408
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    15,162
    vCash
    1500
    Single A Salem’s Michael Almanzar got hits in his first three at-bats Wednesday, giving him a streak of reaching base 16 consecutive times. He then popped to second base. The minor league record is unknown, but Ted Williams set the major league record when he reached 16 straight times in 1957. The 21-year-old Almanzar was 12 for 12 with three walks and a hit by pitch during the streak.
    Boston Globe

  14. #1409
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    15,162
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    I'm quite excited about our Killer B's... Bogaerts, Barnes and Bradley.

    Banuelos who? Betances who?
    Interestingly, ESPN had an insider article describing prospects losing value. Banuelos and Betances were the first two mentioned, based on their horrific 2012 campaigns.

    Quote Originally Posted by avrpatsfan View Post
    Middlebrooks is locking down 3rd base for a while, so I don't see Bogaerts ever playing 3rd base in the majors for us.

    I could see a future outfield of Bogaerts/Ellsbury/Bradley, or something like that.
    I believe they'd move Middlebrooks aside if Bogaerts (a) continues to develop and (b) HAS to play 3B. If nothing else Bogaerts seems to be superior defensively.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    AVR, this may seem like a dumb question, but if they think that down the road, Bogearts might have to be shifted to the OF, why wait? Why not get him started now (or starting next season)? The longer they wait, the weaker his potential defensive skills for an OF-er may end up being.

    It just seems silly to leave a kid at SS that they feel will fill out too much to be a MLB SS. Just put him where you think he should end up playing as a major leaguer and get the learning process started.

    Thoughts?
    I am not quite as convinced that he HAS to move. I mentioned earlier that at 6' 3" and 175lbs (listed) he's smaller than both Ripken (6'4", 200) and A-Rod (6'3", 225). Both of them were pretty capable SS with a good bat. Tejada (5'9", 220 currently) was another fairly big-bodied SS with a strong two-way showing though he aged fairly quickly. Being big for a SS does not necessarily preclude you from the club.

    It's also worth noting that the Sox have chosen to move a number of guys signed/drafted at SS to other positions including Cecchini, Coyle, Dent, Middlebrooks, and Tejeda. Whatever you may think of them as prospects right now, they were pretty big deals when signed. The Sox would not hesitate to move a player if they felt that he projected better somewhere else.

    If, Crucis, your question about the foregone conclusion is an indirect suggestion that it's not quite that foregone then I agree with you. The Sox don't waste valuable training time.

  15. #1410
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville, Colorado
    Posts
    23,108
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    AVR, this may seem like a dumb question, but if they think that down the road, Bogearts might have to be shifted to the OF, why wait? Why not get him started now (or starting next season)? The longer they wait, the weaker his potential defensive skills for an OF-er may end up being.

    It just seems silly to leave a kid at SS that they feel will fill out too much to be a MLB SS. Just put him where you think he should end up playing as a major leaguer and get the learning process started.

    Thoughts?
    The Red Sox would prefer he plays SS. It's still not certain if he'll be shifted, so they're waiting and seeing.

Page 94 of 136 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •