Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 92 of 136 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2029
  1. #1366
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    34,983
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    I wouldn't trade him until we can see how he does in AA.
    That's why he is trade bait. They don't want to hurt his trade value by promoting him to AA. If he has not gotten traded by the 31st he will be promoted

  2. #1367
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19,059
    vCash
    1500
    Think it would be stupid to trade him until we can get an extended look at AA. Kid has a solid plate approach, always has.

  3. #1368
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,639
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    That's why he is trade bait. They don't want to hurt his trade value by promoting him to AA. If he has not gotten traded by the 31st he will be promoted
    That concept hadn't occurred to me, Lav. Is it common for minor leaguers to not get promoted during July for this reason (particularly if their team views them as potential trade chips)?

  4. #1369
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    9,042
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    That concept hadn't occurred to me, Lav. Is it common for minor leaguers to not get promoted during July for this reason (particularly if their team views them as potential trade chips)?
    A lot of scouts think hes going to plateau at higher levels, so why take the risk of lowering his value? Makes sense to me too. I wouldnt say its that common Crucis, it only applies to certain people.

  5. #1370
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,147
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    That's why he is trade bait. They don't want to hurt his trade value by promoting him to AA. If he has not gotten traded by the 31st he will be promoted
    Is your sig in regard to the question about him drinking? Regardless, that is awesome and good for pedroia
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

    It is anyway, not anyways.

  6. #1371
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,453
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    A lot of scouts think hes going to plateau at higher levels, so why take the risk of lowering his value? Makes sense to me too. I wouldnt say its that common Crucis, it only applies to certain people.
    Lars AndersOn anyone?

  7. #1372
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19,059
    vCash
    1500
    JBJ and Hazelbaker go back to back to start the game.

  8. #1373
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    JBJ and Hazelbaker go back to back to start the game.
    Bradley

  9. #1374
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    9,042
    vCash
    1500
    A thought on Bradley and prospects in general:

    A lot of smaller framed prospects come up and are determined to have low power ceilings. However, from time to time we see guys who fit this mold have a lot more power than expected as a result of great batspeed.

    A first hand example of this for us is Ellsbury, who has shown the ability to hit a high volume of home runs. Will Bradley hit more bombs than expected? Maybe, maybe not. It's more likely that he wont, but i wouldnt count him out.

  10. #1375
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    9,042
    vCash
    1500
    Jacobs 3-5 with his 9th HR. Seems to have found his power stroke. Hes been a beast since June.

  11. #1376
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,781
    vCash
    1500
    Here's a fairly decent article on Shaq Thompson - you at least have to give props to the kid for trying.

    http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/ba...prospect-shaq-

  12. #1377
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    9,042
    vCash
    1500
    Swihart is going in lately. Good to see that.

    Also Michael Almanzar is really heating up. Hes a boom or bust sort of guy who may have found something out. Hes been hitting for good power and average since the all star break (Salem).

    Good listen about our prospects' value:
    http://audio.weei.com/a/59753033/bra...e-deadline.htm
    Last edited by Nomar; 07-24-2012 at 07:19 PM.

  13. #1378
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    9,042
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Think it would be stupid to trade him until we can get an extended look at AA. Kid has a solid plate approach, always has.
    I think hes not getting promoted because they may want to trade him before then. If he plateaus at AA, his value vanishes, but hes a solid B prospect at this point.

  14. #1379
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,639
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    I think hes not getting promoted because they may want to trade him before then. If he plateaus at AA, his value vanishes, but hes a solid B prospect at this point.
    Well, like Lav implied, it may be a short term thing. They may not have wanted to promote him in july prior to the trade deadline because they see him as a potential trade chip, and don't want to risk having him struggle at AA just before the trading deadline and hurt his value. The player may not even plateau at AA. It could just be a short term struggle just after the promotion to AA. After giving this some thought, it makes a lot of sense logically. It's not the "end of the world" to hold off on such promotions until after the trading deadline to protect the value of potential trade chips.

  15. #1380
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19,059
    vCash
    1500
    Xander hit a bomb today, here's a tweet by Lepler

    Evan Lepler ‏@EvanLepler
    Xander Bogaerts just CRUSHED his 13th HR, a mammoth shot over the batters' eye in straight-away center, beyond the 401 foot marker!

Page 92 of 136 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •