Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Beset by injuries that have resulted in seven Red Sox outfielders being placed on the disabled list, the organization took steps to bolster its ranks Thursday by promoting Ronald Bermudez from Double A Portland to Triple A Pawtucket and Shannon Wilkerson from High A Salem to Portland.
    Boston Globe

vCash
    Lots to like here. Love the kid's attitude.

Bradley, a 5-foot-10-inch, 180-pounder went into Thursday’s games leading the Carolina League with a .367 average, having reached base in 33 of his last 34 games, including 29 in a row.

“That’s always good to hear, when something positive is said about you,’’ he said.

Bradley’s on-base streak was snapped last Thursday in a 2-0 win at Carolina that put Salem in first place in the Southern Division for the first time this season.

“I can only hope to keep it up,’’ he said. “It’s great to hear, but I’m not taking any days off. I’m still going at it like I know how, and that’s 100 percent.’’

Bradley has taken that aggressive approach at the plate, attaining a .495 on-base percentage, the best in all of minor league baseball.

“I’m just trying to see a lot of pitches,’’ Bradley said by phone from Salem, Va. “It’s a small league, so you get to see the same pitchers. So the more pitches you see, the more consistent you’ll be. I’ve been trying to work the count, not only for myself but also for my teammates, so they’ll have a good idea of what to do when they come to the plate. I just want to be the toughest out I can be to a pitcher.’’

Bradley owes his approach at the plate to an unusual mind-set.

“I’m very comfortable being behind in the count, with two strikes,’’ he said. “It really doesn’t bother me going straight to 0-and-2. I feel like I have the confidence and the discipline to work myself back to a favorable count.

“If a pitcher makes a mistake, it’s better for me.’’

In 39 games, Bradley had 37 runs on 51 hits - including 15 doubles, 2 triples, and 3 home runs - with 24 RBIs. He walked 34 times and struck out 24.

“I honestly don’t know what their plans are, whether it’s development, I don’t know,’’ he said. “I haven’t been given a timetable or anything like that.

“No matter what happens, nothing is a surprise to me. I feel like being surprised by something is just a lack of preparation. So I’m prepared for anything they want to do with me.’’
    Boston Globe

vCash
    I've been impressed with JBJ as well - both on and off the field. I enjoy the whole work hard ethic, not afraid of being down 0-2, working the count, etc. An overall great attitude.

As far as Barnes...he gave up an ER?! BUST!!!

vCash
    I dont think its fair to call Barnes a bust yet, but yeah he seems like a total bum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    I dont think its fair to call Barnes a bust yet, but yeah he seems like a total bum.
    Where the strikeouts? Man I want to deport him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Where the strikeouts? Man I want to deport him!
    Yeah, send him back to Connecticut!

vCash
    Yesterday...

Salem
    Bogaerts 1-4 with his 4th HR of the year
    JBJ 0-1, 3 BB, 2 RBI, R
    Drake Britton 5 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K

Greenville
    Keury de la Cruz 2-5, HR, 4 RBI, 2 R
    Miguel Pena 5 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 9 K

vCash
    JBJ is such a developed hitter already. The amount of walks that he's been drawing is insane.

vCash
    Bradley replaces Ellsbury, unless they find ways to dump Crawford contact elsewhere.

vCash
    Vitek is a bust because he was an advanced college hitter. He's the type of pick you expect to mash in the lower levels, move through the levels fast, and have a high floor. He doesn't have great tools that take time to develop in game like most high school players selected early. By all reports he's a butcher with the glove in the IF and will have to eventually move to the OF. They picked him in the first round because of his hitting prowess, they probably expected him to put up Alex Hassan numbers.

vCash
    It's disappointing, that's for sure.

I expected him to hit around .280/.370/.450, damn shame that he didn't pan out. I had high hopes for him.

vCash
    Raunado on NESN right now.

vCash
    Ranaudo threw pretty well. Had a rough 1st inning where he gave up 3 runs, but that was it for the outing. Threw 6 innings, gave up two hits three runs. Showed the power curve to get 3 K's that I saw, was sitting at 91-92 the announcers said. Just needs to find his control a bit more, but he looked pretty good
    Perfect combos, Ghost bang out condos
    Jeff from Hamo, ex three bangos
    Bancos, stank hoes in plain clothes
    Change those, bang those, same old, same old

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    Ranaudo threw pretty well. Had a rough 1st inning where he gave up 3 runs, but that was it for the outing. Threw 6 innings, gave up two hits three runs. Showed the power curve to get 3 K's that I saw, was sitting at 91-92 the announcers said. Just needs to find his control a bit more, but he looked pretty good
    Fastball command could use work, he left it up a lot, or just miss up, wide, down, all over. I still believe he could be a good middle rotation starter.

vCash
    Kalish in his rehab game today...

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe
    Ryan Kalish was 1 for 4 in his rehab game for Single A Salem. Single, K, 3-1, P-6