Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    vCash
    JBJ look like he can be a great 4th outfielder or a decent 3rd for us.

I cant wait to see WMB but yeah you need to wait at least until mid may

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    JBJ look like he can be a great 4th outfielder or a decent 3rd for us.

I cant wait to see WMB but yeah you need to wait at least until mid may
    4th OF? Plus defender and what he's doing at the plate (walking a ton, OBP over .400) screams everyday CF'er

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    4th OF? Plus defender and what he's doing at the plate (walking a ton, OBP over .400) screams everyday CF'er
    I dont think he'll be good enough at the plate for a contending team... I think he'll be like Sweeney. Good enough to start but not an all star.

vCash
    Wasn't JBJ considered a top 10 something like prospect a year prior to the most recent draft last june? He fell into our laps, because he was hurt or something, right?

Don't think statements like that can be made on a player that is in single A. Hell, one year ago everyone would have laughes at the predicition of Ells hitting 30 bombs in a single season...and that was already 3-4 years after he entered the majors. You never know...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    Wasn't JBJ considered a top 10 something like prospect a year prior to the most recent draft last june? He fell into our laps, because he was hurt or something, right?

Don't think statements like that can be made on a player that is in single A. Hell, one year ago everyone would have laughes at the predicition of Ells hitting 30 bombs in a single season...and that was already 3-4 years after he entered the majors. You never know...
    I agree, thats just my feel. Im no expert haha and dont pretend to be. And youre right, he fell in the draft due to injury. He's doing great now as AI pointed out.

SP.com has him compared to Michael Brantley, who i doubt the Red Sox would want as a starter. But as it looks right now, he will hit for a much better average. Brantley was a top prospect though, so im guessing that is what the comparison is based off of.

vCash
    Yup, JBj was considered a top pick until he hurt himself and struggled after his injury. He hasn't showed it yet but he should hit for solid power and he is a good defender. CF is pretty weak depth wise. His OBP so far is great, which is always exciting to see. I wouldn't be surprised if he made AA midway this year. He has a high floor, I think it's a AAAA outfielder.

vCash
    I agree, thats just my feel. Im no expert haha and dont pretend to be. And youre right, he fell in the draft due to injury. He's doing great now as AI pointed out.

SP.com has him compared to Michael Brantley, who i doubt the Red Sox would want as a starter. But as it looks right now, he will hit for a much better average. Brantley was a top prospect though, so im guessing that is what the comparison is based off of.
    I don't like their comps, I don't think they should do them. I don't think any of their scouting guys have really seen him play.

vCash
    I'm so pumped for tomorrow's Barnes vs Bundy matchup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    I'm so pumped for tomorrow's Barnes vs Bundy matchup.
    Wish I could watch it. Too bad Bundy is restricted to 3 innings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    I don't like their comps, I don't think they should do them. I don't think any of their scouting guys have really seen him play.
    Yeah they seem weird. Matt Barnes i pray isnt AJ Burnett haha. And Bogaerts ending up as Asdrubal Cabrera is both unlikely and im hoping he'll be way more productive offensively.

vCash
    I love Barnes (UConn guy here) but from what ive heard Bundy is the truth like potential Cy Young status.

vCash
    I love Barnes (UConn guy here) but from what ive heard Bundy is the truth like potential Cy Young status.
    He hasn't allowed a hit in 9 innings. He doesn't belong in low A. The O's also seem to be being ridiculously careful with him. Hes made 3 starts, all of them 3 easy quick innings.

vCash
    He hasn't allowed a hit in 9 innings. He doesn't belong in low A. The O's also seem to be being ridiculously careful with him. Hes made 3 starts, all of them 3 easy quick innings.
    Yeah i read that. Crazy. You can make the case for both of these guys to move up a level. It would be great if Barnes outperforms him, and it would really open some eyes.

Barnes and Bogaerts

vCash
    keithlaw
    Will Middlebrooks is this year's Anthony Rizzo.

vCash
    keithlaw
    Will Middlebrooks is this year's Anthony Rizzo.
    w.t.f does that mean.

Page 36 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast