Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Tomorrow. That must be one of the most exciting matchups in the minors all year

Also Ranaudo has his first rehab start today. And DiceK is starting for Salem
    And Noe Ramirez is starting too. Hopefully he develops into a solid prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Xander's slash through the first 14 games .302/.373/.509

I'm a Bogaerts ****, love him
    Am I the only one who thinks that Xander is the second coming of Hanley?

I can see Xander making the BA top 10-15 next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post

I see it to, kid is so advanced for his age plus he's not a headcase. Everybody raves about his work ethic. Kid will be special, I'm certain of it.

Edit: To add to your BA top 10-15 comment, I've read a few chats where they predict that a good year from Bogaerts could boost him into the top 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post

Obviously he is a lot slower, so hopefully he'll hit for power more consistently.

I bet hes in the BA top 10 two years from now and in the later 20s to mid 30s next year. But thats just a stab in the dark anyway, so hopefully youre right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    Obviously he is a lot slower, so hopefully he'll hit for power more consistently.

I bet hes in the BA top 10 two years from now and in the later 20s to mid 30s next year. But thats just a stab in the dark anyway, so hopefully youre right.
    He was ranked #58 this year after a brief showing at Low-A. His SLG% so far this year is the same as last years (.509) but his AVG/OBP have both gone up. If he continues to produce like this, he'll jump up the lists pretty damn fast because that type of production out of his position is pretty rare.

vCash
    He was ranked #58 this year after a brief showing at Low-A. His SLG% so far this year is the same as last years (.509) but his AVG/OBP have both gone up. If he continues to produce like this, he'll jump up the lists pretty damn fast because that type of production out of his position is pretty rare.
    True, i've gotten in the habit of thinking of xander as a 3B when he could end up being an oversized SS like Cal Ripken. If he could stick at SS he could be in the top 3 or at least top 5 in a couple years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    True, i've gotten in the habit of thinking of xander as a 3B when he could end up being an oversized SS like Cal Ripken. If he could stick at SS he could be in the top 3 or at least top 5 in a couple years.
    People jump to the conclusion of him automatically being moved to 3B because he'll fill up and outgrow the position, but that is something you can't predict. With the type of work ethic Xander has, I see no reason why he can't be an oversized SS a la Ripken, A-Rod, Garciaparra, etc. He has good range and a strong arm plus he says he wants to stay at that position. If there was one guy in our system capable of doing such a thing, it would be Xander.

vCash
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/#list=int
    Hopefully we can sign one or two of these guys.

Bobby V is all in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSox>Yankees View Post
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/#list=int
    Hopefully we can sign one or two of these guys.
    I've read quite a bit about Cabrera. Looks like a stud, I still want Soler

vCash
    With the type of work ethic Xander has, I see no reason why he can't be an oversized SS a la Ripken, A-Rod, Garciaparra, etc. He has good range and a strong arm plus he says he wants to stay at that position. If there was one guy in our system capable of doing such a thing, it would be Xander.
    One can only hope that you're right. Xander at SS would be a f'n dream. At this position and the pace he's currently on, he would be a BA top 3-5 prospect sooner than later.

And still as a 3B/OF he would be touted very high. What's the likeliest OF position he could turn into? I mean LF is obviously blocked for a long time, same could happen in CF. RF seems possible with his strong arm, but how about range?

vCash
    If Xander busts I will never be high on a prospect ever again. He's starting to look like a dream prospect. If he outgrows the infield that just means he will be even bigger and stronger.

vCash
    Dream scenario would be him staying at short though. He could easily be a future hall of famer if he plays short (totally hypothetical obvi)

vCash
    He's the only prospect in our system that SP.com has graded with the potential of being a 10. Everybody else tops out at 8-9.

vCash
    I feel like Barnes should have a 10 ceiling too.

vCash
    WMB today: 0-2, BB

**** this guy i want him off the team.