Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    vCash
    He's off to a hot start which is really good for him.

vCash
    I can't believe how good he's been so far. Hopefully he can keep it up.

vCash
    Salem mid season. Double AA mid season next year. Could move quickly.

vCash
    Vinicio?

vCash
    Get me up to speed guys, how is our future doing so far?

vCash
    Awesome. Up and down for the most part, but very encouraging signs from a lot of players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by avrpatsfan View Post
    Vinicio?
    Barnes. He's bound for high A this summer.

vCash
    Alright that's what I thought haha. Yeah I totally agree, Barnes is going to be in Salem by the end of May. I could see him in Portland this year if he impresses enough at Salem.

I'm so glad we drafted him, he's going to be a stud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by avrpatsfan View Post
    Alright that's what I thought haha. Yeah I totally agree, Barnes is going to be in Salem by the end of May. I could see him in Portland this year if he impresses enough at Salem.

I'm so glad we drafted him, he's going to be a stud.
    Maybe not this year, but a very quick promotion to AA in April next year.

vCash
    Unless Barnes gets destroyed at Salem, he will 100% be in AA next year. He'd have to dominate at Salem to have a chance at AA this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Get me up to speed guys, how is our future doing so far?
    Owens + Barnes had great debuts. Only been a couple games for hitters. I'd say the most impressive position player has been Swihart. Lots of hits, walks, a couple SB.

vCash
    Matt Barnes debut

Code:
    IP 	H 	R 	ER 	BB 	SO 	HR 	ERA
    5.0 	2 	0 	0 	2 	9 	0 	0.00
    http://greenville.drive.milb.com/mil...wdafx_capafx_1

Matt Barnes said he began his first Minor League outing Sunday afternoon with one mantra in mind: The mound doesn't change from college to pro ball. The mound stays the same.

Barnes -- a 2011 first-round Draft pick and the Red Sox's No. 13 prospect -- struck out nine batters over five innings in his pro debut Sunday as the Class A Greenville Drive stymied the Lakewood BlueClaws, 4-0, at Fluor Field.

"I just wanted to give my team a chance to win and do what I've done the last couple of years," the former University of Connecticut standout said. "Though we don't really get too many fans at UConn. I was pretty excited for this start ever since I signed."

Barnes, selected 19th overall last June, fanned at least one batter in each of his five frames. He gave up singles to Carlos Perdomo and Aaron Altherr and issued a pair of walks.

Lessons learned?

"When I was in the fourth inning, I tried to do too much," said Schumer, who followed Altherr's hit in the fourth by walking Christopher Duffy. "I need to let my stuff take care of it, don't get too over-amped."

The 21-year-old right-hander credited the strikeouts to his fastball. He said his coaches and father, who was in attendance, told him the pitch ranged between 94-97 mph.
    http://greenville.drive.milb.com/new...vkey=news_milb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Owens + Barnes had great debuts. Only been a couple games for hitters. I'd say the most impressive position player has been Swihart. Lots of hits, walks, a couple SB.
    Cecchini I hope to put up some good numbers. Still think he is our best pure hitter.

vCash
    Yeah, he's way ahead of schedule. I'm wondering if he will be ready this month. Miller also pitched.

2 K's, 1 BB in Owens first inning. Swihart has a single to add to his bb, he's hot to start his career.
    And he won't be in Greenville long. That kind of plate discipline is typically not emphasized until AA so I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit Salem in mid-May.

Oh, and the Salem rotation is full of must-miss kids. Barnes and Castillo could be there pretty quickly.

Owens strikes out the side in the 4th. Someone on soxprospects wrote the announcer said he hit 101 mph, but the gun there is unreliable.
    Yep, it's absolutely terrible.

A bit closer to the top, Middlebrooks is off to a solid start: 5/14, 2-2B, .357/.357/.500. I'll be happy if this season gets him some regular time with the big league club. Love to make a decision on Youk/Ortiz grounded in want vs need.

On the other had, Jose = Fail. 1/10, 1BB for a .100/.100/.167. Woot! At least he's got a hit which is more than Exposito, Lin, and Hassan can say.

vCash
    At least one bit of good news for Red Sox is that No 1 pick righty Matt Barnes struck out 13 for Greenville vs Lakewood in his pro debut.
    Only Cafardo lol. (He struck out 9)

Bobby V is all in!