Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 135 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136 LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2029
    vCash
    I think Aledmys Diaz will be this years Soler/Puig. Since he's a SS, i really hope the Sox go for him. He's said to have hit for power and average, have average speed, and an above average arm. Cuban prospects had a great year this year too. Definitely want this guy in our system.

He won't sign until January 8th, when he turns 23 and will no longer be under the new CBA rules. This will make him more money and also give teams with tons of financial flexibility (hello Boston) the advantage.

Here's a video of a HR by him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=112-H2_WOZA
    Last edited by Nomar; 12-14-2012 at 03:46 AM.

vCash
    Just some random thoughts on our farm system.

I think Britton is going to be very good this year. I think he will be moved to AAA either after spring training or early in the season. He could potentially be a September call up.

Travis Shaw is going to continue to break out. He had a very good season last year. He could be a good defensive 1B, with good plate discipline,and power. This isn't to be confused as Shaw is going to be the next A Gon. I just believe he will be on more peoples radar next season. I hope we don't trade him just yet.

I'm still big on Coyle. I think he takes steps forward. His progress isn't showing up in the stats, but he's improving.

Cecchini will start to tap into some of that power more this year.

Jacobs should bounce back. He seemed to get back on track towards the end of the year. He could be a very valuable trade chip.

I also think Pimentel will rebound too. I do not believe he is an ace in the making. I'm just saying he could start to justify some of the hype!

Lastly lol we need to go out and get Jose Mujica!!

vCash
    I think Pimental is garbage personally. Coyle needs to make better contact, but he was young for his placement. Shaws ability to hit for any average disappeared once he was called up to Portland, only time will tell if it was just an adjustment period.

vCash
    I'm on the side that it was just an adjustment period with Shaw. Like you said though only time will tell.

I just feel like Pimentel has very good stuff. He will probably move to the bullpen and follow a Manny Delcarmen career path.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    He won't sign until January 8th, when he turns 23 and will no longer be under the new CBA rules. This will make him more money and also give teams with tons of financial flexibility (hello Boston) the advantage.
    Fill me in on this sir.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Just some random thoughts on our farm system.

I think Britton is going to be very good this year. I think he will be moved to AAA either after spring training or early in the season. He could potentially be a September call up.

I also think Pimentel will rebound too. I do not believe he is an ace in the making. I'm just saying he could start to justify some of the hype!
    Both these guys fall in the same bucket IMO. They were overhyped because they had high k-rates at very young ages... AND they're lefties. I'm not that much a fan of either. Britton simply cannot stay in the strike zone enough and when he is in the zone he gets hit. Hard. Pimentel is no longer fooling anyone. His k-rate has dropped almost every year, and definitely dropped as he's moved up the ladder. He also had a bad rap for being immature; given his flameout a year ago I doubt he has the mental makeup to go very far.

Cecchini will start to tap into some of that power more this year.
    This kid has amazing physical tools. Among the position players he's probably my second or third favorite to become an impact player.

Jacobs should bounce back. He seemed to get back on track towards the end of the year. He could be a very valuable trade chip.
    Not a fan. Decent present power but I'm not nearly as sold on him as a hitter as most. Didn't really impress me that much at the plate when I saw him. He's a butcher in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by AI4 View Post
    Fill me in on this sir.
    Presumably he's referring to the built-in timers for MLB FA and/or Rule V draft. Guys are automatically eligible at age 23. If he signs after he turns 23 the rules don't apply... and no team wants to risk signing him and being subject to losing him immediately thereafter if he can't make the opening day roster.

vCash
    Travis Shaw could be very good, he has power and he walks a lot.
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    Travis Shaw could be very good, he has power and he walks a lot.
    New poster.

Was able to watch Shaw play during his college career at Kent State. He is a very good hitter and has all the qualities, a good eye, plate coverage, opposite field ability, and power.

He has as good a shot as anyone to break through to MLB.

On a sidenote, for three seasons at Kent State, Shaw was flanked by RF Ben Klafczynski who also put up some great college numbers, also a LHH, and very similar with plate approach and abilities.

SHAW:321 .428 .577
    KLAFCZYNSKI:.350 .429 .584

Funny thing, Klafczynski was drafted by the Cubs, and then
    after 1/2 season(2011), new Cubs boss Theo Epstein whacked him in ST2012?

He is now a RHP in the Red Sox organization after converting to the mound with easy 93-95mph and can hit 98.

vCash
    Lastly lol we need to go out and get Jose Mujica!!
    The kid I like is Wendell Rijo that the Sox signed back in July. I believe he was ranked as #5 international prospect. One scouting report on him said

"Although Wendell Rijo wasn’t the best runner or had the best power, he was undoubtedly the best baseball player in the Dominican Prospect League. His future tools grade out to be a solid Major League player; He’s a plus runner, has a solid average arm and defense, and should hit for average and power."

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    20GP / 9G / 13A / 1.1PPG / +20

vCash
    De Jesus has been playing great so far this winter. Maybe he will start to turn things around. He could be a very very good utility player.

vCash
    What does the starting depth look like from the system that could help this year?

1. De La Rossa (Huge fan)
    2. Workman
    3. Wrigth (No Charlie Zink please)

Pimentel has 1 option left and he is looking like a bullpen arm at best now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    What does the starting depth look like from the system that could help this year?

1. De La Rossa (Huge fan)
    2. Workman
    3. Wrigth (No Charlie Zink please)

Pimentel has 1 option left and he is looking like a bullpen arm at best now.
    While they are outside shots I think you can add Britton and Webster to that.

vCash
    Think Webster is really gonna surprise us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnsLunch View Post
    Think Webster is really gonna surprise us.
    I like his type as a fit for Fenway. Hard throwing sinkerballer with a change to keep people off balance.

vCash
    As far as kids from the farm, I like Webster the best to be productive in 2013, although it may not be in the final analysis that good.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....