Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 133 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2029
    vCash
    Same here man, that's what this organization has going for it at this point.

vCash
    The MVP of the Boston club has been catcher Alixon Suarez. After two years on the Red Sox’ Dominican Summer League team, he is hitting .329/.453/.553, by far the best line for a Sox minor leaguer. The top Sox pitcher on the club has been Victor Ramirez, who has followed up a strong pro debut in the DSL bullpen with 28 strong innings, allowing 23 hits and nine walks while striking out 15 en route to a 2.89 ERA in eight games, four starts.

From Espnboston.com i remember someone was saying how they loved suarez and it looks like he is playing very well

vCash
    I said a while back in this thread that Suarez was a name to know going forward, I've read quite a bit about him this year and the bat sounds like it has some plus potential.

vCash
    yeah it looks like it we will have to see how he does going forward but hes definitely showing some potential with the bat how is he with the glove?

vCash
    Him and Margot are our DSL dandies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EwanSellars View Post
    yeah it looks like it we will have to see how he does going forward but hes definitely showing some potential with the bat how is he with the glove?
    He's throw out 38% of his runners.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...e.cgi?id=yY8ka

vCash
    Mike Newman of fangraphs talking about a few of our less talked about OF's.

De La Cruz has holes in his offensive game which very well might catch up to him at the upper levels, but there may not be a better pure hitter on this list. One scout called it a, “65 hit tool” which is very high praise. De La Cruz’ defense lags far behind his bat. For me, he’d rank higher if I could envision a scenario where De La Cruz could man center field in a pinch. Unfortunately, it’s a below average glove in left at this point, so center is just not a viable option.
    This rank is 99.9% projection and 0.1% production. At 6-foot-4, 190 pounds with the classic left-handed stroke, Darryl Strawberry was the first name that popped into my head when watching Jerez in batting practice. Of course physical resemblance means little until the on field production is there to match. Still, I would welcome Jerez into my organization with open arms on the chance things come together even though they probably never will.
    Seeing Perkins’ 35.5% strikeout rate in the New York-Penn League took me by surprise as he barreled the baseball as well as any prospect on his team when watching Lowell play in Auburn. At present, he’s a bad body prospect who would benefit by dropping 20 pounds or so. Perkins will always have to work hard to maintain his frame, but I’ve seen prospects transform physicall in a single off-season. I hope to see the same from Perkins if he’s assigned to Greenville next spring.

vCash
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. — After a one-year hiatus, the Red Sox will once again conduct their Rookie Development Program this coming January. The program helps to familiarize players who are likely to be considered for addition to the big league roster within a 12- to 18-month window with Boston, Fenway Park and team officials.

This year’s class of attendees will be fairly prospect-rich. Among those in attendance, according to a Red Sox team source, will be a number of players who were added to the 40-man roster in the past two years:

LHP Drake Britton

C Dan Butler

OF Alex Hassan

RHP Rubby De La Rosa

C Christian Vazquez

RHP Allen Webster

RHP Steven Wright

Additionally, the Sox will include some of their top prospects as non-roster invitees to the program, including:

SS Xander Bogaerts

OF Jackie Bradley Jr.

OF Bryce Brentz

LHP Chris Hernandez

That list is not necessarily a complete one, but it represents an interesting ensemble of young talent that is reaching the upper levels.

A couple additional minor league notes:

The groin injury to right-hander Anthony Ranaudo in the Puerto Rican Winter League is not considered serious, but the idea of disrupting and then resuming his schedule (which had already been disrupted during the Puerto Rican schedule due to rain delays, among other things) didn’t seem to make sense given that he was likely only going to make a couple of additional starts. The Sox’ reports on the right-hander’s stuff were quite positive, as he flashed a 92-95 mph fastball with some good curveballs in his final starts. Though he had a 6.75 ERA in his four outings, Ranaudo dominated with two of those, and so his winter league schedule represented a better final note than the end of his Portland season, when he’d seen both bad results and diminished stuff.
    Ranaudo seems all but certain to open 2013 in the rotation of Double-A Portland. In sharp contrast to a year ago, when the Red Sox’ Triple-A rotation depth options were comprised almost solely of minor league free agents, the team will feature prospects who were either homegrown or acquired in trades. As things currently stand, De La Rosa, Webster, Hernandez, Wright and Stolmy Pimentel appear likely to represent the team’s rotation depth, with De La Rosa (by virtue of his prior big league experience) representing the sole member of the group with prior big league experience.
    With former PawSox manager Arnie Beyeler having been promoted to the big league staff as a first base coach, the Red Sox continue to search for a Triple-A manager. The team is considering both internal and external options.
    http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/bos...pment-program/

vCash
    Josh Fields was taken first overall in the rule 5 draft by Houston.

vCash
    Ryan Pressly went fourth overall. The Red Sox selected Kobernus from the Washington Nationals and traded him to the Tigers. In the AAA round the Sox selected another National in Jack McGeary (LHP).

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Looking at the draft the guy I like the most is Austin Meadows!! Do you guys believe we have a shot at him? We need a lefty power bat like him. Another guy is Garrett Williams but he'd be a big reach at 7. Besides Appel, and Stanek I don't really see a pitcher I like as a must get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Looking at the draft the guy I like the most is Austin Meadows!! Do you guys believe we have a shot at him? We need a lefty power bat like him. Another guy is Garrett Williams but he'd be a big reach at 7. Besides Appel, and Stanek I don't really see a pitcher I like as a must get.
    Meadows' stock appears to be dropping. I like Clint Frazier more personally.

What ive read on meadows has him being solid across the board but not great at anything. He isnt a power bat either. More likely a 20/20 candidate than a HR derby contestant.

vCash
    I want Frazier, been saying it for months.

vCash
    I also want Frazier looks like he will be nasty and he will probably be there at 7 also

vCash
    Yeah. Honestly I sort of want Bryant to me he looks like asure thing hitter.