Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 113 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2029
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    I would much rather see him in LF. And my second choice would be get Bogaerts ready for 3B, sign Swisher for a couple years and stick him at first then move Middlebrooks to first once Bogaerts come up.
    NOT going to happen! Swisher is looking for a big, long term deal. And while I doubt that he'll get $100M, I don't think that it's a stretch to say that he'll probably should be able to get a minimum of 4 yrs.

As for Bogearts, if they're going to consider the OF, they should start cross-training him for the OF ASAP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    NOT going to happen! Swisher is looking for a big, long term deal. And while I doubt that he'll get $100M, I don't think that it's a stretch to say that he'll probably should be able to get a minimum of 4 yrs.

As for Bogearts, if they're going to consider the OF, they should start cross-training him for the OF ASAP.
    They wont know for sure where he'll end up if moved until the offseason moved are made, so you cant start cross training him anywhere yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    They wont know for sure where he'll end up if moved until the offseason moved are made, so you cant start cross training him anywhere yet.
    Of course you could. Send him to the fall instructional league and have him split time between 1B and LF. it wouldn't hurt for him to learn the basics of both positions. IMO, there's no excuse for minor leaguers not knowing how to play multiple positions on at least a basic level. This sort of cross training should be standard procedure for all minor league position players.

vCash
    Moving Xander to 1b would be idiotic. You don't move a guy from one end of the defensive spectrum to the other end. Right now it looks like all the publications are backing off on him having to move from SS anytime soon anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Moving Xander to 1b would be idiotic. You don't move a guy from one end of the defensive spectrum to the other end. Right now it looks like all the publications are backing off on him having to move from SS anytime soon anyways.
    Agreed and yeah ive heard hes been above average defensively this year.

vCash
    Moving Xander to 1B would be the most idiotic thing this organization could do.

Just no, stick him at SS until he can't handle it.

vCash
    So have X Bo play some LF and RF in the winter league. He needs to develop those skills at least.

vCash
    Ivan Dejesus made his debut with Pawtucket today. 2-3, BB, 2 R

Brentz continues to mash. 2-4, 2B, now hitting .300/.360/.488

Xander 1-4, SB, he's cooled off but still has a .328/.358/.672 line in 16 AA games

Hazelbaker 2-4, 2 HR, 3 RBI, 2 R. He's had a nice season, under the radar.

Barnes 4 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 3/2 K/BB. He's definitely hit the rookie wall, it's expected in your first full season of pro ball. He's stayed healthy and has been effective. Will likely start next year in AA.

Cecchini 1-3, 2B, 2 BB, R and stole his 46th base of the year. Hasn't hit for power, but that is one of the last tools to develop. Solid season for him .303/.385/.419

Pat Light 3 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2/0 K/BB

GCL Red Sox advanced to the GCL finals and will face the Pirates in a 3 game series.

Maddox went 3 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2/0 K/BB

vCash
    Recent Q&A with Kevin Goldstein about our farm system

http://www.overthemonster.com/2012/8...evin-goldstein

vCash
    Not that I'm a scout, but when I went to the Sea Dogs yesterday, I saw Xander play SS. I don't think he'll be able to stick there. First off, he's huge and will continue to grow. He made a few throws that we're way off and was lucky that Shaw was able to snatch them. His range only looked decent. He does not play the hop well at all.

Could he have just had a bad night? I suppose, but either way, I don't see him sticking at SS.

vCash
    They're also looking at a pretty interesting group of position-player prospects racing up the system, led by Xander Bogaerts, who has improved his defense at shortstop this year and might defy earlier expectations and stay at the position.
    Law was always down on Bogaerts, the fact that he now says that Xander might "defy expectations" and stay at SS gives me reason to be excited. Kid is legit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    Not that I'm a scout, but when I went to the Sea Dogs yesterday, I saw Xander play SS. I don't think he'll be able to stick there. First off, he's huge and will continue to grow. He made a few throws that we're way off and was lucky that Shaw was able to snatch them. His range only looked decent. He does not play the hop well at all.

Could he have just had a bad night? I suppose, but either way, I don't see him sticking at SS.
    From what ive read hes looked fine there this year, but youre right on with his size. Hes just going to get bigger and bigger and the footspeed will get slower and slower. Hanley had way more speed/range and he couldnt even stick there, granted his glove was just terrible. Theres a 99% chance he wont stick at SS. To me, i would say 3B makes the most sense for him. I bet he would be good defensively there. Middlebrooks doesnt look to hot there anyway, maybe a move to first could work out for him. Otherwise its LF for Bogaerts.

vCash
    when does webster get his first start?

Atlantic City Redraft Champions

vCash
    Xander went 0-4 with 3 K's tonight, he's cooled off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Xander went 0-4 with 3 K's tonight, he's cooled off.
    And he still has about an 1.000 OPS lol. The dude was on fire. Maybe hes got one more streak in him this season.