Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 112 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2029
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic AL View Post
    i love the high praises for Allen Webster! hopefully he is the real deal!
    I think he's the safer bet compared to Rubby, while De la Rosa is more of a flashy guy (Pedro-comp) with more bust potential due to some obvious injury concerns.

But yes, our farm has come a long way and while I think you can never have enough SP-depth in the minors, our farm should produce some nice arms over the next few years.
    We need that healthy mix of young and cost-controlled players coupled with veterans, that'll do wonders for your payroll and team chemistry and product on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnsLunch View Post
    Hmmm then were still gonna need a stopper
    There aren't that many of them. And teams only tend to make them available for trade when those players are about to hit free agency. It may be almost easier to try to develop one of your own.

vCash
    They're also looking at a pretty interesting group of position-player prospects racing up the system, led by Xander Bogaerts, who has improved his defense at shortstop this year and might defy earlier expectations and stay at the position.
    Keith Law

vCash
    Rubby de la Rosa blew up as a prospect before blowing out entirely back in 2011, but he's back from Tommy John surgery and, by 2013, should be able to pick up where he left off when his elbow snapped. He has touched 100 mph as a starter and sits comfortably in the mid-to-upper 90s, offsetting it with an above-average changeup with good fading action in the mid-80s, and, before the surgery, could throw both pitches for strikes. His slider is hard but really short, 82-86, but it doesn't have a lot of tilt to it because he tends to get on top of the pitch, often coming out higher than he does on his fastball; his curveball, a pitch he seldom throws, is in the mid-70s, breaking down but without tight rotation.

Even an average slider would give him No. 1 or No. 2 starter potential, and I think he can get there if he can release it from a slightly lower spot, closer to where he releases the fastball. It's a huge arm in any role, and, as long as he's healthy, he should be able to start.
    Keith Law

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Keith Law
    I seen him pitch last year. I think it was that game he left with the injury. He look pretty nasty.

vCash
    is Tazawa still consider a prospect? He's been up and down so much. But damn he is throwing 95-97 now. Now if he somehow could find his 12-6 curveball again, he might be a starter with the splitter as 3 pitch mix. He hardly walks anybody. Just 1.8BB/9
    Last edited by Station 13; 08-26-2012 at 12:14 AM.

vCash
    Rubby De La Rosa, RHP: Not technically a prospect, De La Rosa posted a 3.71 ERA with a 60/31 K/BB in 61 innings for the Dodgers in 2011, exceeding rookie qualifications. He is recovering from Tommy John surgery and has pitched 12 innings in the minors this year as part of his rehab work, posting a 0.00 ERA with a 12/3 K/BB and just five hits allowed, pitching for the Arizona Rookie League Dodgers and the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes in the High-A California League. A healthy De La Rosa features a mid-90s fastball, with a slider and changeup. The 23-year-old can develop into a number three starter, perhaps a two if he really maxes out. If durability becomes a concern, he can be a fireballing reliever. I would give him a Grade B+ if he was still a prospect.
    Allen Webster, RHP: The key rookie in the trade, Webster was drafted in the 18th round in 2008, from high school in Madison, North Carolina. Primarily an infielder as a prep, he made a successful transition to full-time mound work in the minors. He had an excellent 2010 season in the Low-A Midwest League, but was erratic in 2011. 2012 has been more successful, with a 3.55 ERA and a 117/57 K/BB in 122 innings for Double-A Chattanooga.

Webster is listed at 6-3, 185, born February 18, 1990. He has a mid-90s sinker that helped him post a 2.05 GO/AO ratio this year, allowing only one home run. His improvement this year results from greater consistency with his curveball, slider, and changeup. He's been very effective of late, with a 2.08 ERA in his last 12 starts with a 64/35 K/BB in 65 innings.

Webster's command still needs some work, but he has the natural ability to be a number two starter if everything comes together. I'd rate him a Grade B+.
    John Sickels

vCash
    They should have Xander pull a Machado and skip AAA. I want to see this kid badly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee$ Hater View Post
    They should have Xander pull a Machado and skip AAA. I want to see this kid badly.
    He's only played 15 games at the AA level. Even for a jump directly from AA, don't you think that Xander should have played more than just 15 AA games?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    He's only played 15 games at the AA level. Even for a jump directly from AA, don't you think that Xander should have played more than just 15 AA games?
    I'm saying keep him in AA for at least half of next season and see how he does. If he's tearing it up I hope they consider it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee$ Hater View Post
    I'm saying keep him in AA for at least half of next season and see how he does. If he's tearing it up I hope they consider it.
    Well, if Xander continues to tear up AA into next season, we might see a promotion to AAA by June, I suppose. After that, who knows?

vCash
    Machado didn't even have good minor league numbers.....not like xander
    Perfect combos, Ghost bang out condos
    Jeff from Hamo, ex three bangos
    Bancos, stank hoes in plain clothes
    Change those, bang those, same old, same old

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    Machado didn't even have good minor league numbers.....not like xander
    No but like Xander he is very young and has great tools. We're lucky, not many 19 year olds start to show off their great tools in game action as soon as Bogaerts has. Personally, i think Bogaerts will be a better batter, but Machado has a better chance of sticking at SS than Bogaerts, so his bat will probably play very well there.

vCash
    I read an article by Chad Finn recently suggesting a move for X Bo to 1B. He has the body for it, and he can't stay at SS and we need someone to play there. Either 1B or LF for him. Thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    I read an article by Chad Finn recently suggesting a move for X Bo to 1B. He has the body for it, and he can't stay at SS and we need someone to play there. Either 1B or LF for him. Thoughts?
    I would much rather see him in LF. And my second choice would be get Bogaerts ready for 3B, sign Swisher for a couple years and stick him at first then move Middlebrooks to first once Bogaerts come up.