9. Garin Cecchini, 3B
    10. Drake Britton, RHP

Those were Law's rankings for the Red Sox
    Small error, as Britton is a lefty.
    Bring back MacDime

vCash
    @Kevin_Goldstein
    Kevin Goldstein
    Fairly certain my Red Sox prospect rankings will have some calling for me to be institutionalized.
    Via Twitter

There seems to be a wide range of opinions on the RS rankings. Its a good and bad thing I guess. A lot of quality prospects but none that really jump out. You can go in multiple directions. You have upside in guys like Barnes, Boegarts, Jacobs etc.. ML-readiness in Lavarnway.
    Last edited by nyyfan4life; 02-09-2012 at 01:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life:20894972

Via Twitter

There seems to be a wide range of opinions on the RS rankings. Its a good and bad thing I guess. A lot of quality prospects but none that really jump out. You can go in multiple directions. You have upside in guys like Barnes, Boegarts, Jackson etc.. ML-readiness in Lavarnway.
    ?

Bobby V is all in!

vCash
    Mason Williams is 150 pounds right now and he is even less of a sure thing than Bogaerts. I dont know how hes 30 spots higher.

Gary Sanchez seems like hell be a very solid catcher if he can keep playing the position and not have to move to first base or something.

Im also big on Barnes and Brentz, but well see how they do this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSox>Yankees View Post
    ?
    Sorry. Meant Jacobs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    Mason Williams is 150 pounds right now and he is even less of a sure thing than Bogaerts. I dont know how hes 30 spots higher.

Gary Sanchez seems like hell be a very solid catcher if he can keep playing the position and not have to move to first base or something.

I think Brentz is very overrated. He projects to be a good power hitter but his plate discipline is extremely poor. His defense, besides his arm, is pretty poor as well. He was an advanced college hitter so he was expected to dominate A-ball. He's one of those guys that will have to hit his way to the big leagues. Next year will be big for him.

Sanchez, like Bogaerts, has superstar potential. He has attitude issues though and his effort has been questioned in the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    I think Brentz is very overrated. He projects to be a good power hitter but his plate discipline is extremely poor. His defense, besides his arm, is pretty poor as well. He was an advanced college hitter so he was expected to dominate A-ball. He's one of those guys that will have to hit his way to the big leagues. Next year will be big for him.
    I pretty much agree with this. Considering his age and the fact that he was considered an advanced college hitter he hit like he should last year. I wouldn't go out and say he's very overrated, he still displayed a very nice amount of power, but this next year will be a lot more telling of his true potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post

He's a Yankee...

vCash
    I love how Lavarnway is never in the top 100 and Montero is top 5 and they basically put up the same numbers.

vCash
    Mason Williams does have a very high upside, there's no point in arguing that. He needs to fill out a bit more obviously, and it's possibly that Law thinks he'll be able to do that just fine. His rankings are more of a high upside look at things and it's certainly possible that he's just really high on Williams.

I don't get why we always have to compare Red Sox/Yankees prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Baseball America regarding Soler, I can't stress how bad I want us to sign him.
    I don't get too hyped up having watched so many "OMG we gotta sign him" guys flame out.

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    I don't get how you can rank a guy like Mason Williams so high (above Bogaerts) and than not even mention brandon jacobs

Law just keeps showing how inconsistent he is.
    Jacobs is a pretty weak fielder, almost embarrassing at times. My first reaction watching him was, "Him? Really?" Didn't read fly balls very well, didn't field cleanly, ...

vCash
    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=16020

Xander (#32), Jacobs (#46), Middlebrooks (#55) and Lavarnway (#98) all make Kevin Goldstein's top 100 prospects list.
    Last edited by AI; 02-13-2012 at 05:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=16020

Xander (#32), Jacobs (#46), Middlebrooks (#55) and Lavarnway (#98) all make Kevin Goldstein's top 100 prospects list.
    I would put Lavarnway (#32), Middlebrooks (#36), Xander (#55), and Jacobs (#98). I hate how Lavarnway is so underrated.

vCash
    Goldstein's top 11 Sox prospects go up tomorrow.

vCash

Page 11 of 136 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast