Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 136 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    vCash
    oh man Middlebrooks and Hassan For Teheran lol, would love to get that guy
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...tnerId=rss_bos

Lavarnway gets no respect, he rakes every year yet nothing.

vCash
    "While Lavarnway's power has always been his calling card, he's turned himself into a decent backstop as well"

If they think that he has already turned into a decent backstop, I have no idea why he's only at #8 on the list. His stick is outstanding for a catcher and if they ecpect him to sty there, he should compete with Montero for #1.

But I don't care at all what the rankings and experts say, Ryan will go his way and sometimes it's better to be an underdog. It would be a bad thing if our FO considered him a trading-chip, but Lavs is here to stay.

Edit: Can someone tell me why there was never any hype surrounding Alex Hassan? His stats look decent and you gotta live his OBP/BB skills. Is it basically out of the question that he becomes a regular on the Sox?
    Last edited by SirHizz; 01-21-2012 at 12:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post

Yup, I've said this before. Other than a few years in age, Lav is almost/just as good as Montero. He just doesn't have NY hype on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    "While Lavarnway's power has always been his calling card, he's turned himself into a decent backstop as well"

If they think that he has already turned into a decent backstop, I have no idea why he's only at #8 on the list. His stick is outstanding for a catcher and if they ecpect him to sty there, he should compete with Montero for #1.

But I don't care at all what the rankings and experts say, Ryan will go his way and sometimes it's better to be an underdog. It would be a bad thing if our FO considered him a trading-chip, but Lavs is here to stay.

Edit: Can someone tell me why there was never any hype surrounding Alex Hassan? His stats look decent and you gotta live his OBP/BB skills. Is it basically out of the question that he becomes a regular on the Sox?
    Jeremy Hazelbaker is another nice OF'ers who flies under the rader.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=hazelb001jer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    I'm not saying these are logical reasons, but he was unheralded when he was drafted and he has an ugly swing. I love his approach at the plate though.

vCash

Lol at a guy whose career OPS is .675 being ranked over Lavarnway. And a guy who has played for 1 year (and wasn't even as good as Lavarnway has been in his career). And Wilin Rosario who had a .741 OPS last year in the minors and a below .700 OPS in the MLB. Outside of Sanchez, Montero, and that Blue Jays guy he's better than those guys. Whatever, when he starts raking they'll shut up.

vCash
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/#list=2b

How the hell is Tejeda ranked #4 among 2B prospects yet Coyle doesn't even make the list?
    Last edited by AI; 01-22-2012 at 02:23 PM.

vCash
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/#list=2b

How the hell is Tejeda ranked #4 among 2B prospects yet Coyle doesn't even make the list?
    Yeah... that list is garbage.

vCash
    Mayo is horrible at his job

vCash

vCash
    Finally someone who doesn't buy into the endless hyping-machine named "Yankees-farm". Really, I think most of their guys are dramatically overrated, just a year ago Yanks fans were claiming that Brackman was a top-prospect and complete off-limits in any trade except Felix Hernandez.

Whom I really like is Manny Banuelos, but even he has still a long way to go. Betances could make it as well, but again, he's kinda overrated at the moment. Sanchez is a very nice prospect as well, but after that?
    But hey, every farm would take a huge hit after trading/graduating its best prospect, we've faced the same problem after giving up guys like Kelly and Rizzo.

Right now, I think both farms are pretty even. Yanks probably have better prospects at the top, #1-#2, but I like our depth better. To be honest, both teams barely outside top 10 is probably right.

vCash

Yankees fans are going to go ape ****. There's one in particular I can think of an a Red Sox board I frequent who has been trolling about how terrible our farm system is. Every time we're rumored to be working on a trade for someone he talks about how we don't have the trade chips to acquire anyone. Yet, he thinks the Yankees have future major league players at 7 positions in their minors.

I can't wait to see his new sig.

vCash
    Chris Hatfield
    @SPChrisHatfield
    Can't share specific list, but got John Sickels' Top 50 Hitters and Pitchers in email today. 3 #RedSox hitters, 1 pitcher listed. Guesses?
    Looks like we'll have 4 of our own make MiLB's Top 100. I'm guessing Barnes, Bogaerts, Lavarnway and one of Middlebrooks/Cecchini/Brentz are on the list.

vCash
    Looks like we'll have 4 of our own make MiLB's Top 100. I'm guessing Barnes, Bogaerts, Lavarnway and one of Middlebrooks/Cecchini/Brentz are on the list.
    Looks about right. My guess would be Middlebrooks, Bogaerts and Lavarnway with Ranaudo as the pitcher.

I could also see Barnes, Jaocbs or Swihart being one of the players.

vCash
    I think those guesses are about right. I can't wait to see where our farm ranks in a year's time. I bet we move into the top ten

Page 5 of 136 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast