Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stanford

    7 43.75%
  • Oklahoma State

    9 56.25%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 84
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Salem, Virginia
    Posts
    27,561

    Fiesta Bowl: #4 Stanford Cardinal vs #3 Oklahoma State Cowboys

    Code:
    #4 Stanford Cardinal (11-1) vs #3 Oklahoma State Cowboys (11-1) Location: University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Arizona Time: 8:30 PM EST TV: ESPN
    QB Comparison
    QB Rating Yards TD INT 167.5 3,170 35 9 Andrew Luck 159.2 4,328 34 12 Brandon Weeden
    RB Comparison
    Yards Att. YPC TDs 1,153 207 5.6 8 Stepfan Taylor 1,193 198 6.0 23 Joseph Randle
    Receiver Comparison
    Yards Rec AVG TDs 664 49 13.6 4 Griff Whalen 1,336 113 11.8 15 Justin Blackmon
    Defensive Leaders
    Tackles Sacks INTs Jarek Lancaster Chase Thomas Michael Thomas 63 8.5 3 Daytawion Lowe Jamie Blatnick Brodrick Brown 88 7.0 5
    More Stats

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    42,477
    I think Oklahoma State rolls in this one something like 45-24.


    Marcus Mariota

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,797
    I really think OSU is going to wreck Stanford. Should be a blowout but it's hard to bet against Luck. Go OSU, you guys should be in the championship!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boise State
    Posts
    4,856
    The winner of this one plays LSU for the championship (LSU already beat Bama), right?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    4,969
    I am thinking Stanford wins here. Oklahoma State is emotionally low right now because they know they should be playing in the BCS Title game. Stanford has been hearing all year about how they're overrated and not that good, this is a great motivator for them. Based on the emotional aspect, I'll go with Stanford. If this was a playoff game I'd go with Oklahoma State.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,260
    This should be a great game. Is Owusu done for the year or will he be back for this game?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    42,477
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    I am thinking Stanford wins here. Oklahoma State is emotionally low right now because they know they should be playing in the BCS Title game. Stanford has been hearing all year about how they're overrated and not that good, this is a great motivator for them. Based on the emotional aspect, I'll go with Stanford. If this was a playoff game I'd go with Oklahoma State.
    There are there are two ways to look at that frame of mind. They can be down for not getting to play for a national title or they can go in there to prove a point and take it out on Stanford. Also keep in mind this is the first ever BCS appearance for Oklahoma State. This isn't a team with countless national titles upset that they failed to get another one.


    Marcus Mariota

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's Bed
    Posts
    25,249
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    I am thinking Stanford wins here. Oklahoma State is emotionally low right now because they know they should be playing in the BCS Title game. Stanford has been hearing all year about how they're overrated and not that good, this is a great motivator for them. Based on the emotional aspect, I'll go with Stanford. If this was a playoff game I'd go with Oklahoma State.
    I follow almost every OSU player on twitter. All I've heard is they have a point to prove and their season is not over.

    I almost feel bad for Stanford. They have no clue what kind of buzzsaw they're walking into.

    It also didn't help having their coach vote Stanford 3rd and OSU 4th. More gasoline....

    As for my pick?

    OSU - 59
    Stan - 24

    I also have Luck throwing two picks and the team losing two fumbles which puts OSU #1 for TOs forced in a season.
    lr is cooler than you

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37,141
    I'm looking forward to this game. I think Stanford's run game keeps them in this, they average over 200 yards per game, and Oklahoma St. gives up more than 180 per game which is in the bottom half. Running the ball keeps Weeden and company off the field.

    Missouri ran all over Oklahoma State, but didn't have the QB to pull it off once they started stacking the box(Franklin threw 3 picks). Luck is a better QB and can burn Ok.St on the play action.

    Should be fun.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    71,702
    This should be a shootout. OK State is gonna be pissed and I fully expect OK State to win by a touchdown or 2.


    #1 Cole Wick Fan

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    360
    At least OSU is where they should be in the bowls. I expect them to show up like they did in Ames. The visit to Ames is the reason they play where they are. THey have shown that they have letdowns and are susceptible to a physical offense.

    I think we'll see defense like we did in OT in Ames. Alabama never gave up on a series this year. OSU did, that's whey the teams are where they are.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    4,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
    At least OSU is where they should be in the bowls. I expect them to show up like they did in Ames. The visit to Ames is the reason they play where they are. THey have shown that they have letdowns and are susceptible to a physical offense.

    I think we'll see defense like we did in OT in Ames. Alabama never gave up on a series this year. OSU did, that's whey the teams are where they are.
    Alabama's defense only faced 2 teams among the Top 60 in scoring all year, Oklahoma State only faced 2 teams not among the Top 60 in scoring, 4 of them among the Top 20 in scoring. It's a shame so many people are unaware of the actual facts.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    Alabama's defense only faced 2 teams among the Top 60 in scoring all year, Oklahoma State only faced 2 teams not among the Top 60 in scoring, 4 of them among the Top 20 in scoring. It's a shame so many people are unaware of the actual facts.
    what facts am I unaware of? I watched the games. I watched OSU lay down and give up in Ames in OT. I watched Alabama play hard all year and get the results it deserved.

    Interesting numbers but inflated due to the soft "Texas and the little 9" defenses. When a physical offense showed up, OSU got punched in the mouth and laid down. That was all I needed to see. I suspect its coming again in the Fiesta bowl

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    4,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
    what facts am I unaware of? I watched the games. I watched OSU lay down and give up in Ames in OT. I watched Alabama play hard all year and get the results it deserved.

    Interesting numbers but inflated due to the soft "Texas and the little 9" defenses. When a physical offense showed up, OSU got punched in the mouth and laid down. That was all I needed to see. I suspect its coming again in the Fiesta bowl
    Perhaps it's simply a lack of understanding what the facts mean? Alabama got a free pass with one of the easiest schedules in the country. Only 4 of the 12 teams they faced managed to win more than 5 games against FBS competition!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,508
    But...but SEC!
    I like Stanford(although all the Luck hype was too much to take this year), because I generally root for schools that aren't just their football program.
    But I really hope OK State sends a message that they are deserving in playing for the national championship.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •