vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    If it were me, I'd go...
    PG Magic Johnson
    SG Michael Jordan
    SF Lebron James
    PF Hakeem Olajuwon
    C Shaquille O'Neal

And, yes, I'd play Hakeem at PF, as he's more than capable of playing the position and athletic enough to dominate other PFs. The fact that everyone is ignoring Magic is an absolute disgrace.
    Though I'd probably put Bird in there instead of LeBron for some added spacing this is as about as good as it gets right here. Love Hakeem playing the PF quite honestly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Though I'd probably put Bird in there instead of LeBron for some added spacing this is as about as good as it gets right here. Love Hakeem playing the PF quite honestly.
    I considered Bird, Pippen and James, but having watched the Heat this year and how well the "Lebron dominates 99 percent of the game, allows Wade to hit the game winner" formula is working, I think that would only be exponentially better with a Jordan/James duo. You can argue that there's too much offense to go around here, but I think these guys are all the types of players who know when to dominate and when to give up shots for the sake of the team. I also considered Duncan, but went with Hakeem for his athleticism, defense and my own obvious homerism.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    first learn english second shut up thrid the first dream team
    How ironic.

[IMG][/IMG]

vCash
    I considered Bird, Pippen and James, but having watched the Heat this year and how well the "Lebron dominates 99 percent of the game, allows Wade to hit the game winner" formula is working, I think that would only be exponentially better with a Jordan/James duo. You can argue that there's too much offense to go around here, but I think these guys are all the types of players who know when to dominate and when to give up shots for the sake of the team. I also considered Duncan, but went with Hakeem for his athleticism, defense and my own obvious homerism.
    Makes sense but I don't think Jordan's ever going to be LeBron's Wade I do see your POV however.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by esb View Post
    PG - stockton
    SG - jordan
    SF - pipen
    PF - malon
    C - olajuwon

bench:

PG - penny (when healthy unstoppable)
    SG - r.allen or reggie
    SF - bird
    PF - bill russel
    C - shaq
    G/F - magic
    C/F - duncun

my starting 5 is like that for chemistry, very important for a team
    Yes I can beat that team in NBA 2K12! Cmon stop it, this isn't fantasy basketball...

vCash
    I'm surprised KnicksR4Real hasn't come in and said that Shumpert could guard Jordan.

vCash
    If it were me, I'd go...
    PG Magic Johnson
    SG Michael Jordan
    SF Lebron James
    PF Hakeem Olajuwon
    C Shaquille O'Neal

And, yes, I'd play Hakeem at PF, as he's more than capable of playing the position and athletic enough to dominate other PFs. The fact that everyone is ignoring Magic is an absolute disgrace.
    I like this team.Probably the biggest team in history.The shortest guy is MJ outside of magic the other 4 are probably is the most athletic or one of the most athletic guys in their respective positions.I wonder what kind of averages those five would have.
    I reckon
    Magic 15ppg-7rpg-12apg
    Jordan-27ppg-5rpg-5apg
    Lebron 23ppg-6rpg-6apg
    Hakeem-20ppg-11rpg-3apg
    Shaq-22ppg-11rpg-2apg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksR4Real View Post
    Not difficult, put all the best players there
    What best?

I don't want guys that led the league in scoring 5 times each, there is only one ball. So the guys have to be able to play w/o the ball, play D, and be able to sit on the bench if you are talking about 12 guys that will play a full schedule of games against other great teams. I'm talking peak year of each player BTW, and pre 1980 guys don't cut it due to athletic inferiority - or the weakness of the NBA in the 70's due to the ABA.

5/4: Hakeem, Walton, Duncan, KG, McHale
    3/2/1: Bird, Pippen, Magic, Jordan, Allen, Paul, Payton

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    let's see, without using ANY(except Reggie, assuming you pick RayRay and also assuming Malone = Karl) of the players you mentioned...

PG: Maurice Cheeks
    SG: Clyde Drexler
    SF: Julius Erving
    PF: Moses Malone
    C: Kareem Abdul-Jabar

bench:
    G Kevin Johnson
    G Reggie Miller
    SF Dominique Wilkins
    F Bobby Jones
    PF Charles Barkley
    C Patrick Ewing
    C David Robinson

I like this team's chances

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    let's see, without using ANY(except Reggie, assuming you pick RayRay and also assuming Malone = Karl) of the players you mentioned...

PG: Maurice Cheeks (he's great, and underrated)
    SG: Clyde Drexler (interesting and dangerous player)
    SF: Julius Erving (misstep IMO)
    PF: Moses Malone (not the most artful, but tough)
    C: Kareem Abdul-Jabar (got all the stats, and you have his Kryptonite in Moses, but, Walton messed up Jabbar head to head just fine too), a young Hakeem ran Jabbar out of the gym in his time.

bench:
    G Kevin Johnson (nice player, might not quite make it at this level)
    G Reggie Miller (no D)
    SF Dominique Wilkins (awful player, I'll put McHale on him and its all over. has no idea to play w/ others, he's a bullet to the heart/wa of your team)
    F Bobby Jones (he's terrific, offense is short)
    PF Charles Barkley (great O, meh D)
    C Patrick Ewing (Hakeem, Duncan or KG are better)
    C David Robinson (it was either him or Walton on my team), I like Walton's passing and overall court vision over Robinson, Robinson was a better face up offensive player).

I like this team's chances
    It's a good group, but IMO Erving, Miller, KJ, Wilkins, Jones are weak spots
    Last edited by bagwell368; 01-04-2012 at 12:54 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Hakeem and Ducnan were "ineligible". Forgot about McHale But what SF would you have used other than Bird? Could have used Jerry West at SG and Drexler at SF too...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Hakeem and Ducnan were "ineligible". Forgot about McHale But what SF would you have used other than Bird? Could have used Jerry West at SG and Drexler at SF too...
    Oops must have missed the rules....

vCash

Ewing

Quote Originally Posted by Jint. View Post
    Mookie Blaylock
    Kendall Gill
    Jerome Kersey
    Vin Baker
    Rik Smits

6th man: Chuck Person

Ahhh the rifleman off the bench- lethal!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ewing; 06-21-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12