Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orakpo0826 View Post
    http://www.csnwashington.com/footbal...18&feedID=6355

Not a huge deal or anything but didn't see it anywhere else so figured I post it.
    I wouldn't expect him to start anyway, I'd assume depth. Oh well. Like you said, not a huge deal

vCash
    no one's stock has fallen more than vontaze burfict...i feel bad for the guy.... he is a lil immature, but he put up with probably the worst coaching situation in CFB... now he will be lucky to go in the 4th and lots of analysts are saying he will be undrafted..

i dont care what the 40-time or combine says.. i know i am getting a nutcase, but if you can harness his agression and put some leadership around him, you can get a real good ILB... a 5th rounder is not a bad idea for the investment you are making...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skins&Phils View Post
    Has Stephenson stock really risen that much? I thought he was a 5-7th round guy still, either way I think we go OL in the 3rd....overall I like your mock, would swap out Poole or Robinson and look at a guy like OLB Codarro Law (athletic, instinctive player who models game off Lamar Woodley but scouts say he reminds them of James Harrison...always room for depth). Agree with your assessment of Leonard Johnson and James Michael-Johnson... I think Brandon Taylor gets overlooked b/c of the others in the LSU secondary, wouldnt mind him. Another Safety that Id look at is Sean Richardson from Vanderbilt (6'2 216...4.47 40). If Gettis could be had in the 7th, Im down....
    Thanks for the feedback. BUt yes Stephenson's stock has really been on the rise (3rd rounder on ESPN, and 3-4 on CBS), I never knew why he was rated so lowely to begin with. He played at a major program, is very athletic, and only surrendered one sack this past year. I think he'd be a great fit on the right side of our line. I'm a big fan of Poole. He does everything well, has great vision and is a more than capable third down back. I wouldn't mind adding a pass rusher tho can never have too many, I do like rob Jackson tho and we did draft Markus White last year. I think JMJ and Leonard Johnson would be great gets in the 4th, along with Taylor. I like Taylor cuz he's aconverted corner and I think he could fit at either FS or SS which is a big for me cuz we don't know who out of Gomes and Merriweather will actually pan out. He'd give us a capable backup at both positions.
    Advanced Statistics are for the birds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckyfreshhh View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. BUt yes Stephenson's stock has really been on the rise (3rd rounder on ESPN, and 3-4 on CBS), I never knew why he was rated so lowely to begin with. He played at a major program, is very athletic, and only surrendered one sack this past year. I think he'd be a great fit on the right side of our line. I'm a big fan of Poole. He does everything well, has great vision and is a more than capable third down back. I wouldn't mind adding a pass rusher tho can never have too many, I do like rob Jackson tho and we did draft Markus White last year. I think JMJ and Leonard Johnson would be great gets in the 4th, along with Taylor. I like Taylor cuz he's aconverted corner and I think he could fit at either FS or SS which is a big for me cuz we don't know who out of Gomes and Merriweather will actually pan out. He'd give us a capable backup at both positions.
    i would not mind anything you put on here, but this class happens to be loaded at 3 of our positions of need.... CB, OG, and RT... it would be ideal to pick 2 players that can come in and contribute right away..

we need an ILB and maybe even a FS, so we will have to pick one in the 3rd-5th round range....

that leaves little room for leasure... if we do make a value-pick, id much rather it be a WR seeing as it probably the deepest position in the whole draft....we can get a guy in the 4th-5th round like streeter, quick or jenkins that may end up developing similar to how victor cruz did...

OLB and pass-rush in general is by far the deepest part of our team. our guys dont have health concerns, and the backups are pretty darn good too....i would hate if we wasted a pick on a guy that will probably never play anything other than special teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    i would not mind anything you put on here, but this class happens to be loaded at 3 of our positions of need.... CB, OG, and RT... it would be ideal to pick 2 players that can come in and contribute right away..

we need an ILB and maybe even a FS, so we will have to pick one in the 3rd-5th round range....

that leaves little room for leasure... if we do make a value-pick, id much rather it be a WR seeing as it probably the deepest position in the whole draft....we can get a guy in the 4th-5th round like streeter, quick or jenkins that may end up developing similar to how victor cruz did...

OLB and pass-rush in general is by far the deepest part of our team. our guys dont have health concerns, and the backups are pretty darn good too....i would hate if we wasted a pick on a guy that will probably never play anything other than special teams
    I think Stephenson could contribute right away and I think Lenoard Johnson will turn some heads and at least win our nickel job. We found a capable OG in the 7th last year in Hurt I think we can do it again this year. Gettis or Garner either one could be there in the 7th and could contribute early or at least provide depth.

I agree at WR in the 4th or 5th If a guy they really like is there we could see a WR. I just think with the additons already made to the WR position we could address our secondary and RT situation.

vCash
    Another thing to consider is the rehab of J.Brown. He's been working out and rehabbing at redskins park so if they feel like he's progressing and he'll be healthy enough maybe we push back finding his replacement another year and sure up our secondary. Then we could definitely see a value pick of a WR.

We also just signed that OT Lee from the Buccs. Just a depth move but gives us a little more flexibility on draft day.
    Last edited by stuckyfreshhh; 04-10-2012 at 01:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckyfreshhh View Post
    Another thing to consider is the rehab of J.Brown. He's been working out and rehabbing at redskins park so if they feel like he's progressing and he'll be healthy enough maybe we push back finding his replacement another year and sure up our secondary. Then we could definitely see a value pick of a WR.

We also just signed that OT Lee from the Buccs. Just a depth move but gives us a little more flexibility on draft day.
    honestly, and i've been saying this since the end of the season, if you ask me, we have our future RT... Brown is reportedly healthier than he's ever been, has this year to prove if he can stay healthy.

Willie smith outplayed anyone's expectations At LT going up against guys like jarred allen, Pierre paul, and the eagles DL.... if thats not baptism by fire, than idk what is... no one you get in the 3rd or later will do better.... i think he is the future RT and mike shanahan has raved about him on numerous occasions...

as for OG, kory is getting healthy, chester is the RG for now....hurt could end up surprising everyone and stealing one of their starting spots..

MY ideal draft would be
    1. RG3
    3. CB
    4. FS (brandon taylor would be PERFECT)
    4.WR
    5. ILB
    6. TE
    7. OL/RB

everyone will crucify me and will say why dont you have an OL picked until the 7th....but we have a LT....i firmly believe we have our future RT in smith regardless of brown's health..... and shanahan has proved he make great interior OL out of late-round picks.....

Trent, hurt, monty, chester, brown is a good lineup... smith, lichtensteiger, and polymbus and great depth

vCash
    great offensive lines are the ones that stay healthy and play together for a long time.... having high-draftpicks or big names wont guarantee you anything.....especially when you are going up the defensive lines of the nfc east.....

suprisingly enough, our starting OL for over a decade now has had new pieces every 4-5 games..... i cant remember the last time we had a full starting 5 or even 4 linemen play together a whole season.......

we had success with hurt, smith, and polymbus as starters when they started playing together for a while.... if we draft a guy high, we would almost have to plug and play him right away, and that would be another adjustment we have to make.....

that being said, i would not view a third, 4th, or even multiple picks on OL as bad....you can never have enough good OL

vCash
    Redskins agreed to terms with S Madieu Williams, formerly of the 49ers.

Redskins agreed to terms with CB Leigh Torrence.

roto...not bad depth signings....

vCash
    Just giving us even more flexibility I think you could see us just take the BPA in a position of need.

vCash
    anyone interested in Yeremiah Bell? I think he could solve our issues at FS Merriweather and Bell wouldnt be a bad combo. With Gomes rotating in

vCash
    Owner Jim Irsay strongly hinted Tuesday the Colts will select Stanford QB Andrew Luck with the No. 1 pick.
    "Met with A Luck#12 n Indy 2day for 3 hrs;it's easy 2c why the #1 pick n this Stanford phenom has been synonymous with each other 4over 2 yrs," Irsay tweeted in his own distinctive style. Luck will reportedly meet with the Redskins Tuesday evening, but it's a pure formality. He will be the No. 1 pick.

rotoworld

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skinsfan900 View Post
    Owner Jim Irsay strongly hinted Tuesday the Colts will select Stanford QB Andrew Luck with the No. 1 pick.
    "Met with A Luck#12 n Indy 2day for 3 hrs;it's easy 2c why the #1 pick n this Stanford phenom has been synonymous with each other 4over 2 yrs," Irsay tweeted in his own distinctive style. Luck will reportedly meet with the Redskins Tuesday evening, but it's a pure formality. He will be the No. 1 pick.

rotoworld
    it really does not matter who indy picks....this is the easiest pick in history...we are guaranteed a franchise QB regardless.....one who will be a top 5 Qb in a few years.....

Luck, RG3, Cam, and rodgers will be the future of the nfl at the QB position....mobile QBs that can absolutely dissect and rip apart a defense multiple ways....

i cant imagine how strong this draft would have been if barkley and jones came out.....

but this will give RG3 a chip on his shoulder and lots of motivation.....i love it....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman21 View Post
    anyone interested in Yeremiah Bell? I think he could solve our issues at FS Merriweather and Bell wouldnt be a bad combo. With Gomes rotating in
    IMO we should pass, he's 34, with his better years behind him...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skins&Phils View Post
    IMO we should pass, he's 34, with his better years behind him...
    I dont know why i thought Bell was in his mid 20's. Yea, now that i know hes 34, i would stay away as well

Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast