Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Shawn Zobel ‏ @ShawnZobel_DHQ
    I've been told that the Washington Redskins intend to make Vincent Jackson the richest receiver in the NFL tomorrow
    https://twitter.com/#!/ShawnZobel_DHQ

Don't know how credible this guy is, but I'm not a fan of this at all, if it does indeed happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kbaxter34 View Post
    They saved about 11mil by cutting Sellers and Atogwe over the next 2 years, only 25mil more to make up. Cut or trading Cooley will save 12mil, cutting Moss will save another 11mil and all you have left is 2 mil. We only have 81mil on the books next year when the salary cap is suppose to go up significantly so we are not in bad shape.
    we should cut cooley and moss. cooley has been hurt and moss is on a decline. so the redskins deffered to have the cap hit next season?

vCash
    god i hope its just a smokescreen to drive his value up.... we saw the same thing 2 years ago with julius peppers and last year with santonio holmes....i just worry this might actually be true given shanahan's infatuation with vincent jackson.......

to me, he is worth no more than 9 mill per year....if he signs a deal like that, i will suck it up and support the move, but i cannot even say i think that much of him.......he has NEVER caught more than 68 catches...he puts up mediocre numbers despite his ridiculous talent and the juggernaut offense he plays in......he is almost 30 and will want a lucrative long deal with lots of upfront and guaranteed money......

dont do it shanny.... stick to doing what you do best....drafting steals in the 3rd-5th round

vCash
    The Texas just released their right tackle. I dot see how we don't go after him and cut brown. Knows the system and he's really good. Also I think we could trade Cooley for a fourth rounder with the lack of te talent in te draft

vCash
    Is there any way we could package players together instead of cutting them and get a high draft pick to draft a TRUE #1 Wr

Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd, Kendall Wright, Alshon Jeffery , Stephen Hill all who could be #1 Wr. I would love to be able move back up in the draft and get Kendall Wright to go with RG3 I mean Wright was his fav target in college

We have moss, gaffney, armstong, banks and cooley, any wat we can pacakge any of them to move up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skinsfan2847 View Post
    Is there any way we could package players together instead of cutting them and get a high draft pick to draft a TRUE #1 Wr

Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd, Kendall Wright, Alshon Jeffery , Stephen Hill all who could be #1 Wr. I would love to be able move back up in the draft and get Kendall Wright to go with RG3 I mean Wright was his fav target in college

We have moss, gaffney, armstong, banks and cooley, any wat we can pacakge any of them to move up?
    No, we would never get a 1st rounder offering any of those guys....plus we have some other holes to fill...

vCash
    None of those guys, including Cooley, gets you better than a 4th....if that. Some of them wouldn't get you anything.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    None of those guys, including Cooley, gets you better than a 4th....if that. Some of them wouldn't get you anything.
    Possibly some used footballs, a kicking tee, or maybe a Gatorade cooler...but that is it!!!

vCash
    we are fine the way we are now....hankerson, moss, garcon, and morgan will be a very good rotation... and we will get a guy in the 4th-5th round...i would not even be suprised if we drafted streeter in the 3rd round....

the roster is shaping up pretty darn good.... we still have 6 draftpicks in addition to RG3 to fill the needs we have....

my perfect draft would be
    1. RG3
    3. ILB, Burfict, James michael johnson, Mychal Kendricks or lavonte david (plug and play since fletcher is tripping)
    4. TE, Ladarius green
    4. OT, Nate potter or andrew Datko
    5. CB, Cliff Harris
    6. WR, Jarius wright
    7. RB

vCash
    This draft class has no te prospects coming out in it Cooley may havesometrade value

vCash
    i dont care how weak a draft-class is at the TE position (which by the way is not), you are not going to get squat for cooley...

there is lots of potential in the mid-late rounds at the TE position....ladaruis green, michael agnew....huge targets that can develop into offensive nightmares..

vCash
    Teams will never trade for a guy we are going to cut anyways. Why would they give up anything, when they can just wait till we cut a guy and then sign him. Cooley has zero trade value at this point. Moss and Gaffney same thing, zero value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by portislee26 View Post
    Teams will never trade for a guy we are going to cut anyways. Why would they give up anything, when they can just wait till we cut a guy and then sign him. Cooley has zero trade value at this point. Moss and Gaffney same thing, zero value.
    Not saying your wrong on their trade value, especially Moss or Gaffney...but I do remember people saying the same thing about McNabb and Fatsworth. Not saying we got great picks, but we did get something for 2 guys that got cut by the teams who signed them.

Someone may give up a late round pick for Cooley. But if he's truly healthy and will to restructure his contract I'd rather keep him. If we release or trade I'd be ok as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    i dont care how weak a draft-class is at the TE position (which by the way is not), you are not going to get squat for cooley...

there is lots of potential in the mid-late rounds at the TE position....ladaruis green, michael agnew....huge targets that can develop into offensive nightmares..
    Idk I fell like this TE class is pretty weak. Coby Fleener is definitely the prize of the class and he doesn't really offer anything as a blocker. If a team is looking for a more traditional TE they could have some interest in Cooley, look how much interest Carlson generated.
    Advanced Statistics are for the birds

vCash
    updated after FA, our needs are now ILB, FS, OG, CB....
    I think the RT position in shanny's eyes is manned...willie smith showed a lot of promise... i think shanny is keeping brown to see if gets healthy long enough for his replacement to be ready.
    The OL is mostly set... if corey is fully healed, then great, we dont need a LG..if not, hurt did improve and should continue to improve enough to be a starter.. the LT, center, and RG position are set.. we have some pretty reliable guys for depth in Smith, Hurt, and Polymbus....

its crazy how FA showed how thin we really are at the secoundary... we have 2 maybe 3 reliable guys in Wilson, Hall, and Gomes. we can get by with barnes as the nickle, everyone else is not even worth mentioning.. we need to upgrade it....

Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast