Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    #1 might make 2-14 impossible . Whatever it takes....sometimes is quite expensive.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    yeah, we are not going to come out of this offseason with everything adressed..no team ever does... if we sign nicks, its going to be hard to add more quality FA's.. if we draft an ILB in the 2nd or 3rd, then how are we going to get our #1 WR or that starting CB...we will have to sacrifice.. good thing is, we have a full draft plus an extra 4th and 6th..we could pick a guy like travis lewis, kevin reddick, or miles burris in the 3rd-4th round and they would contribute right away on ST and when fletch hangs them up, the would start and be dominant..
    i just have a feeling the only OL upgrades we'll be doing is in the 6th-7th round... we have talent and for once they are actually producing and improving.. no one expected this much from hurt, will, and Willie.. i think we let them progress and they will be great starters..
    i just want us to get a big TE in the 4th-5th round...ladarius green or someone of a similar build...they would need development on blocking but they would come in and give big numbers on the receiving end day one..davis just isnt enough..cooley might be done, and having a guy that could develop into our jimmy grahm isnt a bad thing.

this would do it.(assuming we dont give up our whole draft for a QB)
    1. QB
    2. CB(or WR)
    3.WR(or cb)
    4. LB
    4.WR
    5.TE
    6.OL
    6.DL
    7.RB

FA:
    fletcher
    laundry
    OL

vCash
    well whats funny is shanny might draft a qb that we all dont even expect.. foles, cousins, manuel, davis, or lindley... you never know.. everyone knows shanny would love to have luck seeing as how he won 2 super-bowls with a similar elway, but you never know...
    this could be a high possibility because the price just might be too much for us and would set us back too much..
    i still prefer luck, griffen, tannehill, and jones in that order, but what if it is not possible???trading back could be a possibility, but i just cant stand the possibility of Rex starting another game,

vCash
    who ever shanny drafts we wont like but he will turn out good just like karrigan or williams

vCash
    ASHBURN, Va. -- This is the 16th year in a row in which at least five teams will make the NFL playoffs that didn't make it the year before. That's enough of a trend to make you think it'll happen again next year. And head coach Mike Shanahan says he believes his Washington Redskins are in a position to be one of next year's five.

"Yeah, I think we are," Shanahan told me in an interview Friday in his office at the Redskins' training facility. "We've got to be a little lucky with injuries, because we don't have depth. But we'll have a lot more depth next year than we did this year. And I think we had a chance this year if we'd stayed healthy."

Shanahan gave me a lot of time Friday and addressed a wide variety of topics. I was able to incorporate into the interview several of the questions you guys sent me in the mailbag, and my hope is to fill you in on the Shanahan interview as completely as possible in several different posts over the coming days. So here are a couple of your questions and what Shanahan had to say in response:

Kent Senter of Falls Church, Va., wanted to know why Shanahan has been preaching that the Redskins' rebuilding project must take time while a coach like Jim Harbaugh can come in and turn the San Francisco 49ers around in one year.

[+] EnlargeRobert Mayer/US Presswire
    Mike Shanahan intends to stick with the plan of building the Redskins through the draft.Mike Shanahan: We had dealt a lot through free agency and not the draft. San Francisco did a great job through the draft, they did a great job with their organization. If you take a look at the players that they have playing for them over the last three or four years, take a look at their draft choices and the free agents that they did acquire, they had some pretty good picks. Here, they'd traded away a lot of the draft choices. I think everybody knows that -- the history of the Redskins and draft choices. But we talked about, when I came here, that with the salary cap you've got to build through the draft. You just can't keep on signing high-priced free agents, because there's no way you can develop the depth. And so we had to change philosophies and we've done that and hopefully it pays dividends.

Greg Martin of Freehold, N.J., says he's on board with Shanahan's change of philosophy and believes it has paid dividends. Greg wanted to know if this year's Redskins draft strategy would be similar to last year's, when Washington traded down and amassed more picks, or if they'd consider trading "multiple current or future picks for one player, QB or otherwise."

MS: You just never know. If anybody says they know the draft ... It takes one person before you, one person after you... You never know what somebody wants to get a deal done. I don't know [if I can trade up] because I really don't know what the value is. I mean, are you looking at three No. 1s? Three No. 2s? And who's the guy? Is it the first pick? Is it the second or third? How bad does that team want to move out of there? You just don't know.

I followed up with a question about the reports and speculation that it could take three No. 1 picks to trade up to the No. 1 spot and take Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck and asked if he considered that realistic or sensible. He responded with a comparison to the 2002 deal in which the Oakland Raiders got two first-round picks, two second-round picks and cash from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in exchange for head coach Jon Gruden.

MS: I told Jon, 'No offense, but you're not worth that much! And don't go to the place where they're giving up the two No. 1s for you.' I mean, it just handcuffs you.

Finally, I asked if he thought his team was close enough to contending that he could afford to give away a big trove of draft picks for one player he really wanted.

MS: No. In fact that's why, when we went from 10 to 16 [in last year's draft] and we were able to get that extra second-rounder from Jacksonville, we were able to parlay that where we got [Leonard] Hankerson, we got [Roy] Helu and we got [DeJon] Gomes. So by going from 10 to 16, not only did we get Jarvis Jenkins, but we were able to get those three players. And those are three starters for us.

Much more to come, as I said, in the coming days. But hopefully this is good stuff for you guys to chew on for a bit. Thanks for your help with the interview.

espn.com

I doubt we trade up

vCash
    yeah, he is not going to reveal anything about his intentions.. shanahan is very secretive and throws a lot of smokescreens when it comes to the draft.. nobody had a clue when he drafted kerrigan, helu, cutler, and marshall... believe me, he WILL inquire about going up for luck, question is How much is he willing to give up? and remember, we have 9 picks this year, so if we give up 3 or 4 plus some from next year, we still have 6 picks.... that's a full draft... and he is great at getting talent in every round..

vCash
    we have to many holes to give up alot and he knows that

vCash
    i think its about asking a reasonable price.. the word on the street is an INSANE 3 1st rounders plus 2 2nd rounders..that is beyond crazy, but i think its just used for bargaining leverage.. what i believe we'll see is the 1st round switch, a main player like trent or laron, a 2nd and 4th rounder....which is still a lot, but not as ridiculous...
    what gives us hope is that the rams already have LONG and QUINN so they would not ask for orakpo or kerrigan...as far as i am concerned, they are the only players i would be reluctant to trade..

vCash
    jeff fuller was beast today..he probably will be there for us in the 4th round if we were to hold off on WR and adress other needs..he was once considered the best WR prospect in the 2012 class over a year ago...inconsistencies killed his stock as you can see..

imo, unless a guy like floyd or wright drops to us in the 2nd, we should definitly hold off until the 3rd-5th round and get a guy like tommy streeter, jeff fuller, or ryan broyles and target a guy like eddie royal in FA..this would signifacntly improve our offense..

everyone is also forgetting that half of our offense is on IR.. once we get cooley, hightower, hankerson, corey, davis, and trent back, we will have a much better offense already... it still needs an influx of youth and explosion thou

vCash
    I loved Kris Burd from Virginia at WR........not sure how high he will go.The guy gets open...even when you know the ball is going his way. Great hands too.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    Adam Schefter said today on NFL Live that even if the Colts don't end up with the #1 pick that they still are interested in a QB and that they're high on RGIII.
    Advanced Statistics are for the birds

vCash
    Thoughts on dwight Jones from unc? The only real knock on this kid is he's not asked to run a lot of routes so IMO thats not even a negative as much as an unknown. His take off speed isn't stellar but once he stretches It out he is off to the races. Add his 6'4'' 225 frame and hankerson would be sick opposite each other. Then We can put moss Where he belongs In the slot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbro24warrenco View Post
    Thoughts on dwight Jones from unc? The only real knock on this kid is he's not asked to run a lot of routes so IMO thats not even a negative as much as an unknown. His take off speed isn't stellar but once he stretches It out he is off to the races. Add his 6'4'' 225 frame and hankerson would be sick opposite each other. Then We can put moss Where he belongs In the slot.
    Big fan of Jones. He's huge, basketball background, good top end speed. I think he has all the tools to be a #1. I think we should look at him in the 2nd and I'd love to land him in the 3rd.

vCash
    As bad as it was to loose Carlos Rgoers, since he made the probowl I think we'll get a 3rd round comp pick. So we probably have a end of the 3rd round pick to work with.

1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7 looks pretty good!

vCash
    Wouldn't the loss of Carlos be offset by the gain of Bowen, Cofield and Atogwe? I am not real sure about compensatory picks but I believe it has a lot to do with who you lost compared to who you gain. I'm not sure if we would even get a pick for losing Carlos, maybe a late rounder, 7th maybe.

Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast