Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    I do not want Tannehill unless its in the 4th or later, TBH. I'd much rather us trade up for Griffin or stay put and draft the BPA. I'd probably offer our 1st and 2nd this year and a 2nd or 3rd next year to the Rams. If someone wants to trade up and get Richardson or something, then I'd consider that as well, as long as we're getting something good in return.
    Youd love this then. Walterfootball has Tannehill going 6th to us in the 1st round in his latest mock. Thats just absurd

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

vCash
    More from Kiper

The Redskins currently hold the sixth overall pick, but Kiper believes that the team will have a tough time getting a much-needed franchise quarterback at that pick. Stanford’s Andrew Luck is a shoo-in for the first pick, and Kiper believes Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III will go anywhere from second to fourth.

Unless the Redskins are able to trade up to get Griffin before Cleveland (the next QB-needy team after Indianapolis), Kiper predicts that Mike Shanahan & Co. would draft for need and take LSU’s Morris Claiborne.

“There’s no other quarterback after [Griffin] to even consider in the early to mid first round, or even the late first as well. I don’t see a quarterback figuring in there,” Kiper said. “Claiborne, to me, it’s a need area. It’s a kid that has a high grade. [Oklahoma State receiver Justin] Blackmon I think will be gone by then. ... I’d put Claiborne there because other guys I was considering [for Washington], I feel will be off the board.”
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...html#pagebreak

vCash
    he has us actually trading back...but he was forced to make the pick tannehill..if you read the pick, he says Cincy would move up to get Richardson..
    if we cant get griffen, i want us to move back. teams will be blowing up our phones trying to get trent or martin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    he has us actually trading back...but he was forced to make the pick tannehill..if you read the pick, he says Cincy would move up to get Richardson..
    if we cant get griffen, i want us to move back. teams will be blowing up our phones trying to get trent or martin
    Yeah i read the pick but if he doesn't think we take Tannehill then why waste the time and put him there. I don't even think Tannehill is a 2nd round pick let alone 6th overall. He would of been better off having us take Trent Richardson, Riley Reiff, or even Michael Floyd over Tannehill and then explain his reasoning. at least the other picks actually make sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kbaxter34 View Post
    Yeah i read the pick but if he doesn't think we take Tannehill then why waste the time and put him there. I don't even think Tannehill is a 2nd round pick let alone 6th overall. He would of been better off having us take Trent Richardson, Riley Reiff, or even Michael Floyd over Tannehill and then explain his reasoning. at least the other picks actually make sense.
    he's trying to project the trade, but really didnt put the trade there...doesnt make sense.. i think tannehill is a decent qb but need a lot of work...2nd round is a great fit, but idk if we can justify picking him with a top 15 pick...id rather have flynn in that case...

when you think about it, richardson will have a great career barring injury, but i think we have more pressing issues... we already have helu and royster, so i think in the situation we cant get RG3, we trade back..
    aquiring an extra 1st or 2nd rounder would not hurt at all.... this draft is loaded, by trading back, we could get 3 starters in the 1st 2 rounds...

idk, all that sounds good, but i would rather have RG3

vCash
    Youd love this then. Walterfootball has Tannehill going 6th to us in the 1st round in his latest mock. Thats just absurd

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php
    I saw that earlier. I'd puke.
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

vCash
    id trade back with cincy for there 2 1st rounders and a 4th then you grab tannehill with the first one

vCash
    yeah, that would be great...
    its crazy thou... a few months ago, nobody had Rg3 in the top 10 of their big boards, now he's #3 on espn.com behind luck and kalil... i just dont know, if we have a chance to get RG3 at a reasonable price, how we can pass up on him..its not going to be cheap, but i dont see it being ridiculously expensive...pay a 2013 1st rounder at the most....i think he is worth it...
    his ability is ridiculous and everyone agrees, he will be a star in the league for years to come

vCash
    If it goes Luck-RG3-Kalil-Blackmon-Claiborne....then Id trade the #6 to Cincy for #17, a 3rd OR 4th round pick, and the Bengals 1st round pick next year(id take a chance that Cincy will not be a playoff team---maybe a Tampa Bay like drop off, you never know). That would set us up with 2 first round picks next year with a solid QB class and it will give us the ammo to move up into an ideal position!!! I know that does make the 2012 season look promising but it may just be the way to go...
    Last edited by Skins&Phils; 01-19-2012 at 09:22 PM.

vCash
    Citing sources inside the organization, ESPN 980 Washington's Chris Russell reports the Redskins are "very interested" in free agent QB Matt Flynn.
    ESPN's Mel Kiper told reporters earlier in the day that "grapevine" talk suggested the Redskins didn't have a high opinion of Flynn. Russell knows "for sure," though, that coach Mike Shanahan and OC Kyle Shanahan had a "detailed conversation" two weeks ago on Flynn's six-touchdown, 480-yard performance against the Lions in the regular season finale. Whereas Charley Casserly suggested Flynn wouldn't be a good fit for the Redskins offense, one team source tells Russell the two systems are "almost the same."

rotoworld

vCash
    This too......

Packers want to extend Finley, not franchise

The player rep for Jermichael Finley said Thursday that the Packers would prefer to sign the free agent to a long-term contract rather than apply the franchise tag.
    "We've been speaking and they've made it clear they would like him to be back there," said the agent, "and Jermichael's made it clear he would like to be back there." Finley and his agent plan to push for the wide receiver franchise tag if they can't reach agreement on an extension. Coach Mike McCarthy acknowledged this week that Finley plays three receiver positions in addition to tight end. A long-term deal would open the franchise tag for Matt Flynn.
    Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    http://www.csnwashington.com/blog/re...6&feedID=10316

here's a bit of good news. I agree with the article. A lot of things can change but the browns beat writer saying they won't trade up to get rg3 because of so many holes makes sense, I'll take the beat writer 's opinion who is close to the team rather then the expert mock drafters who have cleveland trading up. Just a glimmer of hope if this is true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    This too......

Packers want to extend Finley, not franchise

The player rep for Jermichael Finley said Thursday that the Packers would prefer to sign the free agent to a long-term contract rather than apply the franchise tag.
    "We've been speaking and they've made it clear they would like him to be back there," said the agent, "and Jermichael's made it clear he would like to be back there." Finley and his agent plan to push for the wide receiver franchise tag if they can't reach agreement on an extension. Coach Mike McCarthy acknowledged this week that Finley plays three receiver positions in addition to tight end. A long-term deal would open the franchise tag for Matt Flynn.
    Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette
    if flynn is tagged i wouldnt trade for him id only want him if he is free its not worth trading for him with a price of 14mil

vCash
    A not so good scouting report on RG3. Compares him to Andre Ware. Ouch.

Strengths: Griffin is an exceptional athlete who possesses improving instincts as a passer. He has an effortless release and launches the deep ball with accuracy and touch as well as any quarterback in the country. He's improved his presence and feel for the rush in the pocket. He uses his quick feet and superior athleticism to escape pressure and make something out of nothing. He's most dangerous out of the pocket and keeps defenses off balance with his unique running skills. On the perimeter, he has an uncanny ability to observe the opposition and deliver an accurate, timely pass to his receivers. He's electric in space and embraces the physical aspects of the game. He's an outstanding leader, possesses a charismatic personality and is a highly intelligent individual.

Weaknesses: While Griffin's ability and numbers are off the charts, his mechanics and freelance style of play will cause him problems at the next level. He features an unorthodox delivery (three-quarters), and has problems making consistent reads from the pocket, which is why he prefers to be on the move where his throwing flaws are masked. He must improve his footwork and patience in the pocket. He’s a reactionary signal caller and although he’s improved his awareness in the pocket, there are instances where he reverts back to what he does best and will look to run before making the correct read in the passing game. He must learn to slide properly when approaching traffic in the open field. He doesn’t possess the size that can withstand the constant punishment he will endure in the NFL; it will create durability concerns. He suffered a torn ACL to his right knee during the 2009 season.
    http://chrissteuber.com/robertgriffin.html

vCash
    A not so good scouting report on RG3. Compares him to Andre Ware. Ouch.

http://chrissteuber.com/robertgriffin.html
    This is what I said like 5 days ago and everyone thought I was crazy. Griffin has his flaws, just like any other prospect, but no one wants to seem to acknowledge them. I still think there's a decent chance he falls to 6.
    Advanced Statistics are for the birds

Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast