Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJrockPD View Post
    I agree with most of you saying this kid is a rare talent. How many Qb's can run a 4.4, and more importantly how many mobile QBs have a pass first mentality. I keep hearing he is undersized but 6'2" is plenty tall enough to see over the O-Line, I was expecting 5'10" when I heard all the talk about it. With that being said if it's anything more than 2 firsts I think the asking price is way too high. Widow keeps talking about Cam, but your forgetting that Carolina had a lot of weapons and was a playoff caliber team two seasons ago. We need weapons and if we give away 3 or 4 early picks for RG3 how are we supposed to give him the players he needs to be successful in the future?
    Carolina, before they got Cam, did not have the talent we have..all they had was a disgruntled steve smith and 2 RB's......we have 2 RB's, moss, davis, cooley, gaffney, hankerson, a decent OL, and most of all(which carolina does not have) a good defense.. by no means do we have a loaded receiving core but Cam is the reason for the offensive explosion..NO ONE else... Carolina does not have a talented roster.. we could easily add a marques colsten or vincent jackson in FA and would have much more weapons than they do.. the arguement does not hold up... if you watched the skins at all this yea, you would come up with the conclusion that the main missing element is QB..
    if you disagree, read some articles..Roto, Bleacherreport, Walterfootball, mel kiper, Todd mcshay...they all say the QB play is the main element missing... playmakers at WR are abundant in FA..so thats not a problem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orakpo0826 View Post
    ^ just putting my 2 cents in but there is no way you can compare him to Michael Vick in terms of being injury prone. Vick was always a dumb qb who took hits instead of sliding or going out of bounds. Griffin has already showed in the college level that he wont take stupid hits because he doesnt know how to slide like Vick. RG3 is also not a run 1st qb like Vick was in college and coming out. You say Cam is a different animal but I say RG3 could be in a league by himself in regards to comparing him to vick and newton. Vick and Newton had their off the field issues and were not and still are not fundamentally sound as RG3 in regards to throwing the football. Griffin may not be as atheltic as they are, but he's pretty close and more then makes up for it with being the smartest football and non football person of the 3. If its this year and next years 1 to get him then by all means do it. Shanny wont give up draft picks to get the sexy name. If he gives up 2 1's for him its cause he thinks hes worth it and i wont complain one bit.
    Why can't you compare Vick and Griffin in terms of durability? They both have similar builds and tendency to run the ball, in fact Griffin actually runs the ball more than Vick did at VT. I'm not trying to bash him by any means. But he's a slender built running QB. Look how thins his legs are and tell me you think he can run at the NFL level. CAm is 100% a different animal physically. He can take the punishment that comes with running against NFL D's, he's 6'5 250, he's built like a DE, who runs a 4.5. I've never seen Griffin slide, granted I haven't watched him a ton. I see him run, some times duck out of bounds, but I see him get almost everytime he runs. I'm just saying I think theres a pretty decent chance of him having durabilty issues a the next level.

While I'm at it. This guy is not as pro ready, and as great of a passer as a lot of you guys make him out to be. Again, I think he's a very good QB, he's really smart, he's accurate, puts fabulous touch on deep balls, has a good arm. But can we play devils advocate, take the rose colored glasses off for a minute. He plays in a spread O in a weak defensive conference. I'm mean everybody torches the big 12, and that's not take away anything he did this year, it's just a grain of salt. (Graham Harrall threw for over 5,000 yards twice!!) A lot of his throws are guys running free and he has a top WR talent in Kendall Wright. Defenses also have to respect his ability to run so much that it opens things up in the passing game.

Again I like Griffin, I 100% want him if he falls to 6. I just don't think he's as slam dunk as some many people think and wanted to play devil advocate.
    Advanced Statistics are for the birds

vCash
    Cam did it in the SEC, not the watered down Big12, and didn't have a top WR prospect.
    Advanced Statistics are for the birds

vCash
    your arguement doesnt hold up yet again....texas, texas a&m, Oklahoma, Oklahoma ST are not watered down by any means... they were all ranked in the top 25..luck plays in a division weaker than RG3's... half of the nfl franchise QBs played in less than dominant conferances.. RG3 is good because he is already a proven ELITE passer.. 73% completion rate and an 11 ypa average... pretty good..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    Carolina, before they got Cam, did not have the talent we have..all they had was a disgruntled steve smith and 2 RB's......we have 2 RB's, moss, davis, cooley, gaffney, hankerson, a decent OL, and most of all(which carolina does not have) a good defense.. by no means do we have a loaded receiving core but Cam is the reason for the offensive explosion..NO ONE else... Carolina does not have a talented roster.. we could easily add a marques colsten or vincent jackson in FA and would have much more weapons than they do.. the arguement does not hold up... if you watched the skins at all this yea, you would come up with the conclusion that the main missing element is QB..
    if you disagree, read some articles..Roto, Bleacherreport, Walterfootball, mel kiper, Todd mcshay...they all say the QB play is the main element missing... playmakers at WR are abundant in FA..so thats not a problem
    Are you serious. Steve Smith is definitely a level above S. Moss and D. Williams and Jonathan Stewart are both 1,000+ yard rushers. They are a much bigger threat than two rookies. Don't get me wrong Helu and Royster looked great this season, but thats like saying helu is better than Chris Johnson after one season in the NFL.

Ryan Kalil, Jordan Gross they definitely have some talent on the O-line.

A lot of young talent on defense, and a lot of injuries just like us. I'm not saying Cam isn't a great talent I'm just saying no one can do it on their own. Even if we don't have a ton more talent on offense you have to remember you are blowing Cam and he still only won 6 games, it's not like he brought the Panthers to the playoffs. The difference is they might be able to draft some weapons for Cam in the draft this year and we won't be able to do that if we decide to trade the farm for RG3.

My Mock v 1.1
    51st (Second Round) - Amerson CB/FS
    85th (third round) - Bacarri Rambo FS
    119th (fourth) - David Quessenberry, OT/OG
    154th (fifth) - Cornelius Washington, DE/ OLB
    162nd (fifth) - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS
    191st (sixth) - Nick Kasa, TE
    228th (seventh) - Rodney Smith, WR

vCash
    i hope we add a guy like LaMichael James.. we need a new kick-returner and some explosion on this team... james is a kick-returner, a pretty good RB between the tackles, and a great Receiver out of the backfield...he would be like darren sproles and will probably be there for us in the 3rd round

vCash
    I would like to add a guy like James....I feel we have some other needs and the 3rd round will still offer alot of talent. Maybe Rainey or Demps from Florida in the 5th-7th rounds!

vCash
    As per Adam Shefter, the Saint will not be bringing back LG Carl Nicks....Rated out as the #2 guard in the league.....he will receive a huge contract....should we? Lichtensteiger knee is a huge question mark and to have Williams-Nicks-Montgomery, that is real solid left side. I would let RT Jamal Brown go, his 5 year deal was team friendly to seperate after a year and i would and use that money towards Nicks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skins&Phils View Post
    As per Adam Shefter, the Saint will not be bringing back LG Carl Nicks....Rated out as the #2 guard in the league.....he will receive a huge contract....should we? Lichtensteiger knee is a huge question mark and to have Williams-Nicks-Montgomery, that is real solid left side. I would let RT Jamal Brown go, his 5 year deal was team friendly to seperate after a year and i would and use that money towards Nicks.
    brees, meachum, colsten, nicks, and porter are all set to become fa's..they gotta get brees back and they have to franchise somebody(if its not brees)..they will lose 3 of these guys..they cannot afford to have 2 max-salary guards.
    if i had to chose, i would pick colsten over nicks... he will be a lot cheaper.. nicks would be a great addition, but i dont think it would be smart.. we still have to retain guys like fletcher and landry... we used a lot of our cap room last year.by releasing players, we should create just enough to resign our guys and maybe one or 2 decent aquisitions.. nicks will look to be the highest paid guard in the nfl

vCash
    colsten wants a deal like what holmes got from the jets

vCash
    Colston also has a degenerative knee condition.....i like him (the bad knees scare me) but id rather have Nicks and a guy like Laurent Robinson (not a stud but shows potential, and will be reasonable).

vCash
    Citing league sources, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Packers are "unlikely" to place the franchise tag on impending free agent Matt Flynn.
    The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and SI's Peter King had previously suggested that franchising Flynn would at least be a consideration for the Packers, in an effort to pull a sign-and-trade deal. Instead, Green Bay's franchise tag figures to be used on Jermichael Finley. This would make Flynn easier for teams like the Seahawks and Redskins to acquire. He isn't going to cost a draft pick.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    Are you guys wanting the Skins to take RGIII?

vCash
    Absolutely...but....it may not be in the cards. Thats where Flynn comes in.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    idk...we'll have to see..i am skeptical that we'll get flynn and pass up the chance to land a guy like RG3...he might not fall but we are still in great position to get him.
    the browns will want flynn because of the holmgren-GB connection..peyton manning will probably be available, so a team like miami could want him..
    yates has made a case with his play in the post-season that he could be the future... the texans could possibly kick the tires on trading him and that leaves less compitition for RG3...

Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast