Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eric Winston

vCash

Eric Winston

He was just released by the chiefs, if we want to sure up the right side of our line and if we have the money .. we need this guy. Best right tackle in football. Either him or Vollmer from the pats.

vCash

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    my thoughts exactly!

vCash
    I think will sign him. He understands he fits our scheme good while we also won our division while also seeing that we have a good future ahead of us with RG3 and that the skins could be legit contenders and also can pay him very well .

Fits with us nicely and also seems like a guy who plays for fans.
    Reed Doughty .......where second chances will ALWAYS HAPPEN. Stay tuned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jason17 View Post
    I think will sign him. He understands he fits our scheme good while we also won our division while also seeing that we have a good future ahead of us with RG3 and that the skins could be legit contenders and also can pay him very well .

Fits with us nicely and also seems like a guy who plays for fans.
    How? Where do you come up with this?

My Mock v 1.1
    51st (Second Round) - Amerson CB/FS
    85th (third round) - Bacarri Rambo FS
    119th (fourth) - David Quessenberry, OT/OG
    154th (fifth) - Cornelius Washington, DE/ OLB
    162nd (fifth) - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS
    191st (sixth) - Nick Kasa, TE
    228th (seventh) - Rodney Smith, WR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJrockPD View Post
    How? Where do you come up with this?
    we're only penalized this year....long term contract and do a signing bonuses because they do not count against the cap. thats how.

Flaco's huge contract is for what 6 or 9 mil this year but a $29 million signing bonus....thats a perfect example. (not exact on #'s just remembering from hearing espn on radio)

imagine a top 5 LT and top 5 RT...wow...the time is now...we need to make this move happen even at the expense of some players that we may need. we can get other pieces next year when we aren't penalized against the cap. i think it would be a very strong move.

vCash
    Definitely a must get FA this season if there ever was one.

I'm pretty sure we went after him last offseason, so we know the interest is there.

vCash
    Yes!!!! either him or vollmer. I think vollmer would cost more. But we need a Vet RT. If thats all we got in FA, thats still ok. Secondary in the draft, but we cant afford to bring in rookie 3rd or 4th round RT. We need an immediate anchor on the right side

vCash
    he would be cheaper than vollmer, with bigger upside having played in the same exact zone scheme under kubiak, and never misses a game...

problem is guys like him wanna get paid... we dont have the money to throw at him, and even when we did last year when he was on our radar, we decided not to.

vCash
    Have we cut Brown yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajito64 View Post
    we're only penalized this year....long term contract and do a signing bonuses because they do not count against the cap. thats how.

Flaco's huge contract is for what 6 or 9 mil this year but a $29 million signing bonus....thats a perfect example. (not exact on #'s just remembering from hearing espn on radio)

imagine a top 5 LT and top 5 RT...wow...the time is now...we need to make this move happen even at the expense of some players that we may need. we can get other pieces next year when we aren't penalized against the cap. i think it would be a very strong move.
    Uhh, signing bonuses DO count against the cap. You can structure them many ways but they always count against the cap the money just gets spread out over the length of the contract instead any one given year. You can spread a 10 million dollar bonus over three or four years and its not that bad(somthing like 2.5-3 mil a year). That's why teams do it, it benefits the player and the team but the money is a cap hit.

Having said that Winston would be a great pickup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shareeb_omac2 View Post
    Have we cut Brown yet?
    His contract voided back in February.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
    His contract voided back in February.
    Okay I was confused as to his circumstances. A lot of people keep bringing him up.

vCash
    With regard to our cap sitatuion and the possibility of signing Winston....

"Signing Winston ASAP would allow Mike and Bruce to figure out how to maneuver around his cap hit before Tuesday without the threat of losing him to a team that can deal immediately.

Maybe the Redskins get cap relief, or maybe they have to part with a veteran like Santana Moss or London Fletcher to get the deal done. Whatever the case may be, this is a player they have to sign." - www.sonofwashington.com

I say, sign him!!!

vCash
    I would love to sign him but we would have to be really crafty with our cap room in the next few days. He's literally everything Shanny likes in a player, fits our scheme, and has experience with Kyle/our offense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast