Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Well I know his list may be short but if come deadline time were looking like we make the playoffs why wouldnt he come join? Especially for the big money we could potentially offer him.

As far as the deadline and if Fletcher makes moves or not its tough to say. I really dont think he would give away any of our prospects because he and the organization has worked so hard on replenishing the pool. But I also can see him swinging Harding for a career backup and an older veteran top 6 if he cant find another deal.

The only mistake I think will happen is that one of Backstrom or Harding will not be moved at the deadline. Harding loses all value after then and we will not be able to re sign him imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Well I know his list may be short but if come deadline time were looking like we make the playoffs why wouldnt he come join? Especially for the big money we could potentially offer him.

As far as the deadline and if Fletcher makes moves or not its tough to say. I really dont think he would give away any of our prospects because he and the organization has worked so hard on replenishing the pool. But I also can see him swinging Harding for a career backup and an older veteran top 6 if he cant find another deal.

The only mistake I think will happen is that one of Backstrom or Harding will not be moved at the deadline. Harding loses all value after then and we will not be able to re sign him imo.

Id rather move Backstrom and sign Harding long term, 4-6 Years. I think he could be out #1 for sure and Hackett is a great backup. I think after trading Leddy (BIGGEST MISTAKE) Fletcher better have learned not to trade prospects unless we get something great in return.. Leddy for Barker.. IDIOT!!! Lets see what he does trade deadline, if we are in playoff contention
    \

vCash
    I agree, it will be tough because of his contract but I agree.

And Leddy haha, that was an aweful trade. I hate it now I hated it then but in defense of Fletcher I can see how it made sense
    Last edited by pidg88; 01-06-2012 at 01:08 AM.

vCash
    http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_19712076

OK, So it looks like we may need to make a move.
    What are the options? Whay might we end up paying (Realistically)

I think Parise (SP?) is out of the question, the price would be too steap when we may have a legit chance at him as a FA next year. Even if it were a sign and trade deal.

Who on the ducks would do us any good?

There can't be a lot of teams ready to break things down yet. Maybe Columbus since we are not going to be in the samd division now?

What I wouldn't love to see Nash in a Wild Sweater!!

vCash
    I would take parise if we could sign him to an extension now then we wouldnt have to bid for him in the open market, but this team needs a goal scorer and backstrom has much more value than harding and could probably land us something

vCash
    I think Harding has more Value then backstrom,

Age is a big factor

Contract and what his new contract could be, who would want Backstroms 6 Million contract next season? Not many teams want that, harding is a FA so he will sign for a lot less for how good a goalie he could be.
    \

vCash
    the first post asks who saw this coming? i did! on another forum i was very nervous about our lack of GF and after the chicago loss i said "iceberg right ahead". now i thought we'd only have a 10 game skid, not a 28 game skid (i dont count the 5 wins during the skid). could a vet coach have stopped the bleeding sooner? maybe. we have been stuck in the top 5 teams man games lost due to injury for 3 years! we are due for some good luck! and it has begun with parise & suter! cheers, go wild n crazy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12