Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade

vCash

Upgrade

With Fil out, the Wings do not have another player to step up. Not sure what Holland and Babcock do not see. No, they are not in serious trouble, but they need another good forward to shoot and put the puck in the net. This will be the second loss to the Blues. They do not seem to have solid chemistry. Consistency is lacking. They have the players. But I really feel they must pursue another forward. Their road schedule has to improve as well as the power play. Took too many penalties tonight versus the Blues. Additionally, they need to shoot the puck more on the PP. I wonder if they can really wait until the Trade Deadline... though I realize they may have no choice. IMO Bert, Hudler, and Emmerton can go... not sure if anyone would want them.
    Last edited by RWFan; 12-06-2011 at 09:44 PM.

vCash
    The game isn't over yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    The game isn't over yet.
    It is not so much the game as much as is the need to upgrade... reload. My concern is over the plan B actions of Holland and Babcock. No team can win when you take too many penalties.
    Last edited by RWFan; 12-06-2011 at 10:02 PM.

vCash
    I've heard from more then just Espn that we have made a call to Carolina about tuomo ruutu. I will look for the other two articles I read to post them. I would be extremely happy to land him. Would fit our system decently, is very physical and is a 20 goal guy (at least) but I just don't know who Carolina would want for him or what they would want. He is expiring and a little grey in the beard. Can't see giving up a top pick or prospects

vCash
    Jiri Hudler's been playing somewhat better on the point. His shot just isn't hard enough, nor does he have that ability to set it up. We need to fill that spot. Bertuzzi was actually solid tonight.

We're too streaky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    I've heard from more then just Espn that we have made a call to Carolina about tuomo ruutu. I will look for the other two articles I read to post them. I would be extremely happy to land him. Would fit our system decently, is very physical and is a 20 goal guy (at least) but I just don't know who Carolina would want for him or what they would want. He is expiring and a little grey in the beard. Can't see giving up a top pick or prospects
    That would be great. Yeah, we do not need someone at such a commanding salary. Ruutu would be great. Is this the correct person? You mentioned he is expiring, but he is only 28. Regardless, something must be done. It does look like he would be a great fit. Not sure who we can provide. I would give them Hudler, Bert, Emmerton and/or someone else.

vCash
    Yes that's tHe Ruutu, he is only 28? I thought he was like 29-30 but that makes it even better. I don't think they would be interested in Bert/ hudler or emmerton

vCash
    would like to see Bert just finish out the season with us. Giving up Huds means he'll prolly kick *** on another team which is typical.

vCash
    Despite the lowish points, Hudler has been good.

vCash
    Ruutu would be an awesome addition to the team.

I just did a quick Google search and found quite a few articles about this. I also saw a couple that mentioned us acquiring gleason too.
    Last edited by RedWings13; 12-07-2011 at 03:50 PM.

vCash
    Right now, I guess Ruutu would be better than Semin. IMO something should be done before the Trade Deadline. Why? There is only the month of March and 1 week in April left after the deadline. Getting someone earlier would give them enough time to: 1.) learn the Wings system, 2.) learn their style of play, and 3.) most importantly, develop chemistry.

vCash
    Ruutu is not as good of player as Semin, but he is better for us because he works hard in both ends, isn't moody or a complainer, sacrifices for his team, hits and is a physical force and can still put up points. Oh and let's not forget Ruutu wilt bolt for Russia while moody Semin could.

vCash
    I just want nothing to do with Semin has mistake written all over it at way too high of a price.

vCash
    The Ruutu rumors are BS. There really isn't a source, just some random member, on another forum, who comes up with an idea.

vCash
    If anything, hopefully there is some awareness in the front office that things need to tighten-up... having more consistency. Ruutu or Semin is not even the issue... they just need have their eyes open and be "immediately" ready to make a move. To be honest, I think it is always better to make a move before the trade deadline (unless that option is not available) in order to get that player to learn the system and develop chemistry with the other teammates.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast