Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

How does Wrestling work?

Always loved wrestling but recenlty have been fascinated with the behind the scenes stuff more. I understand and respect it from a buisness standpoint a lot more now. One thing I can't figure out is how these guys have these unbelievable matches live for 30 plus minutes sometimes with multiple wrestlers being involved. I know they discuss the match prior and one guy "calls" the match but even that seems crazy to me with the dangers involved. Just curious, figured maybe one of you guys could shed some light on it for me.

vCash
    well you have to know each others moves set and some time when the chemistry gets real good, they dont even discuss it they just do it on spot.

vCash

How does Wrestling work?

The more you work with someone, the more you know them. There's a reason why some of the best all time matches involve guys like Flair/Steamboat - these guys wrestled every single day for a year +. After a while, you perfect it.

vCash
    Last edited by NBA_Starter; 12-16-2012 at 04:18 AM.

vCash
    Last edited by Knowledge; 12-16-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: wrong thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    cena wins
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Cena is stabbed 25 times laying Ing a pool of blood is dead about to be counted out gets up hits the AA and wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Cena is stabbed 25 times laying Ing a pool of blood is dead about to be counted out gets up hits the AA and wins.
    The Alex anthopolous ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    The Alex anthopolous ?
    Attitude ajustment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    The Alex anthopolous ?
    cena hits the Alex anthopolous has such a good ring to it!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    The ref helps A LOT!

The Knicks are back!

vCash
    How about this, would anyone know what a try-out session with say maybe Wild Samoan Training Center would consists of cause Ive been calling with no response I wanna be ready for the event

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDink24 View Post
    Always loved wrestling but recenlty have been fascinated with the behind the scenes stuff more. I understand and respect it from a buisness standpoint a lot more now. One thing I can't figure out is how these guys have these unbelievable matches live for 30 plus minutes sometimes with multiple wrestlers being involved. I know they discuss the match prior and one guy "calls" the match but even that seems crazy to me with the dangers involved. Just curious, figured maybe one of you guys could shed some light on it for me.
    Lol you do know that everything is scripted right? Theres website telling you what will happen for monday night raw and friday night smackdown. Everything is scripted and it tells you who will be the winner and who will win or lose. As well as what will happen during that show and so on.

vCash
    Most the time you can see them whispering in each others ears, calling the match as they go.

A wrestling school tryout? They will make you puke and try to get you to quit. Run for the equivalent of about an hour straight on a surface you've never encountered. Then have you practice how to take a fall with your chin tucked and palms landing flat, which you will get right about 1 in 50 times. Good luck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman01 View Post
    Lol you do know that everything is scripted right? Theres website telling you what will happen for monday night raw and friday night smackdown. Everything is scripted and it tells you who will be the winner and who will win or lose. As well as what will happen during that show and so on.
    He knows wrestling is scripted, i think hes talking more about the inner workings of a match, like how they know what to do next and stuff like that, cause obviously not everything is completely choreographed in advance like Hogan vs Warrior.

These guys usually know each others moves, keep in mind that while you may be seeing a match on tv for the 1st time it doesnt mean its the 1st time theyve wrestled cause theres all the house shows. Thats important. Wrestlers can basically rehearse their spots there untelevised...like its a practice match.

Im sure you probably already know how the wrestlers talk during the match and call the next set of moves, like when you see a rest hold like a headlock or an armbar or whatever its just cover for them having a chat. The refs also play a role as they wear ear pieces and get told things from backstage, like when to end the match or if they need to keep going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast