Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Is it time to hit the Panic button?

Is it time to hit the panic button in Montreal?

There may still be time left, but this team as it stands right now, is not a play-off team, and is slowly fading. Unless there is a big turn around in play, and the guys who have been struggling, well, pretty much the entire team, pick up their game, they are going nowhere fast.

Thoughts anybody??

vCash
    Big win last night. They need to reel off 3 or 4 like that to get back on track.....

vCash
    It diffently looks like the team is starting to buy into cunneyworth's system

vCash
    ^ While, I do agree that that may be the best game the Habs played all year, it's a little premature to say that they are buying in. Let's see how they do on this southern roadswing. In the last few years, they have been less than mediocre on this trip. Hopefully, they can turn it around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks4life View Post
    ^ While, I do agree that that may be the best game the Habs played all year, it's a little premature to say that they are buying in. Let's see how they do on this southern roadswing. In the last few years, they have been less than mediocre on this trip. Hopefully, they can turn it around.
    Agreed. One win doesn't make a season. Definitely one of the better games they have played all year. I don't think it's as much a product of them buying into R.C.'s system, as much as I buy they finally decided to pull their heads' out of their ***es.

We'll have to wait and see after this road trip......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taffi101 View Post
    Agreed. One win doesn't make a season. Definitely one of the better games they have played all year. I don't think it's as much a product of them buying into R.C.'s system, as much as I buy they finally decided to pull their heads' out of their ***es.

We'll have to wait and see after this road trip......
    I think it is time to rebuild, cammy, gionta, gomez,markov when healthy(if ever healthy) need to go at trade deadline, there is some good young guys in pcoming draft finish low so we get hi draft,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lions fan 1972 View Post
    I think it is time to rebuild, cammy, gionta, gomez,markov when healthy(if ever healthy) need to go at trade deadline, there is some good young guys in pcoming draft finish low so we get hi draft,
    I am pretty much on the same page as you. This team has been mired in a mediocrity landslide for the past decade plus, and it is time re-think the team direction.

The overpriced free-agent signings haven't worked well, waiting for Markov to get healthy seems to be like waiting for the seconding coming, and the trades that have been made, have been made from a point of weakness, and they haven't done well.

They need that big, go-to guy. An upper echelon league scorer.............

vCash
    Yeah guys, I think it's time. Even if somehow our team comes around, this team is goign nowhere fast. It's time to rebuild. The good news is that we have alot of young prospects that can help and rebuilding may only take a couple of years (if done properly).

Our team has good points. We have a strong young goaltender and a few young d-men that have gained experience through these hard times. I think Gill, Markov, and Kaberle have to go (although Kaberle has played well since he has been here). Gorges deserves a big contract.

As far as forwards go, Cammmelleri can beat it. He's had one great playoff since he's been here and that's it. He has no value other than a great one timer and a hard shot. I think he's lazy and he's a floater. Every time he gets a penalty, he complains and screams that he's done nothing wrong. He has a bad attitude and does not bring the leadership that everyone hoped he would bring. Cole, on the other hand, has been a pleasant surprise. He leads the team in scoring. He gave his credit card to Leblanc so his parents would make his debut in San Jose. Now, that is leadership!!! What a guy. I really like Plecs and Gionta (great leadership) but other than that, everyone else is dispensible.

Gomez... I have no idea what we do about him. Some people say that we can hide him in the minors. Not exactly sure what the rules are on this. I'm sure there are stipulations. Even if there isn't, the Molsons will not be happy about paying someone 7.3 million to play in the minors. We have to remember that this is a business and the object for them is to make as much money as possible. I know it sounds obvious, but if you listen to others (mainly on twitter and facebook) they forget about this and think it's nothing just to throw this money away. Let's think about this in realistic fashion people!

PS- I'm only stressing on leadership because if they tear this team down, we will need as many leaders as we can to lead the young guys. Lets hope for a better year next year, guys.

vCash
    Yes, you should hit the panic buttom. This team sucks and you're drafting has been completely incompetent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks4life View Post
    Yeah guys, I think it's time. Even if somehow our team comes around, this team is goign nowhere fast. It's time to rebuild. The good news is that we have alot of young prospects that can help and rebuilding may only take a couple of years (if done properly).

Our team has good points. We have a strong young goaltender and a few young d-men that have gained experience through these hard times. I think Gill, Markov, and Kaberle have to go (although Kaberle has played well since he has been here). Gorges deserves a big contract.

As far as forwards go, Cammmelleri can beat it. He's had one great playoff since he's been here and that's it. He has no value other than a great one timer and a hard shot. I think he's lazy and he's a floater. Every time he gets a penalty, he complains and screams that he's done nothing wrong. He has a bad attitude and does not bring the leadership that everyone hoped he would bring. Cole, on the other hand, has been a pleasant surprise. He leads the team in scoring. He gave his credit card to Leblanc so his parents would make his debut in San Jose. Now, that is leadership!!! What a guy. I really like Plecs and Gionta (great leadership) but other than that, everyone else is dispensible.

Gomez... I have no idea what we do about him. Some people say that we can hide him in the minors. Not exactly sure what the rules are on this. I'm sure there are stipulations. Even if there isn't, the Molsons will not be happy about paying someone 7.3 million to play in the minors. We have to remember that this is a business and the object for them is to make as much money as possible. I know it sounds obvious, but if you listen to others (mainly on twitter and facebook) they forget about this and think it's nothing just to throw this money away. Let's think about this in realistic fashion people!

PS- I'm only stressing on leadership because if they tear this team down, we will need as many leaders as we can to lead the young guys. Lets hope for a better year next year, guys.
    Could not agree more in respect to your point about Erik Cole. Great, great aquisition so far. Stand up guy as well. Don Cherry would speak highly of him.

The rest as you stated, Markov,Gill, Cammalleri should be moved.

The time spent waiting on Markov to get healthy, to me is a mini version of waiting for Peter Forsberg to put together a healthy season back years ago. He just turned 33, and he's missed essentially the past 2 seasons. Nevermind the 7 games last year.

Gill has been dissapointing.

Cammalleri cam a little over -advertised, and should be moved as well.

I like Plecs and Gionta. The problem I see, is that they are more the complimentary types, than being the main go to guys. This team lacks the big top line guy, game breaker type.

No way they can bury Gomez in the minors. They have to continue to play him in order to get some sort of return on him. I don't think there is any stipulation that says he has to play on the parent club, unless it is contractual between him and the Habs, but I could very well be wrong. Makes no sense to have him toiling away in the minors for almot $7M.

Anyway you slice it, they are not in a good situation. Let's hope for a better2012 ..............

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by averymustgo View Post
    Yes, you should hit the panic buttom. This team sucks and you're drafting has been completely incompetent.
    Drafting has been bad for 30 years .............

vCash
    I thought the our last few years have been pretty good. That's just my opinion, but Louis Leblanc, PK Subban, Nathan Beaulieu, Jared Tinordi, Ryan Gallagher, Max Pacioretty etc. And then there's the guys we traded away like Ryan McDanagh (or however you spell it). I don't think poor drafting has been our problem.

vCash
    we needto start over and that meens start with Gauthier he needs to be fired, get a new gm and trade Cammy Plecanecs, gomez, markov if he ever plays campoli, kaberle, moen, darche, and one of my favorites Kostitsyn, we need to rebuild get young players or draft picks what ever we can get, they need to fix what Gainey andGauthier have screwed up, do it now finish last so we get high draft pick, doe s anyone agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lions fan 1972 View Post
    we needto start over and that meens start with Gauthier he needs to be fired, get a new gm and trade Cammy Plecanecs, gomez, markov if he ever plays campoli, kaberle, moen, darche, and one of my favorites Kostitsyn, we need to rebuild get young players or draft picks what ever we can get, they need to fix what Gainey andGauthier have screwed up, do it now finish last so we get high draft pick, doe s anyone agree
    The problem with what you suggest is two-fold.

1. The field of GM's or head coached who would be deemed acceptable, is narrowed somewhat by their ability or in-ability to speak the language.

2. The Montreal Canadiens don't "start over". Too much pressure to compete on an annual basis, so any fix has to start offering almost immediate rewards, or patience will run thin again.

This team needs to aquire a top tier forward. The fantasy rankings were posted earlier, and aside from Price being ranked #48, the highest ranked Hab was Plekanec at #93.

Those listing are what they are, but ultimately the jest of my point is there.

Building through the draft is smart, but historically, the Habs haven't done all that well. I am currently beginning a somewhat in-depth study of their draft success/non success over the past 30+ years. I will post my results when finished. (May take a month or better)

Selling off all the high priced busts, or under-achievers makes sense, but you will be selling off at $.60 or so on the dollar, but I guess you have to take your lumps if they aren't performing for you, so getting something is better than nothing.

vCash
    Tampa Bay is also God aweful this season...

Lecavalier for Cammalleri and a draft pick or 2 this summer? (throw in Kostitsyn)
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - World Ranking: #5

Montreal's Sweetheart Eugenie Bouchard

Go Genie Go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast