Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Crosby's Back

vCash

Crosby's Back

Call it a comeback.

Actually, call it The Comeback.

Penguins center Sidney Crosby will play Monday night against the New York Islanders at Consol Energy Center, the team announced today.

In a statement it was said that Crosby would speak Monday morning after a practice.

He has not played since Jan. 5 because of a concussion.

"There's going to be a (period of) time before he feels comfortable and back, certainly, to the level he was playing (before the injury)," said Penguins coach Dan Bylsma, who added Crosby will play on a line with wingers Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis.

"The one thing I think is easy to see in practice is he's one of the best players on the ice. He's the best player on the ice, and you can see that with his speed and skating. He's going to bring that to the game tomorrow."

Read more: Crosby cleared for comeback - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1eImofiRm
    I'm amazed nothing has been posted yet but Crosby will return tomorrow and it should be a terrific hockey night in Pittsburgh.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    I would have posted earlier but I was busy all day. I can't describe how pumped I am! Needless to say, I will be glued to the television tomorrow night

vCash
    Ya i was busy to im so pumped crosby is back i should have got tickets im so pumped

vCash
    This is going to be noticed by almost no one tonight but Zbynek Michalek is also returning tonight. My question is will anyone in the arena care?

vCash
    No sadly Crosby will be the only focus tonight

vCash
    I couldn't be more pumped Crosby is returning tonight and at the same time I couldn't be more pissed. I have a Chemistry exam tonight at 7

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    It's a great day for hockey, esp. Penguins hockey!

http://penguins.nhl.com/

vCash
    I must admit I am really excited for tonight's game. Usually I don't get fully into following/watching the Pens games during the first 3 months of the season but I'll be watching closely tonight.

Team is getting back to full strength and that should be scary to the rest of the league.

vCash
    welcome back Crosby!

vCash
    Watched the entire game and WOW! 2 goals in his first game back and a couple of other great chances, this man is truly a freak

vCash
    And he is gone

vCash
    I fear that his career may be coming to an end.
    Let him sit the rest of the year and get as close to fully healing as possible. If he still has problems next year then sadly I think that would be it.