Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Teemu had 4 goals, 5 points today. Good day for Detroit in the WJC.
    I guess that last second goal wasn't in time then. Yah our prospects have looked awesome so far.

vCash
    Yep. I'll probably pay close attention to this Finland/Czech Republic game

vCash
    Teemus goal was dirty.

vCash
    Unless Teemu pulls off a big game tonight, I have to say that Mrazek had the best performance of all the Wings prospects in the tournament.
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

vCash
    Yeah Mrazek has pretty much locked up that honor.

vCash
    Actually I'm wrong. Teemu has had a great tourney, he is second in goals/points and first in shots taken by quite a bit. I'd say 1a/1b, I kinda posted uninformed.
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

vCash
    As huge of supporter as I am of Pulu by far and away Petr had the best tournament for our prospects. You watch that game against Russia or the one before and he was unbelievable. Vision is great, lateral movement is great for his size and you have to love the attitude and excitement he brings. He will challenge if not pass McCollum next year in grand rapids

But my beloved Pulu did play great, I was hoping to see more from Tvrdon, not an awrful tournament but not anything too exciting. Also I can't tell if not noticing Bäckman was a good or bad thing considering that's just the type of D player he is.

vCash
    Pulu's offensive game is awesome, but his defensive game is just terrible. Terrible. He turns the puck over so much, and costs so many breaks the other way. He reads almost all of the defensive plays wrong. He steps up when he shouldn't, and his man gets passed him. He doesn't have good awareness at all.

Offensive......game is awesome!

vCash
    Couldn't agree more. He is consistently out of place defensively and just doesn't pay attention. I have said that since we drafted him. But also it is something that 2 years or so of GR can fix I believe. He has the work ethic he just hasn't been made to have the responsibility on the d end. That will change when he comes over.

Another reason I think Petr had the better tournament, we expected points from Pulu, but I think we can all agree Petr's net play was amazing and unexpected

vCash
    Teemu Pulkkinen has 10 points in 6 games, for third in the tournament. He also has 36 shots.

Tomas Jurco had 6 points in 5 games, which is impressive since Slovakia isn't that good.

Mrazek was kind of good too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. He is consistently out of place defensively and just doesn't pay attention. I have said that since we drafted him. But also it is something that 2 years or so of GR can fix I believe. He has the work ethic he just hasn't been made to have the responsibility on the d end. That will change when he comes over.

Another reason I think Petr had the better tournament, we expected points from Pulu, but I think we can all agree Petr's net play was amazing and unexpected
    Yeah, he's really needs Grand Rapids. I really hope he can learn our system, or at least play like Bertuzzi. Bert's two-way game is meh, but he doesn't turn the puck over much. He isn't expected to do much, but just can't hurt us on the ice.

vCash
    Well if grand rapids can just make him defensively aware and positionally aware on defense it's good enough. He doesnt need to be a star 2 way player as nice as that would be. Pair him in the top 6 with 2 defensively responsible line mates (think hank and flipper types) and I think he could do just fine and be a legit 30-40g scorer 4-5 years down the road.

I agree Jurco and Tvrdon really play on a crappy team but both had good tournaments.

vCash
    Sorry pidg, but Pulk's two way game is actually one of the worst that I've ever seen from anybody.

vCash
    Haha I'm agreeing with you it is aweful but I think some dedication in GR if he can just learn to be positionaly sound on the defensive end he should make out fine. Like I said he doesn't need to be good on our end, just not always a liability.

vCash
    Mrazek !!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast