Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Trading Partners

What teams are usually good trade partners with the Wings? I presume that these days there are no trades among those within your division (eg. Wings and Blues). I wonder if that will get tougher next year with the realignment?

vCash
    Kenny has been proficient at dealing with almost any team, especially at the deadline.
    Blue Jays Ace Todd Redmond

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StealingSigns View Post
    Kenny has been proficient at dealing with almost any team, especially at the deadline.
    Okay, that is good to know. Thanks. I wonder how good his relationship is with Lou Lamorello (Devils GM)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RWFan View Post
    Okay, that is good to know. Thanks. I wonder how good his relationship is with Lou Lamorello (Devils GM)?
    Why, you're thinking Parise? Who would you trade for him?

vCash
    Apparently Selanne and Koivu are the only untouchables on the Ducks, which is interesting.

vCash
    If we were to trade with anyone, I'd think it's the Eastern Conference. We usually claim players on waivers more times than make a trade. I'm trying to remember our last significant trade. Brad Stuart from Los Angeles may just be that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Jam Hammer View Post
    Apparently Selanne and Koivu are the only untouchables on the Ducks, which is interesting.
    I read that as well. I have a feeling nothing much is going to happen with them, though. But watch, since I said that they're going to trade their big 3 and Visnovsky lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    Why, you're thinking Parise? Who would you trade for him?
    No, just curious. Not sure how trades work. Do the GM's talk to one another or does the GM contact or inquire of the agent? For some reason, I was wondering if Lou and Kenny had a relationship since both seem bring and nurture players through the draft. Do not get me wrong, I do not like the Devils at all, but I respect Lou. I think I had heard they had a good relationship.

On another note though it sounds like a broken record, I feel the Wings need to add someone in the way of a scoring forward. My concern is that they may not last that long in the playoffs otherwise. But of course, I hope they do.
    Last edited by RWFan; 01-05-2012 at 08:42 PM.

vCash
    Usually agents are not involved until the final stages. Sometimes they are notified before hand sometimes not it really depends. As far as rumors the only teams we have been linked to are Carolina (Ruutu) Edmonton (Hemsky) and I've heard we still have interest in Nabakov and recently heard Bryan Allan although that really makes no sense to me. But the only two you will find multiple non bleacher report...reports on is Carolina for Ruutu and Edmonton for Hemsky...I would rather have Ruutu.

vCash
    What does Allen do that Commodore doesn't? Stupid. I'd like to stay away from Ales Hemsky, as we'd have to give up a decent prospect for someone who's a streaky scorer, and is one of the most injury prone players in the NHL. Ruutu would be nice, but I'd like to wait, and bring up Nyquist next season.

vCash
    While I agree I do want Nyquist to be playing in a top 9 role next year, I think trading for Ruutu gives us an aggressive physical forward for the top 6, replaces Bert next year and still leaves room for Nyquist. Ruutu registers a lot of hits and can be a 20+ goal scorer with Z or Pav centering him he could even get more then that. He is also responsible defensively and would fit our system.

While I do not want Hensky, in his defense when he is 100% and playing with good players he is one of the best playmakers and can create offense anywhere. But he hasnt been like that for 2-3 years haha.

And yes thats exactly why Allen didnt make any sense to me either