Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    7,824
    vCash
    1500
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Black

    one of those 2

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Far SW Denver/SE Lakewood
    Posts
    762
    vCash
    1500
    Yellow Ledbetter, Black, Garden, Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    someplace in wisconsin
    Posts
    1,549
    vCash
    1500
    yellow ledbetter

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    33,068
    vCash
    1000
    "Release" might be the most underrated Pearl Jam song. So f'n good.

    After that, "Rearview Mirror". The build up in that chorus/bridge/whatever section is soooooooooooooooo good:

    ♫ i couldn't breathe, holdin' me down
    hand on my face, pushed to the ground
    enmity gauged, united by fear
    forced to endure what i could not forgive...♫


    I got tired of hearing "Alive" so much, but once I found out it was about his own childhood and finding out the truth about his dad, I have a new-found respect for it.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,166
    vCash
    1500
    I never really liked Rearviewmirror until I heard this live version of it:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbF9BhzdWok

    I'm not a big man of the studio version of Better Man, either. Some of their stuff is just so much better live.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,097
    vCash
    1500
    black and the one that sounds exactly like black

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,354
    vCash
    1500
    Better Man, Alive, and Black all come to mind.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    33,068
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    I never really liked Rearviewmirror until I heard this live version of it:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbF9BhzdWok

    I'm not a big man of the studio version of Better Man, either. Some of their stuff is just so much better live.
    Sirius now has a "Pearl Jam Radio" station. Some of their live stuff is really amazing.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    I never really liked Rearviewmirror until I heard this live version of it:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbF9BhzdWok

    I'm not a big man of the studio version of Better Man, either. Some of their stuff is just so much better live.
    I never watched this video. I have the bootleg CD of it. But what's the deal at 3:50? I thought it could just be the way the video was synched, but it doesn't appear that way. Why are they blasting Eddie's voice in the background?
    Last edited by Driven; 01-22-2012 at 05:30 PM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Britannia
    Posts
    6,537
    vCash
    31948
    I know this is off topic but has anyone heard; Temple of the Dog - Hungerstrike
    Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjNjJR9jUGo

    And back on topic, I think Jeremy or Even Flow.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    33,068
    vCash
    1000
    Temple of the Dog was one of the better collaborations that's occurred. They almost pulled off a reunion too.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    14
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by masseycubs View Post
    Yellow Ledbetter, Black, Garden, Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
    same as me

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    1,088
    vCash
    1500
    Pearl Jam is by far my favorite band. No Code is my favorite from them followed by Vitalogy. Out of 10 albums the only one that I think that isn't at least decent is Riot Act which is just downright bad.

    My favorite song is Red Mosquito. I saw them in 2009 night 1 in LA and then in SD and Ben Harper, who by himself is one of my favorite artists, opened. He came out and played on red mosquito and that's just a great f'n moment.

    I also like:

    Corduroy
    Hail, Hail
    Do the Evolution
    In Hiding (maybe their only happy song haha)

    too many others to name

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,297
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GardenGrove View Post
    Pearl Jam is by far my favorite band. No Code is my favorite from them followed by Vitalogy. Out of 10 albums the only one that I think that isn't at least decent is Riot Act which is just downright bad.

    My favorite song is Red Mosquito. I saw them in 2009 night 1 in LA and then in SD and Ben Harper, who by himself is one of my favorite artists, opened. He came out and played on red mosquito and that's just a great f'n moment.

    I also like:

    Corduroy
    Hail, Hail
    Do the Evolution
    In Hiding (maybe their only happy song haha)

    too many others to name

    Lets go.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,194
    vCash
    1500
    It's easily not their best stuff, most of their great stuff has already been mentioned...but I'm surprised The Fixer hasn't gotten a nod here. It wasn't their best but I certainly think it's a good track.

    Even Flow for me though.

    www.AroundCiti.com You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •