Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesbaby4lyfe View Post
    Ya I think thats pretty lame, what's stopping someone from saying that to every FA possible?? It's basically the same thing as an offer just without the actual financial figures displayed.
    I dont see why you shouldnt be able to do it to every FA available? You arent actually offering money, and in reality, teams express interest like that all the time. We aren't allow to backup options?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by F*(&"Next Year" View Post
    I dont see why you shouldnt be able to do it to every FA available? You arent actually offering money, and in reality, teams express interest like that all the time. We aren't allow to backup options?
    Ya but that might hinder FA's from actually signing and actually wait for a team to come back and in the end that team the FA is waiting on often comes and says sorry we are no longer interested.

Not to mention if we can't bid to go over the cap then find a way to get back under the cap before its all done, what's the point of allowing something like this??

Like personally I don't really care its all meh to me but I'm just saying if ones not allowed then neither should the other. But since we do have that system in place might as well take advantage of it.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Who's going to be the first big FA to sign?
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.

The PSD NBA Redraft GOAT speaking the truth

vCash
    Prince to Washington

My American Hero

KoB Owns My Soul For Life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jamal View Post
    Who's going to be the first big FA to sign?
    Beltran in Boston

vCash
    Pujols to Cards since no one wants to get into a bidding match. I was looking for war too

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Beantown Beltran has a nice ring to it.

vCash
    If last year someone asked me to raise their payroll 37 million dollars I'd have fired them

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Beantown Beltran has a nice ring to it.
    Hogtown Fielder would have a nice ring to it if the Jays got him in real life

vCash
    Reds I'm gonna ****ing kill you

vCash
    speaking of cities, houston > philly, boston and LA. we dont have the **** quality of people philly does, LA has way too much ****ing traffic, and boston....well....they've wont too many damn championsips.

new york is a nice place to visit, but i wouldnt want to live there long term
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    God this bank thing is stupid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    If last year someone asked me to raise their payroll 37 million dollars I'd have fired them
    I agree, basically the Rays should have a low payroll regardless of their moves.

2011: $ 42,171,308
    2010: $ 72,847,133
    2009: $ 63,313,034
    2008: $ 43,745,597
    2007: $ 24,123,500
    2006: $ 35,417,967
    2005: $ 29,679,067
    2004: $ 29,556,667
    2003: $ 19,630,000
    2002: $ 34,380,000
    2001: $ 56,980,000
    2000: $ 64,400,000

They averaged a payroll of $43,020,352 over these years with their high being $72M. They've always had a low payroll, getting a number way past what they've spent in the past would be, well, wrong.

vCash
    also, the rays lied to fielder

Quote Originally Posted by es0terik View Post
    Dear Mr. Fielder,

We at the Tampa Bay Rays front office have spent a countless amount of hours since the beginning of the offseason to this point in attempting to solidify our offensive line-up. We feel that we have succeeded. Prince, you are the missing piece to our puzzle. If we can attain your services, we would have upper echelon talent at every single offensive position without even a remote indication of a 'hole' in sight. You would be our clean-up hitter and would be batting behind home run king of the past two years, Jose Bautista. You would be the face of our franchise, the guy we are willing to market the most. You will of course be playing at first base, a position that you and we both feel you are definitely more than capable to play for years to come. Given the elite level of consistency you have maintained throughout your career, we don't see you needing to take many days off, but on the days you do, the DH spot will be readily available for you to slot into. It will also be available for the latter years of your contract if you ever feel the want to get off the field. Though first base is yours as long as you want it.

You would slot into a line-up that is stacked from top to bottom with established elite talent, or young players that have an elite ceiling. Our franchise feels that we have definitely established a contender, without risking our club's future in the least.

This is what we feel our line-up could look like if you were to choose our club over the many others that are very much interested in you.

1) Desmond Jennings - CF
    2) Alex Gordon - LF
    3) Jose Bautista - RF
    4) Prince Fielder - 1B
    5) Brett Lawrie - 3B
    6) Ben Zobrist - 2B
    7) Carlos Santana - C
    8) Yunel Escobar - SS
    9) Vernon Wells - DH

You would provide us with some very much needed left handed stability in a line-up that has only one weakness: the fact that it is very righty-oriented.

We extend you an offer of $267,000,000 over 10 years.

You would make: 12:24M - 13:27M - 14:27M - 15:27M - 16:27M - 17:27M - 18:27M - 19:27M - 20:27M - 21:27M

Due to current budgetary constraints, we are only able to offer you $24M in 2012 without exceeding our current payroll cap, but we would like to include an incredibly easy-to-attain performance bonus of $3,000,000 in 2012 for 400 plate appearances.

Barring any injuries, the deal comes to a very easy 270M over 10 years.

We are also willing to offer you four exclusive incentive clauses:

- You will be the highest paid player on our team by $5M. If we are to sign somebody who is making more than 22M, your salary for that specific year will go up accordingly.

- You are the only player we are pursuing in the free agent market at the time, and we stress that fact to make it clear how much we are interested in you. We will not pursue anybody else until we have received an answer.

- We are willing to go against club policy and extend you a full no-trade clause.

- We will include opt-out clauses in your contract for every single year after 2012. If ever at any point you feel you can make more money elsewhere, or are upset with how our franchise is being run, you can choose to option to become a free agent again.

Our offer matches the highest current offer for Cardinals free agent Albert Pujols. We urge you to consider our offer and respond as soon as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by es0terik View Post
    Same for me ^^^

The Rays would like to extend an offer to Edwin Jackson (not Edwin Jackon) of 40/5, at an AAV of 8M a year. We feel that our offense has reached an elite level and our rotation needs help. Jackson would slot into the 4th spot behind Hellickson and Moore and in front of Niemann. We feel that his experience will be a valuable asset for our younger pitchers. Unfortunately, as per club policy, we are not able to include a no-trade clause. We are, however, willing to negotiate on an option and on performance bonuses and incentives. We are also promising that we will do everything we can to try and put a contender on the field come opening day. We've made the playoffs 3 of the past 4 years, and we feel that we've paid our dues; this is the year that we go all in, with our sights set on winning it all.
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugadawgsfan17 View Post
    God this bank thing is stupid
    The bank makes sense, but not like this. The most a team should get is 10-15 million total. No team raises their payroll 50 million dollars in an offseason lol. Another point is, even if the Rays made improvement, dealing Longoria would cost them sooo much money. How that's not being taken into account is beyond me.

Next year I'm running this again, and if teams make ridiculous bank requests I'm docking them payroll.

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast