Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 127 1231151101 ... LastLast
    vCash

Crunch-time lineup

David Kahn answered questions today. A fan asked him what the crunch-time lineup will be this season Kahn responded with.

Ricky, JJ, Love, Beasley, DWilliams unless they're playing the Magic or Lakers or a legitimate, physical 7 foot center and even then they still might go small...

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/135670278.html

vCash
    sounds about right, but Kahn isnt the coach, the crunch time lineup is the coaches choice, not the GM

vCash
    agree but this guy KAHN seems kind of smart by saying JJ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALKIS2K12 View Post
    David Kahn answered questions today. A fan asked him what the crunch-time lineup will be this season Kahn responded with.

Ricky, JJ, Love, Beasley, DWilliams unless they're playing the Magic or Lakers or a legitimate, physical 7 foot center and even then they still might go small...

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/135670278.html
    Just to clarify, this was Jerry Zgoda's best guess. David Kahn was interviewed but he was no longer present by the time this question was asked. So essentially, it means nothing.

vCash
    oh really? i didnt read the whole thing so maybe your right.

either way someones smart.

vCash
    Seriously can you get over barea.? its great you like him and everything but all your posts are about him, its exciting to have more fans on the forums supporting the wolves but the barea thing is getting a little old man.

Also i think Love is going to play big minutes at the five this year, i really do. Against bogut i thought he was tremendous, offensively bogut could not contain him and defensively i thought he did tremendous with outstanding positioning. He looks much more cut and a lot stronger, weight loss has helped him, yes its only one pre season game i get that but bogut is one of the premier big men in the league so it must mean something.

vCash
    i wouldnt put ricky in the crunch time yet, until he developos some offense because it would be playing 4 vs 5.
    ]

vCash
    barea never really played in crunch-time with the mavs bc jason kidd was there. but we all got to see what barea is capable of doing in the 4th quarter by watching last years nba finals. whatever role jj plays here i know he will flourish in it & accept it. the guy is an outstanding locker room guy to have on your squad. a true competitor. i know you guys are glad we got him. & i already like guys like love/beasely & the rookie dwill from the 1st pre-season game. rubio is gonna be good too but hes young and will make mistakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    i wouldnt put ricky in the crunch time yet, until he developos some offense because it would be playing 4 vs 5.
    I don't know, I really liked the way the offense looked with Ricky out there. Of course teams might stay at home on shooters more in crunch time, but a high P+R and there was usually a good look.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”-Plato

^^
    Words I post by...and live by.

vCash
    At first, I agreed with this statement, because although Ricky can distribute the ball well, and give us chances that noone else can deliver, he can also force the issue a little, which could mean TOs in crunch time.

But then, I thought who else on our roster would I prefer playing PG in crunch time. Certainly not Luke, because he showed last year that he can't handle that role. And our other PG, JJB, I would prefer to also be on the floor because he can penetrate so well and get to the line, which is definitely a good thing in crunch time.

So after thinking it through, I now disagree with your statement.

Minnesota ROYalty

vCash
    Love, Beasley, and whichever 3 other players are playing best that night is the right answer.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash

rubio & barea wont play tomorrow

vCash

Roster updates/discussion

I think all conversation regarding the roster, whether it be injury, updates, anything, should have one thread, so we can keep the forum clean.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I think Rondo is a good example in favor of your argument, however, it remains to be seen how Rubio responds in crunch time. Guys like Parker merely need to exploit the attention other players get to drive for an easy bucket and Rubio also seems to be able to find the open man if they focus on him. Plus, his defense coul be a factor unless Adelman play offense-defense lineups.

vCash
    Rubio definitely deserves to be in during crunch time. He is able to find the open shooter and he can also drive to the hoop. I do not want to see Ridnour out there again. To many late game collapses last season.

Page 1 of 127 1231151101 ... LastLast