Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Here is one rumor that I like.
    Roy head coach.
    Roy convincing Alex Radulov to come back in the NHL for the Habs.
    Gotta wait 5 months.

I'm confident about Roy, but in the case of Radulov it depend more about the russian mob than anything else and i'm not joking.

vCash
    apparently u guys offered price a 7 year $49M. he's appently countered with 10 years $75M. i beileve both have no move clauses. are u guys ok with that? i know he's a great goalie but that contract is gigantic...

vCash
    I would be fine with both of those deal, moving forward into the new CBA and obvious higher salary cap, Gomez, Gionta, Gill, Markov, Kaberle (through trade), saving 2.7 mil per on trading Cammy, the Habs should be ok with that number. Especially for one of say the top 3 goalies in the league, even at 10 years, he will be 33 and still in his prime.

vCash
    Also, the Habs looked good last night, so happy to see a team that stays on the attack and doesnt sit on leads.

Gomez looked good too (but its one game). Maybe he lights it up for the next 5 weeks and someone takes him at the deadline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    apparently u guys offered price a 7 year $49M. he's appently countered with 10 years $75M. i beileve both have no move clauses. are u guys ok with that? i know he's a great goalie but that contract is gigantic...
    Too much can go wrong in those long term deals. Very few ever work out, or maximum value is usually never attained.

Price is a good goalie, I wouldn't say great, and to pay him like a great one, isn't good, nor smart business.

5yrs/$30M would be my max offer.(No no-trade clause) There are too many goalies out there who could replace him even if he were to walk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysHabs View Post
    I would be fine with both of those deal, moving forward into the new CBA and obvious higher salary cap, Gomez, Gionta, Gill, Markov, Kaberle (through trade), saving 2.7 mil per on trading Cammy, the Habs should be ok with that number. Especially for one of say the top 3 goalies in the league, even at 10 years, he will be 33 and still in his prime.
    Really? I don't see where he merits that kind of money.

Top 3 goalie in the league? No way.

save% -24th
    saves- 6th
    shutouts-24th
    wins-18th
    goals allowed-40th
    GAA-20th
    losses-6th

The losses cannot all be shouldered by him, as I think he is top 5 for shots against, so that isn't entirely his fault, poor defense in front of him at times.

But the rest? All on him. He is a good goalie, just no where near top 3 in the league, and should not be paid as such. Paying him that would just add to the dumb deals they have made in recent years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysHabs View Post
    Also, the Habs looked good last night, so happy to see a team that stays on the attack and doesnt sit on leads.

Gomez looked good too (but its one game). Maybe he lights it up for the next 5 weeks and someone takes him at the deadline.
    If we could only be that lucky.....

But he did look better. Maybe you're right, and it is a sign of things to come...

vCash
    Maybe I jumped the gun and am being biased towards Price, he is definately top 7 for sure, and being quite young, he will be a top 3 for the majority of any contract (minus injuries). Obv. this year, with the way the Habs have been playing, he may not have the numbers, but any team would make him their #1 in a heartbeat.

I would think (numbers aside, because they can at times make the average goalie looked great ie. Elliot in St. Lou) Rinne, Thomas (Rask), Lundqvist, Howard, Quick and Kipper. But then look at the teams (except for the Flames) that those goalies play for.

You put Price on one of those teams, lets say Vancouver (in the playoffs last year), I would think the Canucks win the series against Boston.

But your probably right about the term and money Taffi, ie. Dipietro, Bryzgalov, et al. So even though I wouldnt be upset about a big deal, your 5/30 would be good too.

vCash
    Price has been the victem of subpar defense in front of him all year ...

How can you stop 158 shots per game? A few will always get by.

We are such a mercurial lot us Habs fans ... A short year ago Price was a God ... now he is trash?

Anyway ... the easiest way to fix the Habs? Semtex! And start over.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123