Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    ^You are dreaming if you think Turner can net Rosario, Bettis or Brothers.
    You're probably right, but never under estimate the ability of GM's to give up too much out of desperation.

The Rockies took a shot at stealing Turner by offerring EYJ. When SA told them what to do with that offer, they tried to get Scutaro.

Turner is a young 2B under control for several years. He's not a great defender, but he could easily be a very productive hitter in Coors Field.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgometsgo View Post
    We should put a package deal together for some of these guys...Turner and Pelfrey, let's say for a bunch of prospects. Just saying...
    The Rockies want to have nothing to do with Pelfrey having a majority of his starts in Coors Field. This guy gets taken to the woodshed pitching at sealevel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. Magoo View Post
    you're probably right, but never under estimate the ability of gm's to give up too much out of desperation.

The rockies took a shot at stealing turner by offerring eyj. When sa told them what to do with that offer, they tried to get scutaro.

turner is a young 2b under control for several years. He's not a great defender, but he could easily be a very productive hitter in coors field.
    b-i-n-g-o

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgometsgo View Post
    We should put a package deal together for some of these guys...Turner and Pelfrey, let's say for a bunch of prospects. Just saying...
    Pelfrey has no trade value until he proves he's put last season behind him. If he pitches in 2012 like he did in 2010, he'll be moved in July.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Pelfrey has no trade value until he proves he's put last season behind him. If he pitches in 2012 like he did in 2010, he'll be moved in July.
    You mean when he stops pitching like "I am Sam". It's all mental with Pelf because physically he has the tools to be a very good pitcher. I believe he'll end up being one of those throw in guys in a trade in July.

vCash
    The Rockies got Scutaro, so this possible trade is not going to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The Rockies got Scutaro, so this possible trade is not going to happen.
    Good. If this was the previous regime EYJ would have already held up his Mets jersey by now. I like Turner, glad he's staying.

vCash
    Yeah, they sign guys who are much much better like Ronnie Cedeno.

vCash
    Yeah, they sign guys who are much much better like Ronnie Cedeno.
    They signed Cedeno as a free agent. They would have traded Turner who would have taken off in Colorado for EYJ who is GMJ redux.

vCash
    Alright then, they make trades for guys like Hu who were obviously much better than EYJ.

vCash
    Alright then, they make trades for guys like Hu who were obviously much better than EYJ.
    Whu?

vCash
    Moot point, guys. The Rockies got Scutuo from the Sawx for Clayton Mortensen.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    post 66

vCash
    Yeah I think this thread is finished. The story doesn't really hold much water anymore since the Rox got their SS/2B.

vCash
    post 66
    Well fine, then. You scooped me. I'm so embarassed, that I want to be premabanned.

-Sun Tzu

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast