Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 90
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    16,839
    vCash
    5000
    Not that Justin Turner is amazing, but this move doesn't make a great deal of sense. You're talking about trading a pinch hitter for a defensive replacement. Is there REALLY NOTHING to report?!

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    117
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    Personally I think EY Jr. has a higher ceiling, and provides more value to this team presently, but it's kind of an even trade, IMO.
    If it is an even trade, why make it? Turner was one of the bright spots last year and was a valuable contributor. What's the point? He's cheap and was diligent despite the fact the Mets gave the job to Emaus.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    Look at this potential trade in another way: If Torres is hurt, slumping or just needs a day off who bats leadoff???? Last year when Reyes was out we had a reluctant Pagan but at least we had a speedy guy at the top. Do you want Murphy, Thole or Tejada leading off on Torres' off days? While I like Turner he cannot play SS so if we have him we still need a SS and C and 4th outfielder/CFer type and likely someone who has power and is RH who can play RF and 1B if Duda or Davis are out of the lineup. These days benches are usually four or five guys so flexibility is important.

    CY's 26, cheap, a switch hitter, fast [49 SBs in 491 career ABs is excellent], batted between .244 and .247 in parts of all three seasons, can play 2B and LF and some CF and RF. We need flexibility and he fits the bill.
    He barely hit while playing his games in Colorado. His numbers will only go down just as his road splits suggest. He is not a good option since as the leadoff guy he will suck. The Mets would be better served with a healthy Murphy batting leadoff and running slow then they would with Young not getting on and not hitting worth a damn.
    Wilpons please release the fans from prison and SELL THIS TEAM. Bring back Paulies Girls. Please do not let prudes and hypocrites ruin some fun. PSD is an adult site, adults should not be offended by sexy women in small clothing.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    325
    vCash
    1500
    Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies "remain strongly interested" in a trade for Mets' infielder Justin Turner.
    The Rockies' efforts to acquire Marco Sctuaro from the Red Sox hit a snag, but Renck calls Turner a "more attainable target" to play second base. Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reported last month that the Rockies and Mets were talking about a deal that would send Turner to Colorado in exchange for Eric Young, Jr. The 27-year-old infielder batted .260/.334/.356 with four homers, 51 RBI and a .690 OPS over 487 plate appearances with New York last season. As of now, Chris Nelson, D.J. LeMahieu and Jonathan Herrera figure to compete for the Rockies' starting second base job during spring training. Related: Rockies, Eric Young Jr.
    Source: Denver Post Jan 20 - 7:14 PM

    (Picked up from Rotoworld)

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    17,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgometsgo View Post
    Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies "remain strongly interested" in a trade for Mets' infielder Justin Turner.
    The Rockies' efforts to acquire Marco Sctuaro from the Red Sox hit a snag, but Renck calls Turner a "more attainable target" to play second base. Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reported last month that the Rockies and Mets were talking about a deal that would send Turner to Colorado in exchange for Eric Young, Jr. The 27-year-old infielder batted .260/.334/.356 with four homers, 51 RBI and a .690 OPS over 487 plate appearances with New York last season. As of now, Chris Nelson, D.J. LeMahieu and Jonathan Herrera figure to compete for the Rockies' starting second base job during spring training. Related: Rockies, Eric Young Jr.
    Source: Denver Post Jan 20 - 7:14 PM

    (Picked up from Rotoworld)
    Colorado wants Turner. That mekes it a seller's market for the Mets. They don't need to trade JT.

    It's gonna take more than EYJ to get Turner. If the Mets were going to make this deal, it would have been done by now.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    325
    vCash
    1500
    I think they might be able to use EYJ's speed though, especially without Jose. But I agree that they should look to get more. Maybe trade for younger talent. They're not going to be in it this year, so I think they should continue to rebuild whenever they get a chance.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    17,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgometsgo View Post
    I think they might be able to use EYJ's speed though, especially without Jose. But I agree that they should look to get more. Maybe trade for younger talent. They're not going to be in it this year, so I think they should continue to rebuild whenever they get a chance.
    EYJ has no bat, and no real place on this team. He's a pinch runner on this team, and this team can't afford a roster spot for that.

    I do think this team could use a base stealer off the bench, but I'd rather bring back Esix Snead than lose Turner for EYJ.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,533
    vCash
    1500
    If this trade was going to happen it would have gone down by now. Not even the Mets are dumb enough to trade for a guy with no bat. We have players at second and third coming back from injuries, no reason to trade a guy who can fill in for both.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Scene of the Crime
    Posts
    7,677
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    If this trade was going to happen it would have gone down by now. Not even the Mets are dumb enough to trade for a guy with no bat. We have players at second and third coming back from injuries, no reason to trade a guy who can fill in for both.
    That's not even remotely true. From the looks of it, the Rockies wanted to move him elsewhere but couldn't, and now that the other options have fallen through, we may be the preferred destination.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Born in Brooklyn, New Jersey now.
    Posts
    1,439
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ReyesRulez View Post
    That's not even remotely true. From the looks of it, the Rockies wanted to move him elsewhere but couldn't, and now that the other options have fallen through, we may be the preferred destination.
    It doesn't seem that moving Young was their primary objective at all. They need a 2B. They talked to us about Turner before, and when rebuffed with Young, they knocked on Boston's door asking for Scutaro. Now they may be back, but not with Young, I hope.

    Young's speed and the fact that he is a switch hitter are attractive aspects. But the kid can't hit a lick. To be under .250 playing half your games in Coors is bad enough, but to have a career line of .181/.270/.207 away from Coors is downright miserable. This should be a no-deal deal.

    The Rockies have some pretty decent prospect that could fit in with us very well. If Alderson's phone rings with a request for Turner, I hope he asks for either Wilin Rosario, Chad Bettis or Rex Brothers in return.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,584
    vCash
    1500
    ^You are dreaming if you think Turner can net Rosario, Bettis or Brothers.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    vCash
    1500
    I agree, we won't get one of their top five prospects for Turner, but I'd take a young prospect, maybe someone in the 6-10 range for him.

    The 6-10 prospects according to minorleagueball.com:

    Tyler Anderson, LHP
    Willin Rosario, C
    Kyle Parker, OF
    Joe Gardner, RHP
    Josh Rutledge, SS

    I'll throw in their #11, since I agree that Rosario would probably not be a consideration since he is a catcher. #11 is Kent Matthes, OF.

    If they offered one of those guys and maybe threw in a very low level player I'd rather take that then the USELESS Eric Young.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,533
    vCash
    1500
    The Mets have a hard on for EYJ so if Turner gets traded there it's for him.
    Last edited by SILVER SEAVER; 01-21-2012 at 01:10 PM.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    24,928
    vCash
    1500
    Still hoping this is just nonsense speculation

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    325
    vCash
    1500
    We should put a package deal together for some of these guys...Turner and Pelfrey, let's say for a bunch of prospects. Just saying...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •