Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by So Co Jo View Post
    the point of bringing up murphy was that his defense was horrible, and that it wasnt until last season that he became any good at it. eric young jr can play defense, and cant hit that well but he at least has speed on his side. Young's defense is more of a benefit to this team is more than turners.. and who knows, he might develop his bat here. coors field makes everyone try and hit one out.. if he changes his approach to this park he could put up some good numbers
    Good points, I agree.

vCash
    According to metsblog Turner for Young isnt being discussed. Thank god.

vCash
    Young is fast and can steal and can walk, those are the 2 things going for him. His defense is not great by any means at least it has not shown as far as some defensive metrics go. On the downside the dude has zero power.

Turner is expendable because the Mets got good 2nd base depth. The Mets also lack guys who can play CF.

Its a meh trade at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    This would be a great trade, I think Eric Young needs a change of scenery. He is fast as ****, and that itself is valuable off the bench. He can play the OF and 2B which is good versatility.

Justin Turner is utter garbage defensively, and I don't want to hear anything about him filling in at SS. He's not that great of a hitter either and we have plenty of depth at 2B.
    So is Usain Bolt but I wouldn't want him playing for the Mets. What good is speed anyway if you can't get on base? Low OBP and SLG%, just what this team needs.

vCash
    The point is probably moot since they're saying that they aren't discussing this trade, but . . .

Yesterday I was really down on it because Young's away splits are absolutely terrible. But in rethinking it, Turner is probably at his upside, while Young has a lot of room to grow. His plate discipline actually isn't bad (26BB/38K last year) and his OBP has improved each year. If he can learn to make better contact, bunt his way on, etc, he might turn into a fairly good leadoff hitter.

But his stats away from Coors still scare the ***** out of me.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    So is Usain Bolt but I wouldn't want him playing for the Mets. What good is speed anyway if you can't get on base? Low OBP and SLG%, just what this team needs.
    He had a .342 OBP, not so bad. He is fast so it kind of helps his low SLG since he can just steal 2nd base.

vCash
    He had a .342 OBP, not so bad. He is fast so it kind of helps his low SLG since he can just steal 2nd base.
    .342 last season but .324 for his career. Hard to get a read on a guy when he has under 500 plate appearances in three seasons but all signs show that even though he may be fast he doesn't nearly get on base enough to make it second base.

vCash
    Turner's value to this team in the infield is much more higher than getting EYJ as a fourth outfielder.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    I have yet to get a response from my "insider" working for the Rockies. I've left both a phone message on his cell and an e-mail.

Perhaps, he was told not to say anything to anybody. This is the first time he hasn't responded to me. He was the guy who used to get me my Rockies tickets for many of the games I attended. They were always choice seats within the 1st and 3rd base lines at field level......no charge too.

My Vote For 2014 Mets Starting SS.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    the obp is pretty nice considering the low average, id go for it

turner isnt anything special

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Since it's after midnight and I never heard from my "insider" Rockies employee I can only speculate he had no worthy news of a Turner for Young swap.

I know he got my messages for sure.

My Vote For 2014 Mets Starting SS.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Are you kidding me ? I would love to have Usain Bolt on the Mets. Station Jason Bay next to the LF line, Duda next to the RF line and Bolt in CF..WE would have one of the best defensive outfields of all time.

vCash
    .342 last season but .324 for his career. Hard to get a read on a guy when he has under 500 plate appearances in three seasons but all signs show that even though he may be fast he doesn't nearly get on base enough to make it second base.
    Look at this potential trade in another way: If Torres is hurt, slumping or just needs a day off who bats leadoff???? Last year when Reyes was out we had a reluctant Pagan but at least we had a speedy guy at the top. Do you want Murphy, Thole or Tejada leading off on Torres' off days? While I like Turner he cannot play SS so if we have him we still need a SS and C and 4th outfielder/CFer type and likely someone who has power and is RH who can play RF and 1B if Duda or Davis are out of the lineup. These days benches are usually four or five guys so flexibility is important.

CY's 26, cheap, a switch hitter, fast [49 SBs in 491 career ABs is excellent], batted between .244 and .247 in parts of all three seasons, can play 2B and LF and some CF and RF. We need flexibility and he fits the bill.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    This would be a great trade, I think Eric Young needs a change of scenery. He is fast as ****, and that itself is valuable off the bench. He can play the OF and 2B which is good versatility.

Justin Turner is utter garbage defensively, and I don't want to hear anything about him filling in at SS. He's not that great of a hitter either and we have plenty of depth at 2B.
    You must watch a different game than I do. I would never say Justin Turner is utter garbage defensively. As for his hitting, Turner was one of the few guys last year that hit in the clutch when called upon. And finally, depth at 2nd base? You must be kidding me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    Are you kidding me ? I would love to have Usain Bolt on the Mets. Station Jason Bay next to the LF line, Duda next to the RF line and Bolt in CF..WE would have one of the best defensive outfields of all time.
    The only thing Bolt can catch is a cold.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast