Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Rubin's source suggested that sending infielder Justin Turner to Colorado might get the deal done for New York.
    ^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Exactly my sentiments.

No power, but speedy.
    No power, low batting average, but speedy. I think Torres is a better option as a 4th OF.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    This would be a great trade, I think Eric Young needs a change of scenery. He is fast as ****, and that itself is valuable off the bench. He can play the OF and 2B which is good versatility.

Justin Turner is utter garbage defensively, and I don't want to hear anything about him filling in at SS. He's not that great of a hitter either and we have plenty of depth at 2B.

vCash
    Also Niese was mentioned in that article, so maybe we can trade Niese and Turner in a package for Arenado, Rosario and Young maybe.

vCash
    I have no problem with that.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I have no problem with that.
    With my trade scenario or the article of trading Turner for Young?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    This would be a great trade, I think Eric Young needs a change of scenery. He is fast as ****, and that itself is valuable off the bench. He can play the OF and 2B which is good versatility.

Justin Turner is utter garbage defensively, and I don't want to hear anything about him filling in at SS. He's not that great of a hitter either and we have plenty of depth at 2B.

He's not "utter garbage" defensively. He is somewhat challenged, but hits enough to make him a serviceable second baseman. If he can get us back something of value, I'd trade him in a heartbeat. We have enough depth at 2B with Murphy, Havens, Valdespin, Tejada (if we get a SS), Satin, and others. And NO, Turner can not play SS. If all we can get back for Turner is EYJ, I'd keep him.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Turner for Young makes no sense...

Neither are Alderson's "Moneyball" type players. Young will not fill any holes that need fixing...

Turner compliments Murphy well at 2B and hit 30 Doubles last year...

Young will give you nothing... As he has given nothing for anyone anywhere yet...

vCash
    The way our infielders get injured they'd be foolish to trade Turner for that flop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    He's not "utter garbage" defensively. He is somewhat challenged, but hits enough to make him a serviceable second baseman. If he can get us back something of value, I'd trade him in a heartbeat. We have enough depth at 2B with Murphy, Havens, Valdespin, Tejada (if we get a SS), Satin, and others. And NO, Turner can not play SS. If all we can get back for Turner is EYJ, I'd keep him.
    He has no range and does not turn the double play well at all. He is not good defensively. Murphy is much better if he can stay healthy because he actually has some range.

Since we have other guys to play 2B, getting some speed from Young is just what we need. We lost Jose and Angel, so we are missing many stolen bases now.

vCash
    With my trade scenario or the article of trading Turner for Young?
    The former.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    The former.
    Yeah, I think it's a fair deal for both sides. Turner could be a good everyday 2B in that ballpark. Niese is more GB oriented which is attractive for pitching at Coors Field.

Arenado would give us a high upside prospect at 3B or corner OF, and Rosario would be able to step in as our everyday catcher sometime mid-season.

vCash
    how can some of you say eric young jr is a bust when we have a guy like murphy on our team, who was a bust until this past season. young jr fits this team better than turner does. we need speedy defensive outfielders.. he can bridge the gap to our prospect outfielders, and I really think we're going to see havens/valdespin this year
    I'm just that damn nice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by So Co Jo View Post
    how can some of you say eric young jr is a bust when we have a guy like murphy on our team, who was a bust until this past season. young jr fits this team better than turner does. we need speedy defensive outfielders.. he can bridge the gap to our prospect outfielders, and I really think we're going to see havens/valdespin this year
    How can you say Murphy was a bust?? He was pretty good in 2009, .266/.313/.427 is not bad for a rookie season. However I agree that Young would fit well here. It's not encouraging that he could not hit in Coors Field though.

vCash
    How can you say Murphy was a bust?? He was pretty good in 2009, .266/.313/.427 is not bad for a rookie season. However I agree that Young would fit well here. It's not encouraging that he could not hit in Coors Field though.
    the point of bringing up murphy was that his defense was horrible, and that it wasnt until last season that he became any good at it. eric young jr can play defense, and cant hit that well but he at least has speed on his side. Young's defense is more of a benefit to this team is more than turners.. and who knows, he might develop his bat here. coors field makes everyone try and hit one out.. if he changes his approach to this park he could put up some good numbers
    I'm just that damn nice

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast