Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Eric Young Jr. for Justin Turner?!?!

ESPN New York's Adam Rubin reports that the Mets are "eyeing" Rockies utilityman Eric Young Jr.

Rubin's source suggested that sending infielder Justin Turner to Colorado might get the deal done for New York. Young batted just .247/.342/.298 in 229 plate appearances this past year with the Rockies, then had a poor showing in the Venezuelan Winter League. But he still has some upside and might make sense as a buy-low option for the rebuilding Metropolitans. Related: Mets, Justin Turner

Source: ESPN New York Dec 20 - 12:12 PM
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...yeing-young-jr

Via ROTOWORLD http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/mlb/baseball?r=1

vCash
    Somebodies got to point out the upside on this one to me. I like Turner, but it would be short sighted of me not to believe he gonna get a little better. Is this a trade about Turner ability or the need for a Endy type outfielder with speed.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    He's old and not in the greatest shape anymore. Speed was his best asset. Not sure he has it anymore. I don't see any point in this either.

vCash
    Personally I think EY Jr. has a higher ceiling, and provides more value to this team presently, but it's kind of an even trade, IMO.

vCash
    Eric Young Jr. is a local kid (well, not really a kid anymore) from Piscattaway, NJ!
    Last edited by letsgometsgo; 12-20-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Clarification

vCash
    He is going to be 27 and cant hit his way out of a paper bag so far in his MLB career.
    He was great in AAA tho

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    I just posted this from MetsBlog on the prospect thread by accident too.

http://www.metsblog.com/2011/12/20/e...-young-turner/

The Mets have expressed interest in Rockies OF-2B Eric Young Jr., a source told ESPNNewYork.com, according to Adam Rubin.

Rubin says that Justin Turner could ‘get the deal done,’ and that the two sides have also discussed Jon Niese.

So, this is a double post. Anyway, when I lived in Denver EY Jr. was highly regarded, but I never cared for him.

At this point, I don't know what to think.

I had e-mailed my "insider" who works for the Rockies a few days ago when Niese's name came up with the Rockies, but my guy never e-mailed me back.

I'll shoot him another e-mail and see if he gets back with me. I will report in as soon as I hear from him. I'm going to call him too.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    He is going to be 27 and cant hit his way out of a paper bag so far in his MLB career.
    He was great in AAA tho
    Exactly my sentiments.

No power, but speedy.

Mets Dieharder Since '63

vCash
    Looks like Havens has a shot to win the job out of spring training.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    How is this a bad move? Turner isn't our starting second basemen and he isn't our 2B of the future. Young can play 2B and outfield while also bringing speed to the game. I'll take the speedy guy who can play 2B, LF,RF, and CF over the guy who is strictly a utility infielder.

He may not be able to hit, but he walks a ton.

vCash
    This would get an "Oh, ok" out of me if it happened. EY brings some speed. Turner isn't very good. It's a wash, IMO.
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ritz View Post
    This would get an "Oh, ok" out of me if it happened. EY brings some speed. Turner isn't very good. It's a wash, IMO.
    Respectfully disagree.

Although Turner may not be an everyday 2B, he was one of our best clutch hitters besides Murphy. His value is off the bench.

Mets Dieharder Since '63

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanthree15 View Post
    How is this a bad move? Turner isn't our starting second basemen and he isn't our 2B of the future. Young can play 2B and outfield while also bringing speed to the game. I'll take the speedy guy who can play 2B, LF,RF, and CF over the guy who is strictly a utility infielder.

So you'd prefer a speedy utility outfielder who can't hit over a not so speedy utility infielder who can.

You may want to check your math on that one.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanthree15 View Post

Im not quite following.
    Turner isnt our starter right now, so that means he has no value and we should trade him for a lesser player?

Utility infielders who can actually hit usually have more value than utility outfielders that cannot.
    Especially when you look at the makeup of this team with big unknowns at 2B and SS.

Crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned
    vCash
    If you are multiple utility guy then defense is paramount, if EYJ has better defense then I can see it, where the Rox might want more offense or more of a regular player then it is a fit for both teams.
    RIP Paul Kuznetz aka uapeople

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast