Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Toronto Blue Jays Clubhouse

Toronto Blue Jays

GM: torontosports10 & Matt-the-Great
    Asst: RFrick6
    Manager: John Farrell

Payroll:$95,000,000 (+5,000,000 from White Sox)
    Used: $$79,161,000
    Remaining: $20,839,000

Salaries:
    http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/200...e-jays_05.html

Starting Pitchers:

1.David Price ($7,800,000)
    2.Ricky Romero ($5,000,000)
    3.John Danks ($7,600,000)
    4.Brandon Morrow ($4,200,000)
    5.Henderson Alvarez ($443,000)
    6.Brett Cecil ($443,000)

Relief Pitchers:

Casey Janssen($1,600,000)
    Joel Carreno ($443,000)
    Carlos Villaneuva($1,900,000)
    Dustin McGowen($700,000)
    Sergio Santos ($1,000,000)

Starting Lineup:

BJ Upton ($7,600,000)
    Colby Rasmus ($2,300,000)
    Evan Longoria ($4,500,000)
    Kelly Johnson ($5,000,000)
    Edwin Encarnacion($3,500,000)
    Adam Lind ($5,000,000)
    JP Arencibia ($420,000)
    Travis Snider ($443,000)
    Carlos Quentin ($6,600,000)
    Paul Konerko ($12,000,000)

Bench Players:

Eric Thames ($420,000)
    Rajai Davis ($2,750,000)
    David Cooper ($420,000)
    Mike McCoy ($433,000)
    Adeiny Hechavarria ($2,000,000)

Top Prospects:

1) Nestor Molina, RHP, Grade B+: Ranking the Blue Jays pitching prospects is quite difficult. Although Molina hasn't received as much press as some of the other guys, his performance was impeccable, I think his stuff is underrated, and he'll get to the majors sooner than the others. Despite his season, he is still underrated by a lot of people.

2) Jake Marisnick, OF, Grade B+: Speed, defense, and a greatly improved bat. More power development would get him into the A-range.

3) Hak-Ju Lee, SS, Grade B+: Excellent defense and took a step forward with the hitting this year, should provide batting average, speed, solid OBP. I'm not worried about his bad month in Double-A.

4) Noah Syndergaard, RHP, Grade B+: I'm a believer in his stats, his size, his command, and his fastball, and I think the secondary stuff will come around. Can easily be in the A-range next year.

5) Justin Nicolino, LHP, Grade B+: I think Syndergaard's ultimate ceiling is a bit higher, but Nicolino isn't far behind, and is more polished with his secondary pitches. Could also be in the A-range next year.

6) Daniel Norris, LHP, Grade B+: Higher physical ceiling than Nicolino, but I want to see him in pro ball before ranking him ahead.

7) Deck McGuire, RHP, Grade B+ Doesn't have the ceiling of the younger guys, but should be a solid inning-eater at worst and won't need much longer in the minors.

8) Drew Hutchison, RHP, Grade B+. You can't argue with his results even if he doesn't have as much physical upside as the guys ahead. Like McGuire, an efficiency expert who should chew through innings.

9) A.J. Jimenez, C, Grade B-: Superior defensive skills and hits for average, even steals a few bases. How much power will he develop?

10) Aaron Sanchez, RHP, Grade B-: Very high upside arm, didn't blossom as some of the other guys did, but that could come in 2012 with some command refinements.

11) Adonys Cardona, RHP, Grade B-: High-upside projectable big-bonus arm from Venezuela, rookie ball performance was spotty but he is very young. Potential for a much higher grade next year.

12) Jacob Anderson, OF, Grade B-: Power bat from California high school ranks, looked strong in very brief rookie ball debut, high power ceiling.

13) Dwight Smith, Jr, OF, Grade B-: Pure hitter from Georgia high school ranks, and I think his tools may be underrated. Need some professional data before ranking higher.

14) Joe Musgrove, RHP, Grade B-: High school arm from 2011 draft looking to repeat what Nicolino and Syndergaard did this year. Big body, good stuff, showed good control in rookie ball debut.

15) Matt Dean, 3B, Grade B-: Another upside guy from 2011 draft that we need to see in pro ball. Potential to hit for power, hit for average, and provide solid defense at third.

16) Adeiny Hechavarria, SS, Grade C+: Borderline B-. I like the glove, but I think the Vegas numbers were a fluke. Could turn out similar to the Alex Gonzalezi. I might be underrating him a bit but he's never looked good with the bat when I've seen him.

17) Joel Carreno, RHP, Grade C+: Borderline B-. Ready for the majors. Should provide strong middle relief innings and could be a closer eventually.

18) Chad Jenkins, RHP, Grade C+: Borderline B-. In many systems he would be a top ten prospect as an inning-eating number four starter. Here he may end up as trade bait.

19) Marcus Knecht, OF, Grade C+: Prototype right field tools, good power, will have to see about his batting average. You can make a B- case.

20) Moises Sierra, OF, Grade C+: Tools outfielder with power/speed package made progress in Double-A.

21) Michael Crouse, OF, Grade C+: Another power/speed outfielder with a high ceiling but needing work with his approach.

22) Roberto Osuna, RHP, Grade C+: Pitched in the Mexican League at age 16. Tremendous ceiling, but could develop in any number of ways, talent to be in the top ten or higher in coming years if he develops properly.
    http://bullpenbanter.com/index.php?o...cles&Itemid=11

Trades:

Blue Jays get:
    Evan Longoria ($4,500,000)
    BJ Upton ($7,600,000)
    David Price ($7,800,000)
    Hak-Ju Lee (Prospect)

Rays get:
    Jose Bautista ($14,000,000)
    Yunel Escobar ($5,000,000)
    Brett Lawrie ($440,000)

Paul Konerko (12 million)
    John Danks (7.6 million)
    Sergio Santos (1 million)
    Carlos Quentin (6.6 million)
    5 million Salary

Total Cap Difference: +$15,900,000 million
    Salary Cap:$95 million
    Spent:$79,161,000

White Sox in:
    Travis d'Arnaud (prospect)
    Anthony Gose (prospect)
    Kyle Drebek (440,000)
    Asher Wojciechowski (prospect)
    Carlos Perez (prospect)
    Travis Snider (440,000)
    Mark Teahen (5,500,000)
    Last edited by torontosports10; 12-19-2011 at 01:57 PM.
    "If beer has never touched your lips, if you never dropped the mitts or packed a lip, you are not a hockey player, and if you are, chances are your not a very good one"

Toddy Bertuzzi

vCash
    Bump so I dont have to go searching for it all the time.
    "If beer has never touched your lips, if you never dropped the mitts or packed a lip, you are not a hockey player, and if you are, chances are your not a very good one"

Toddy Bertuzzi

vCash
    Which clubby do you guys want?

You cant have 2

Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Yea, use his. He wanted to make it, and I did this one right away.

Toddy Bertuzzi

vCash
    Can we keep this one, until he fully updates the other?

Toddy Bertuzzi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torontosports10 View Post
    Can we keep this one, until he fully updates the other?
    i'm updating it soon, delete this one. i have the info