Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Can the HEAT win it all by playing smallball all year long?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 54.17%
  • No

    11 45.83%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    777
    vCash
    1500
    our roster is built for it ,

    Battier can play 2/3/4
    Wade 1/2
    Lebron 1-5
    Miller 2-3
    Haslem 4-5
    Bosh 4-5
    Jones 2-3

    Its what is gonan keep us running as long as spo distributes minutes well , like tonight pulling our starters out asap no one over 30 mins those are gonna be key having victories like these to do that

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    camped outside American Airlines Arena
    Posts
    19,850
    vCash
    1500
    Just wanted to see if anyone feels different after having a full season to see how this small ball experiment has faired.

    If you're aren't a pissed off Heat fan after the way this season has played out, you're not a Heat fan.
    Last edited by Wade>You; 04-14-2012 at 01:23 PM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,880
    vCash
    1503
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>You View Post
    Just wanted to see if anyone feels different after having a full season to see how this small ball experiment has faired.

    If you're aren't a pissed off Heat fan after the way this season has played out, you're not a Heat fan.


    the big3+ miller and haslem were going great vs. the bulls tuesday night until haslem had to sit with diarrhea

    What is your answer? Anthony isn't, turiaf isn't, pittman isn't....And dont say pittman is becuase he had one good game vs a d league team

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    camped outside American Airlines Arena
    Posts
    19,850
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post


    the big3+ miller and haslem were going great vs. the bulls tuesday night until haslem had to sit with diarrhea

    What is your answer? Anthony isn't, turiaf isn't, pittman isn't....And dont say pittman is becuase he had one good game vs a d league team
    I didn't watch the entirety of the Bulls game. I did get to see the last minutes of the 4th quarter and the OT where the Heat collapsed (again). Regardless, one game of "would've, could've, and didn't" doesn't erase one season of the same worn out excuses .

    I understand you're part of this new generation of fans that never saw a game of basketball played outside of a stat sheet, but either way, here's the bottom line: The Heat's defense w/ Pittman in the game is the only time they've ever looked like they could win a championship this year (and last year, for that matter) . The same applies to Terrell Harris when talking about defending perimeter players.

    I know people are just mad because like I said: I always come back to throw the (feces) back in your face for all the trolling you guys did.

    But how about owning up to your mistakes and admitting that this team was doomed for failure the minute Spo decided to do things his way?

    It's all good, though, your attempts to still prove that you're right, I'm wrong, Spo is a good coach, and that small ball can win championships, is all I need to hear. Nowadays, it's the closest thing to an apology and admission of fault that you'll see on an internet sports forum.
    Last edited by Wade>You; 04-14-2012 at 02:28 PM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,880
    vCash
    1503


    You only come here when we are losing and never winning. You'r a joke.

    We can win with small ball, what we cant win with is our big 3 playing less than the all stars they are. Pittman is a nice young talent but he hasn't shown anything vs elite competition.
    Last edited by justinnum1; 04-14-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: forgot the apostrophe on you'r

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MIAMI
    Posts
    9,257
    vCash
    1500
    This team has it's flaws, certainly, but I vehemently reject the notion that the only "true" HEAT fans are the ones that are "pissed off." That's ridiculous.

    I could just as easily denounce you as a fair-weather fan for not being behind this team as fully as many others on here, but that too would be ridiculous.

    People are entitled to their opinions. And someone having an opinion different from your own doesn't make that person any less of a fan than you.
    Last edited by gotoHcarolina52; 04-14-2012 at 03:52 PM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    4,775
    vCash
    1500
    the more early offense possessions the better for the offense.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    11,370
    vCash
    500
    Pittman played and sucked... looking back on this thread, my expectations were truly "over zealous".

    Bosh, Turiaf, Haslem... and small ball FTW!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    camped outside American Airlines Arena
    Posts
    19,850
    vCash
    1500
    I'm wondering if anyone's perceptions have changed.

    I know people here despise me, but don't let that be the only reason you thought we could win a title playing small.

    This was a flawed concept from the beginning and we should've been using the regular season as time to see what we have in Pittman and have him ready for a playoff run.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,880
    vCash
    1503
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>You View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone's perceptions have changed.

    I know people here despise me, but don't let that be the only reason you thought we could win a title playing small.

    This was a flawed concept from the beginning and we should've been using the regular season as time to see what we have in Pittman and get him ready for the playoffs.
    Ok, now its obvious you didn't watch the game tonight. Exposed.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    camped outside American Airlines Arena
    Posts
    19,850
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    Ok, now its obvious you didn't watch the game tonight. Exposed.
    I'll be honest. I got in late and started watching when we were down 11-2, but 3 minutes? Is that it? You're gonna write off Pittman after 3 minutes, but you're willing to give Battier and Joel an entire season (3 in Joel's case) and 49 min combined tonight to prove to you that they suck?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,880
    vCash
    1503
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>You View Post
    I'll be honest. I got in late and started watching when we were down 11-2, but 3 minutes? Is that it? You're gonna write off Pittman after 3 minutes, but you're willing to give Battier and Joel an entire season (3 in Joel's case) and 49 min combined tonight to prove to you that they suck?
    Battier has sucked ***, so has james jones, james jones has been worse than battier. Miller is hurt and is a massive liability on defense, his hustle and rebounding isnt there.

    Joel gives us great energy, but who else are you going to play? We were down by 9 with pittman in, pittman was pure trash, as in doesnt deserve to see another minute of the playoffs, thats how bad he was. He was a ****ing joke out there.

    so who should play over battier? James jones who isnt good on d and hast made a 3 in this series, or miller who is hurt and giving up twice the amount of points he scores, and not rebounding or hustling?

    Who should play instead of joel? Turiaf? ok, maybe, he cant play teh whole game tho. Dont say pittman, i will laugh.

    Are you not seeing how bad out bench is? How can you blame spo when no matter who he puts in 75% of our players are trash right now.

    I would have thought you were happy at spo for listening to you and starting pittman, but pittman was so awful it was a joke, he had to be pulled after 3 min so we werent blown out early. We didnt go on our run until joel was put in the game. No one we have can guard hibbert, we need to prevent him from getting the ball close to the rim and i expect that will be an adjustment made.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    camped outside American Airlines Arena
    Posts
    19,850
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    Battier has sucked ***, so has james jones, james jones has been worse than battier. Miller is hurt and is a massive liability on defense, his hustle and rebounding isnt there.

    Joel gives us great energy, but who else are you going to play? We were down by 9 with pittman in, pittman was pure trash, as in doesnt deserve to see another minute of the playoffs, thats how bad he was. He was a ****ing joke out there.

    so who should play over battier? James jones who isnt good on d and hast made a 3 in this series, or miller who is hurt and giving up twice the amount of points he scores, and not rebounding or hustling?

    Who should play instead of joel? Turiaf? ok, maybe, he cant play teh whole game tho. Dont say pittman, i will laugh.


    Are you not seeing how bad out bench is? How can you blame spo when no matter who he puts in 75% of our players are trash right now.

    I would have thought you were happy at spo for listening to you and starting pittman, but pittman was so awful it was a joke, he had to be pulled after 3 min so we werent blown out early. We didnt go on our run until joel was put in the game. No one we have can guard hibbert, we need to prevent him from getting the ball close to the rim and i expect that will be an adjustment made.
    He hasn't played a game in over 3 weeks. Rust might be a factor.

    Not like it matters to this thread's topic, but I would've liked to see Pittman and Haslem starting, the only two good, tough players we have at their position at the moment. Turiaf would be my choice after Pittman at Center. All 3 Cs need to see playing time.

    Therefore, we wouldn't have needed JJ/Battier/Miller since LeBron would start at SF.


    The thread is about small ball in general, not tonight's game. You can't blame the players for playing small ball, not their decision to make, so don't even try to argue that.

    Spo has kept the tighest leash on Pittman than any other player on our team, so I didn't expect it to last unless Pittman came out playing like an MVP. And even then, he wouldn't have played many minutes afterwards. Pittman rarely cracked the 20min mark this season as it is.

  14. 05-21-2012, 08:19 AM
    Reason
    Duplicate account

  15. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    Posts
    2,268
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    We are going to be running and gunning like a mofo! Lets be serious here, we where one of the fastest teams with the best defense last year with a bunch of old dinosaurs surrounding our core. Now we're younger, lighter, and more agile.

    WTF is the fastbreak record?

    I voted YES, so lookout.
    So, I guess I was right.

  16. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,930
    vCash
    1500
    C'mon guys. Stop bumping up old threads. We haven't won it yet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •