Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 89

Thread: The Bank

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Next door
    Posts
    11,400
    vCash
    1500
    The cleveland indians would like to increase their budget from 50 M to 75 M.

    Last year, we accomplished our goal of cutting expensive and rather crappy contracts and found ourselves at just 49M payroll. We feel that if our budget were similar to that which we had in prior seasons, we can field a very competitive team and we could take advantage of a rather weak AL central. The white sox are in complete rebuilding mode, the royals are still a couple years from contending, the twins are reeling, only the Tigers look to be very competitive in 2012. If we are able to make a few more additions to our already strong core of Kipnis, Cabrera, Santana, Choo, Jimenez and Masterson, we could very likely push for 90+ wins and a division title.

    By raising our payroll to 75 M, you would only be committing as much as you have roughly in recent years.
    2010-61M
    2009-81M
    2008-78M
    Allow us to add another arm and another bat and we promise you won't be disappointed when we field an exciting and competitive team.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Boogie Down Bronx!
    Posts
    8,141
    vCash
    935
    The Kansas City Royals request an increase in their budget.

    2011: $ 38,176,000
    2010: $ 74,985,210
    2009: $ 70,519,333
    2008: $ 58,245,500
    2007: $ 67,166,500

    the past years the budget has been around 70 mill. Besides last year when it dropped to 38M. We request an increase because we have a talented offensive team that can help the Royals contend in the AL Central. The increase in budget would be used in fixing up the pitching rotation and some vet hitters. The team had a low payroll mainly because we have a lot of young players who earn little. But those young players with additions of vets can help turn this team into a surprise. But we can't build on that the youth we have with our current budget.

    Also the 2011 budget was low mainly because former pitcher Gil Meche retired and did not earn his 12M that would of counted towards the 2011 budget which would of brought the payroll to about 50M. So it wasn't like the Royals were cutting payroll, Meche retired and left money on the table.

    We feel like we have a solid offense to build on but we need pitching which is why we request more budget.

    Looking over the previous years, we think $65mil is reasonable.

    Thank you.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    22,706
    vCash
    8600
    The Detriot Tigers would like to request an increase in payroll.

    Currently our limit is at 107M. We've had salaries of 137M, 115M, and 122M in the past 3 seasons. With the acquisition of Carl Crawford we think this offense has what it takes to seriously compete and move us past the ALCS and into World Series. We're asking for a bump to 130M so we can be big players in Free Agency and bring another top tier pitcher behind the MVP Justin Verlander such as CC Sabathia or CJ Wilson. We'd also like to improve the infield with another acquisition at 2B. Even with the Red Sox eating more than half of Carls contract we feel like we need more cap space to seriously active in trades and free agency to compete.

    We feel like adding this money will make is serious contenders this year. We hope you see the same way and will help bring a World Series trophy to the Motor City



    SOON



  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    10,768
    vCash
    1500
    The Milwaukee Brewers would like to ask for an increase in payroll.

    2011: $ 83,590,833
    2010: $ 90,408,000
    2009: $ 80,182,502
    2008: $ 80,937,499
    2007: $ 70,986,500

    We appreciate the ownership's consistent dedication to our squad, as seen by the almost constant increase in payroll over the payroll. However, we feel that now is finally the time for us to make our serious World Series push. Being within 2 games of the world series last year gives us the taste of disappointment, but also the dedication to improve. We are currently exhausting every trade route possible to boost our now Prince Fielder-less infield, and feel that our outfield and pitching staff is already capable of contention (not meaning that we wouldn't try to improve there as well, as it is a possibility). However, the best route in ensuring that our team still is capable of supremacy is attempting to re-sign Prince Fielder, or another top tier infielder such as Pujols, Reyes, etc.. Our payroll is currently at $84,000,000 and with us having less than $10,000,000 left, this would not be possible. So, the Brewers would like to ask for a new payroll of $105,000,000 to give us the chance to sign these top tier free agents, as well as possibly absorb some money in a trade that greatly improves our team. We feel like we are one big move away from a World Series, and with this extra money we believe that we can make that belief become a reality.
    Detroit Pistons: SIM LEAGUE CHAMPS

    Jrue Holiday-Bradley Beal-Lance Stephenson-Kevin Love-DeMarcus Cousins

    Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,580
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    The Milwaukee Brewers would like to ask for an increase in payroll.

    2011: $ 83,590,833
    2010: $ 90,408,000
    2009: $ 80,182,502
    2008: $ 80,937,499
    2007: $ 70,986,500

    We appreciate the ownership's consistent dedication to our squad, as seen by the almost constant increase in payroll over the payroll. However, we feel that now is finally the time for us to make our serious World Series push. Being within 2 games of the world series last year gives us the taste of disappointment, but also the dedication to improve. We are currently exhausting every trade route possible to boost our now Prince Fielder-less infield, and feel that our outfield and pitching staff is already capable of contention (not meaning that we wouldn't try to improve there as well, as it is a possibility). However, the best route in ensuring that our team still is capable of supremacy is attempting to re-sign Prince Fielder, or another top tier infielder such as Pujols, Reyes, etc.. Our payroll is currently at $84,000,000 and with us having less than $10,000,000 left, this would not be possible. So, the Brewers would like to ask for a new payroll of $105,000,000 to give us the chance to sign these top tier free agents, as well as possibly absorb some money in a trade that greatly improves our team. We feel like we are one big move away from a World Series, and with this extra money we believe that we can make that belief become a reality.
    The bank likes your plea for a higher cap and have decided that your cap will be raised to $100,000,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude901 View Post
    The Detriot Tigers would like to request an increase in payroll.

    Currently our limit is at 107M. We've had salaries of 137M, 115M, and 122M in the past 3 seasons. With the acquisition of Carl Crawford we think this offense has what it takes to seriously compete and move us past the ALCS and into World Series. We're asking for a bump to 130M so we can be big players in Free Agency and bring another top tier pitcher behind the MVP Justin Verlander such as CC Sabathia or CJ Wilson. We'd also like to improve the infield with another acquisition at 2B. Even with the Red Sox eating more than half of Carls contract we feel like we need more cap space to seriously active in trades and free agency to compete.

    We feel like adding this money will make is serious contenders this year. We hope you see the same way and will help bring a World Series trophy to the Motor City
    We think the Tigers are serious contenders and love the acquisition of Carl Crawford, the bank has decided to raise your cap to $120,000,000 and hope you use it wisely.

    Quote Originally Posted by knicks_champ View Post
    The Kansas City Royals request an increase in their budget.

    2011: $ 38,176,000
    2010: $ 74,985,210
    2009: $ 70,519,333
    2008: $ 58,245,500
    2007: $ 67,166,500

    the past years the budget has been around 70 mill. Besides last year when it dropped to 38M. We request an increase because we have a talented offensive team that can help the Royals contend in the AL Central. The increase in budget would be used in fixing up the pitching rotation and some vet hitters. The team had a low payroll mainly because we have a lot of young players who earn little. But those young players with additions of vets can help turn this team into a surprise. But we can't build on that the youth we have with our current budget.

    Also the 2011 budget was low mainly because former pitcher Gil Meche retired and did not earn his 12M that would of counted towards the 2011 budget which would of brought the payroll to about 50M. So it wasn't like the Royals were cutting payroll, Meche retired and left money on the table.

    We feel like we have a solid offense to build on but we need pitching which is why we request more budget.

    Looking over the previous years, we think $65mil is reasonable.

    Thank you.
    As we don't feel the Royals will be serious contenders any time soon, we can not invest that much money into you guys. But we will raise your cap to a very reasonable $53,000,000

    Quote Originally Posted by F*(&"Next Year" View Post
    The cleveland indians would like to increase their budget from 50 M to 75 M.

    Last year, we accomplished our goal of cutting expensive and rather crappy contracts and found ourselves at just 49M payroll. We feel that if our budget were similar to that which we had in prior seasons, we can field a very competitive team and we could take advantage of a rather weak AL central. The white sox are in complete rebuilding mode, the royals are still a couple years from contending, the twins are reeling, only the Tigers look to be very competitive in 2012. If we are able to make a few more additions to our already strong core of Kipnis, Cabrera, Santana, Choo, Jimenez and Masterson, we could very likely push for 90+ wins and a division title.

    By raising our payroll to 75 M, you would only be committing as much as you have roughly in recent years.
    2010-61M
    2009-81M
    2008-78M
    Allow us to add another arm and another bat and we promise you won't be disappointed when we field an exciting and competitive team.
    As we don't know how competitive you will be, the bank is willing to take the chance with the Indians and we will grant you the cap raise to $75,000,000
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    Mr, Dewitt and Hanser,

    We come to you today with a very intriguing and interesting proposal that'll help build a dynasty. As you guys know were coming of an amazing year which had it's highs and lows but ultimately in the end led to us winning another WS title. This all wouldn't have been possibly without the depth we got in our organization via trades and via FA. We understand and appreciate the faith you have in Me and Fly as General Managers in order to putting a competitive team on the field year in and year out.

    With that said we have our core set in place full of youth and experience with very minimal holes. As you guys are probably aware the best player in franchise history and the best player in all of baseball is now a FA. He was the main piece year in and year out for the past decade that kept us competing at a high level with his special abilities on the field, his strong leadership and being a mentor to all the players we've had. We feel we need a raise in our salary in order to securing the face of the franchise for years to come and are willing to fight for him night and day until he is secured.

    With our recent moves not only have we added salary controlled depth but we have cut some of the big salaries and added more assets and improved our farm system. As witnessed last year we were 6th in the league in attendance, 4th the year before and 4th in 2009 in average attendance league wide. So its pretty evident year in and year out the fans are exited with the product we put on the field and always show up to the games.

    Last year our Salary Cap was at 109M, in 2010 it was at 94M in 2009 it was 88M and in 2008 it was 94M. So currently were at 110 and are only here because we want to lock up the best player in the league and future HOF for his entire career and keep our main core in tact and want to pay him what he deserves and should get. You guys have shown the willingness to increase cap because you did a couple years ago when we wanted to go out and sign Matt Holliday as Big Al's insurance in the order and to take some pressure of Big AL.

    With that said we want our cap increased to 140M. We feel this will be enough to lock up Big Al and signing a 2B. The rest we will be creative and do via trade. Not to mention because of attendance and the extra added revenue we created from winning this past year maintaining that cap and generating a great amount of profit will not be a problem.

    Thanks and hope you guys are just as exited as us in the realm of what we could have for years.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Joseph MO
    Posts
    7,671
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesbaby4lyfe View Post
    Mr, Dewitt and Hanser,

    We come to you today with a very intriguing and interesting proposal that'll help build a dynasty. As you guys know were coming of an amazing year which had it's highs and lows but ultimately in the end led to us winning another WS title. This all wouldn't have been possibly without the depth we got in our organization via trades and via FA. We understand and appreciate the faith you have in Me and Fly as General Managers in order to putting a competitive team on the field year in and year out.

    With that said we have our core set in place full of youth and experience with very minimal holes. As you guys are probably aware the best player in franchise history and the best player in all of baseball is now a FA. He was the main piece year in and year out for the past decade that kept us competing at a high level with his special abilities on the field, his strong leadership and being a mentor to all the players we've had. We feel we need a raise in our salary in order to securing the face of the franchise for years to come and are willing to fight for him night and day until he is secured.

    With our recent moves not only have we added salary controlled depth but we have cut some of the big salaries and added more assets and improved our farm system. As witnessed last year we were 6th in the league in attendance, 4th the year before and 4th in 2009 in average attendance league wide. So its pretty evident year in and year out the fans are exited with the product we put on the field and always show up to the games.

    Last year our Salary Cap was at 109M, in 2010 it was at 94M in 2009 it was 88M and in 2008 it was 94M. So currently were at 110 and are only here because we want to lock up the best player in the league and future HOF for his entire career and keep our main core in tact and want to pay him what he deserves and should get. You guys have shown the willingness to increase cap because you did a couple years ago when we wanted to go out and sign Matt Holliday as Big Al's insurance in the order and to take some pressure of Big AL.

    With that said we want our cap increased to 140M. We feel this will be enough to lock up Big Al and signing a 2B. The rest we will be creative and do via trade. Not to mention because of attendance and the extra added revenue we created from winning this past year maintaining that cap and generating a great amount of profit will not be a problem.

    Thanks and hope you guys are just as exited as us in the realm of what we could have for years.
    We award you $120,000,000. Get Albert. You have $30,000,000 in cap space now. Let us see your plea to Albert before we give you more.
    Last edited by AP=MVP; 12-19-2011 at 03:08 PM. Reason: I can't do math, lol

    Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18,978
    vCash
    1500
    The Boston Red Sox would like a modest increase in payroll. We are deinitely in win now mode and feel that with the extra cap we would have the flexibility to make some present moves without further having to compromise our future. Our payroll was at $168M in 2010, $164M+ in 2011 and (in real life it's close to $178M) we would like an increase to $178M. We are tired of missing the playoffs and would like to re-cement ourselves as a force to be wreckoned with in the American League. With a core currently in it's prime, we see a window of opportunity and would like to fully commit to this team.
    Last edited by AI; 12-19-2011 at 04:07 PM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,138
    vCash
    7100
    Mr. Ricketts,

    The Cubs request an increase in payroll to $160 million. Ushering in a new era of Cubs baseball, we believe that we need this increase in order to stay competitive in our division. While we are looking for cash-efficient options all over the diamond, we believe that, given the increases the rest of our division have obtained, we need an increase in well in order to maintain our competitive advantage in the NL Central. The Reds got a 17% increase in their payroll. The Pirates got a 16% increase in payroll, despite being a team that hasn't competed since 1992. That's right, there are legal adults that have never seen a Pirates team that has made the playoffs. The Brewers got a 19% increase in their payroll to $100 million, despite never seeing that number. The Cardinals got a 9% increase as well, with more likely on the way. Given what other teams have gotten, we do not believe an 18% increase is anything outrageous. Every team in our division outside of Houston, who will not compete at all, has gotten a significant increase in payroll.

    We feel like this offseason gives us a great chance to re-brand what has been a losing franchise for so long. With guys like Albert Pujols, Yu Darvish, Prince Fielder, C.J. Wilson, and Jose Reyes on the market, we need to seize our opportunity now to take hold of the NL Central for the foreseeable future. Mr. Ricketts, we hope you see things the same way. Although we might not be able to win it all this season, we need big acquisitions now to set us on the right path. Thank you for your time.





  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    45,143
    vCash
    1500
    rockies owner

    we are trying to compete now...we just acquired an ace...everyone is getting crazy raises and we feel in order to compete we need a raise from our 83 mil dollar payroll.. were only a starting pitcher away from the division so we need an increase to get a starting pitcher...the market for a solid starter is anywhere in between 10-20 mil.

    were at 83 mil and we would like to move up to 100 mil. plus tebow mania has increased the economy in denver the fans are more willing to spend. we have sent out a letter to tebow to throw out the first pitch and he accepted. now people are fighting over tickets to see tebow. please accept.

    thanks
    riv

    The Biggest Event Of the PSD Calendar Is Here!!!
    POSTERMANIA 4!!! Come Challenge a fellow PSD Friend
    Or Rival to a brawl and see Who the better poster is!!!!!
    Need More Details? Click Here or PM me! -Owner Riv

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    5,164
    vCash
    1500
    Diamondsbacks Ownership,

    Our club requests a payroll increase to $85,000,000. Since winning the NL West last season; season ticket sales are on the rise, there has been a buzz around town about this club with all the promising young talent and we believe with an increase in financial resources we can put a strangle hold on the NL West so we can dominate the division. When the diamondbacks put out a winning team, fans pile in and the higher ups haven't shyed away from opening up their pocketbooks...


    2011: $ 56,489,833
    2010: $ 75,484,833
    2009: $ 73,516,666
    2008: $ 66,202,712
    2007: $ 52,067,546
    2006: $ 59,684,226
    2005: $ 62,329,166
    2004: $ 69,780,750
    2003: $ 80,640,333
    2002: $102,819,999
    2001: $ 85,508,000

    but the difference with this team opposed to the World Series champion Arizona Diamondbacks is that we have a solid core of great young talent that we can build on for continued success for years to come.

    With our payroll increase from $57,000,000 to $85,000,000 we look to lock up each promising player on the roster, add a slugger in the middle of the lineup to protect our budding superstar in Justin Upton and add a stud arm for our pen. Thank you for your time, God bless and God speed.
    Last edited by theheatles; 12-19-2011 at 06:24 PM.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    23,535
    vCash
    1500
    Attn: Liberty Media Group

    After arbitration raises, our payroll already exceeds our allotted budget. While we are exploring various avenues to lower payroll, we also don't want to let the talent we've accrued walk out the door in the name of saving a few dollars. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is no way to run any business.

    The Phillies have nearly twice the budget we do, and while we don't expect anything close to that, we do feel that in order to break their strangehold on the East, we're going to need greater flexibility. With that in mind, we'd like to request an increase from $92 million to $115 million. This will allow us to pursue a few prime targets in free agency and trade without mortgaging our future or compromising our current group.

    Thanks.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    45,143
    vCash
    1500
    dear rockies ownership group

    also i would like to add i could hook you up with one of metsfan4evers jumpoffs if you give me the raise

    -riv

    The Biggest Event Of the PSD Calendar Is Here!!!
    POSTERMANIA 4!!! Come Challenge a fellow PSD Friend
    Or Rival to a brawl and see Who the better poster is!!!!!
    Need More Details? Click Here or PM me! -Owner Riv

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the depths of the Dunabi Jungle
    Posts
    11,216
    vCash
    1500
    Mr. Crane

    First i would like to personally thank you for saving our franchise from the hellhole that is being run by Drayton McClain. We have the utmost respect for you and have great hopes for our future. We know where our organization stands in the league. We are just on the cusp of competing, with one more piece being the difference between least season and a playoff berth (lol, yea right, thats something Drayton would believe). In all seriousness, we suck and need to rebuild. We've already made moves to bolster our farm system and imo have already taken the worst minor league system in the league and made it fringe top 10 in one offseason. So our future is bright. We want youth, and have made moves to trade off older players in order to bring in fresh talent (carlos lee, wandy rodriguez) and are currently looking to move several other high salary players on our team (huff, myeres, lyon) to shave some payroll. We know how much you value having a good product, and in order to increase the quality of the club, we had to eat a good amount of salary to acquire top notch prospects. While building for the future, we also needed to find a new face to the franchise to market to fans and put people in the seats. We got that in ryan howard. he's young enough that he can still be productive when we are competitive and in the meantime help increase revenue from ticket and merchandise sales. Like they say, chicks dig the long ball. As such, we are close to approaching our appointed salary limit. We want to go into FA and make one or two moves to either sign a good young player to be part of our core going forward, or to get a couple of veterans who can establish value and then be flipped in the upcoming deadline for more prospects to speed along our rebuilding process. All in all, we are only asking for an $8 Million raise to a total of $85 Million. You just saved $60 million on your purchase of the team by moving us to the AL, and that has upset some fans. Here's a chance to win them back by showing the city that you are committed to the betterment of the team and not just your bottomline (like drayton was)
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Joseph MO
    Posts
    7,671
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    The Boston Red Sox would like a modest increase in payroll. We are deinitely in win now mode and feel that with the extra cap we would have the flexibility to make some present moves without further having to compromise our future. Our payroll was at $168M in 2010, $164M+ in 2011 and (in real life it's close to $178M) we would like an increase to $178M. We are tired of missing the playoffs and would like to re-cement ourselves as a force to be wreckoned with in the American League. With a core currently in it's prime, we see a window of opportunity and would like to fully commit to this team.
    We fully appreciate the Haren/Aybar, we raise it to $170,000,000
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Mr. Ricketts,

    The Cubs request an increase in payroll to $160 million. Ushering in a new era of Cubs baseball, we believe that we need this increase in order to stay competitive in our division. While we are looking for cash-efficient options all over the diamond, we believe that, given the increases the rest of our division have obtained, we need an increase in well in order to maintain our competitive advantage in the NL Central. The Reds got a 17% increase in their payroll. The Pirates got a 16% increase in payroll, despite being a team that hasn't competed since 1992. That's right, there are legal adults that have never seen a Pirates team that has made the playoffs. The Brewers got a 19% increase in their payroll to $100 million, despite never seeing that number. The Cardinals got a 9% increase as well, with more likely on the way. Given what other teams have gotten, we do not believe an 18% increase is anything outrageous. Every team in our division outside of Houston, who will not compete at all, has gotten a significant increase in payroll.

    We feel like this offseason gives us a great chance to re-brand what has been a losing franchise for so long. With guys like Albert Pujols, Yu Darvish, Prince Fielder, C.J. Wilson, and Jose Reyes on the market, we need to seize our opportunity now to take hold of the NL Central for the foreseeable future. Mr. Ricketts, we hope you see things the same way. Although we might not be able to win it all this season, we need big acquisitions now to set us on the right path. Thank you for your time.
    We will give you $140,000,000. Tell us what you have done not what others have.
    Quote Originally Posted by riveramk2 View Post
    rockies owner

    we are trying to compete now...we just acquired an ace...everyone is getting crazy raises and we feel in order to compete we need a raise from our 83 mil dollar payroll.. were only a starting pitcher away from the division so we need an increase to get a starting pitcher...the market for a solid starter is anywhere in between 10-20 mil.

    were at 83 mil and we would like to move up to 100 mil. plus tebow mania has increased the economy in denver the fans are more willing to spend. we have sent out a letter to tebow to throw out the first pitch and he accepted. now people are fighting over tickets to see tebow. please accept.

    thanks
    riv
    Latos was a solid pick up. You get $90,000,000.
    Quote Originally Posted by theheatles View Post
    Diamondsbacks Ownership,

    Our club requests a payroll increase to $85,000,000. Since winning the NL West last season; season ticket sales are on the rise, there has been a buzz around town about this club with all the promising young talent and we believe with an increase in financial resources we can put a strangle hold on the NL West so we can dominate the division. When the diamondbacks put out a winning team, fans pile in and the higher ups haven't shyed away from opening up their pocketbooks...


    2011: $ 56,489,833
    2010: $ 75,484,833
    2009: $ 73,516,666
    2008: $ 66,202,712
    2007: $ 52,067,546
    2006: $ 59,684,226
    2005: $ 62,329,166
    2004: $ 69,780,750
    2003: $ 80,640,333
    2002: $102,819,999
    2001: $ 85,508,000

    but the difference with this team opposed to the World Series champion Arizona Diamondbacks is that we have a solid core of great young talent that we can build on for continued success for years to come.

    With our payroll increase from $57,000,000 to $85,000,000 we look to lock up each promising player on the roster, add a slugger in the middle of the lineup to protect our budding superstar in Justin Upton and add a stud arm for our pen. Thank you for your time, God bless and God speed.
    We like your young core but we can't give you near that much. You get $65,000,000
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    Attn: Liberty Media Group

    After arbitration raises, our payroll already exceeds our allotted budget. While we are exploring various avenues to lower payroll, we also don't want to let the talent we've accrued walk out the door in the name of saving a few dollars. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is no way to run any business.

    The Phillies have nearly twice the budget we do, and while we don't expect anything close to that, we do feel that in order to break their strangehold on the East, we're going to need greater flexibility. With that in mind, we'd like to request an increase from $92 million to $115 million. This will allow us to pursue a few prime targets in free agency and trade without mortgaging our future or compromising our current group.

    Thanks.
    $100,000,000
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    Mr. Crane

    First i would like to personally thank you for saving our franchise from the hellhole that is being run by Drayton McClain. We have the utmost respect for you and have great hopes for our future. We know where our organization stands in the league. We are just on the cusp of competing, with one more piece being the difference between least season and a playoff berth (lol, yea right, thats something Drayton would believe). In all seriousness, we suck and need to rebuild. We've already made moves to bolster our farm system and imo have already taken the worst minor league system in the league and made it fringe top 10 in one offseason. So our future is bright. We want youth, and have made moves to trade off older players in order to bring in fresh talent (carlos lee, wandy rodriguez) and are currently looking to move several other high salary players on our team (huff, myeres, lyon) to shave some payroll. We know how much you value having a good product, and in order to increase the quality of the club, we had to eat a good amount of salary to acquire top notch prospects. While building for the future, we also needed to find a new face to the franchise to market to fans and put people in the seats. We got that in ryan howard. he's young enough that he can still be productive when we are competitive and in the meantime help increase revenue from ticket and merchandise sales. Like they say, chicks dig the long ball. As such, we are close to approaching our appointed salary limit. We want to go into FA and make one or two moves to either sign a good young player to be part of our core going forward, or to get a couple of veterans who can establish value and then be flipped in the upcoming deadline for more prospects to speed along our rebuilding process. All in all, we are only asking for an $8 Million raise to a total of $85 Million. You just saved $60 million on your purchase of the team by moving us to the AL, and that has upset some fans. Here's a chance to win them back by showing the city that you are committed to the betterment of the team and not just your bottomline (like drayton was)
    Approved, we will make plenty in our league switch to compensate.

    Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •