Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bank

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greetard View Post
    For arguments sake - What cap # are you looking for? Just to get a number out there.

Do you plan to make an impact through trading or FA?
    I am looking for about 55,000,000. It's not a ridiculous increase and very realistic given our market.

We plan to capitalize through both trading and FA. We realize that there are opportunities that will present itself as the offseason rolls on and we will take advantage of those opportunities.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
    The Rays would like an increased payroll. 2011 was our year to save money so we can spend it this offseason. We squeaked by in making the playoffs this year with a payroll of just $43 mil, we feel we are 1-2 bats away from making a strong World Series push. Our 2010 payroll was close to $73 mil and we feel that if we have that much payroll flexibility with our current roster we will be able to make that World Series push. We need to show our fans that we can be players in free agency and we think opening the checkbook some will create buzz in the city and bring more fans to the stadium. We realize we are not a big market team and will still need to get creative about our roster, but an increased payroll will help fill our needs for a team that is already a playoff team.
    As the bank agrees with most points you've made, what kind of number are you looking at
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    What are your arbitration estimates?
    11.5mil and 14mil for Pence and Hamels respectively. Also factor in the 10mil raise to cliff lee and we could ask for about 190 in cap space

vCash
    As the bank agrees with most points you've made, what kind of number are you looking at
    We're looking for an increase to our 2010 payroll. We'd like to point out that the city can afford such a salary, as it has proven to do so in the very recent past. As my colleague pointed out, we lowered payroll last year in the intent that we'd be able to use the saved budget when we felt we'd be able to make a viable run at the playoofs. Our current projected salaries are already at 50M (7M above the cap) and we haven't made any actual trades yet. We know we'll never be able to be a force on any of the big free agents, but we feel that with a raised payroll, we might be able to have at least some flexibility that is currently non-existant. I'd also like to request that the Pirates appeal not be taken into consideration on our case even though both teams have the same cap at the moment. The reason behind this request is that the two teams are in two different positions; the Rays have to compete in the AL East, a division that is rampant with teams that have seemingly endless budgets. We feel that this is a reasonable number to give us at least some breathing room and a chance to contend.

We request the cap be raised to: $72,000,000

Edit: Our arbitration players estimate to earn $23,000,000 as a whole, though we are planning to go to an arbitration hearing with David Price to potentially drop that total number to 21,000,000. All other financial information, including full team payrolls can be found here.
    Last edited by es0terik; 12-17-2011 at 07:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by es0terik View Post
    We're looking for an increase to our 2010 payroll. We'd like to point out that the city can afford such a salary, as it has proven to do so in the very recent past. As my colleague pointed out, we lowered payroll last year in the intent that we'd be able to use the saved budget when we felt we'd be able to make a viable run at the playoofs. Our current projected salaries are already at 50M (7M above the cap) and we haven't made any actual trades yet. We know we'll never be able to be a force on any of the big free agents, but we feel that with a raised payroll, we might be able to have at least some flexibility that is currently non-existant. I'd also like to request that the Pirates appeal not be taken into consideration on our case even though both teams have the same cap at the moment. The reason behind this request is that the two teams are in two different positions; the Rays have to compete in the AL East, a division that is rampant with teams that have seemingly endless budgets. We feel that this is a reasonable number to give us at least some breathing room and a chance to contend.

We request the cap be raised to: $72,000,000

Edit: Our arbitration players estimate to earn $23,000,000 as a whole, though we are planning to go to an arbitration hearing with David Price to potentially drop that total number to 21,000,000. All other financial information, including full team payrolls can be found here.
    After consideration the Bank has decided to accept your request in an increased payroll but we simply can not invest that much into your team. We're going to give you $15,000,000 to play around with raising your cap space to $58,000,000 with the possibility of getting more if we like the way your heading.

Bank is CLOSED for a couple hours

vCash
    San Francisco Giants Proposal:
    I'm here to ask you, the ownership, to raise the salary cap so we can vastly improve our offense to match what we feel is one of the best pitching staffs in the game. Our main goal is to keep the pitching together as we feel that will be our ticket to winning another world series. However, in order to keep this pitching staff together, as well as some of our core offensive players, we had to spend a significant amount of our budget on arbitration raises and salary increases to the likes of Tim Lincecum, Matt Cain, Ryan Vogelsong, Ramon Ramirez, Jeremy Affeldt, Pablo Sandoval, Mike Fontenot and Nate Shierholtz. These were all players that we felt (and i'm sure you do as well) we needed to keep in order to field a championship team.

However, we have an aggressive plan to improve this offense through the FA market if we have the proper resources to do so. Reaching out to Carlos Beltran, who was so effective for us at the end of the year is one bat we plan to pursue as he was incredibly effective at the end of the year for us. This in mind, we ask if the payroll can be increased to $140 million. We know this is asking a lot of the ownership group, but with the money the team made off of ticket and merchandise sales this past season by selling out every home game, I believe the team can manage this increase in payroll. We believe we can keep our fanbase as one of the best in baseball, but only if you increase the payroll to the point where we can go field an offense that will keep the fans interested and the team in championship contention. This team is a few bats away from being the team to beat in the majors, let's make it happen.

Thank you for your time,

Giants Front Office
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.

The PSD NBA Redraft GOAT speaking the truth

vCash
    Marlins:

The Marlins would like an significant increase in payroll this year. After arbitration, our salary stands at about 72 million with only 58 million being our current salary available. However, under new management, we are extremely eager to pursue top end free agents. We could use another power bat and multiple pitchers as well as a better closer depending on future trades. Moving into a new ballpark we only have this opportunity to engage the Miami fans and get them excited for this upcoming year with a new-look team. In real life, management has showed that they are willing to spend mass amounts of money as seen in the signings of Jose Reyes, Mark Beuhrle, and the reported 10 yr -275 million offer to Albert Pujols. We believe with the right additions to a core of Josh Johnson, Hanley Ramirez, and Mike Stanton, we can definitely make a push for the playoffs and perhaps more. At this time we ask for a payroll of at least 100 million.
    YES. WE. DID.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jamal View Post
    San Francisco Giants Proposal:
    I'm here to ask you, the ownership, to raise the salary cap so we can vastly improve our offense to match what we feel is one of the best pitching staffs in the game. Our main goal is to keep the pitching together as we feel that will be our ticket to winning another world series. However, in order to keep this pitching staff together, as well as some of our core offensive players, we had to spend a significant amount of our budget on arbitration raises and salary increases to the likes of Tim Lincecum, Matt Cain, Ryan Vogelsong, Ramon Ramirez, Jeremy Affeldt, Pablo Sandoval, Mike Fontenot and Nate Shierholtz. These were all players that we felt (and i'm sure you do as well) we needed to keep in order to field a championship team.

However, we have an aggressive plan to improve this offense through the FA market if we have the proper resources to do so. Reaching out to Carlos Beltran, who was so effective for us at the end of the year is one bat we plan to pursue as he was incredibly effective at the end of the year for us. This in mind, we ask if the payroll can be increased to $140 million. We know this is asking a lot of the ownership group, but with the money the team made off of ticket and merchandise sales this past season by selling out every home game, I believe the team can manage this increase in payroll. We believe we can keep our fanbase as one of the best in baseball, but only if you increase the payroll to the point where we can go field an offense that will keep the fans interested and the team in championship contention. This team is a few bats away from being the team to beat in the majors, let's make it happen.

Thank you for your time,

Giants Front Office
    We appreciate you recognizing that our pitching is the key and wanting to hold onto that. While we can't offer you the full $140,000,000. We will give you $130,000,000. Show us what you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiWadeCounty View Post
    Marlins:

The Marlins would like an significant increase in payroll this year. After arbitration, our salary stands at about 72 million with only 58 million being our current salary available. However, under new management, we are extremely eager to pursue top end free agents. We could use another power bat and multiple pitchers as well as a better closer depending on future trades. Moving into a new ballpark we only have this opportunity to engage the Miami fans and get them excited for this upcoming year with a new-look team. In real life, management has showed that they are willing to spend mass amounts of money as seen in the signings of Jose Reyes, Mark Beuhrle, and the reported 10 yr -275 million offer to Albert Pujols. We believe with the right additions to a core of Josh Johnson, Hanley Ramirez, and Mike Stanton, we can definitely make a push for the playoffs and perhaps more. At this time we ask for a payroll of at least 100 million.

With our new stadium we are excited to put a winner on the field, we grant you a $100,000,000 payroll.

Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    Dear Mr. Lerner,

The Washington Nationals are on the brink of success. It began with the draft, locking up future stars in Strasburg and Harper. Now, it ends with competing. Our GMs feel that with some extra change in the pocketbook, we could make runs at big time FAs and put this team on the top of the NL East.

First, let's see what local Phillies fan The A Team had to say about the Nats this offseason:

On Cespedes:

On Pujols and Cespedes:

On the Nats payroll:

The last point addresses exactly what we hope to do this offseason. If we are allowed to make several key signings, we will engage the dormant Washington market and start making money. And, more importantly, start winning games. It started with Jayson Werth, and if you allow us to keep making splashes, we will reward you with a championship.

Sincerely,

PL

Sidenote: The 69M figure is just a pittance compared to what the Nats actually have to spend. In real life, they have pursued Fielder, Buehrle, Cespedes, and others. We humbly request an increase in budget to 90M.
    I appreciate how we continue to build from within and I love the idea of bringing the Latin players (like Cespedes) into this organization as high-ceiling guys. I will raise the payroll to $85,000,000. I have lots of confidence in your GM team show me what you can do with this.
    Last edited by AP=MVP; 12-17-2011 at 11:19 PM.

THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    I am looking for about 55,000,000. It's not a ridiculous increase and very realistic given our market.

We plan to capitalize through both trading and FA. We realize that there are opportunities that will present itself as the offseason rolls on and we will take advantage of those opportunities.
    Thanks for your patience. We've considered your asking of the cap being raised to 55,000,000 but I am sorry to tell you that we can not give you that much with little insurance of competition coming from your team. I am pleased to tell you that the Bank is willing to raise your cap to $50,000,000

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fukudome4MVP View Post
    Dear Mr. Castellini,

As you know, we play in a very competitive NL Central division with powerhouse teams with significant payrolls like the Cubs, Cardinals, and Brewers. We have the fourth highest payroll in our division, yet we still have been able to compete for the past 3 years. This was also with the likes of Prince Fielder and Albert Pujols in our division as well, who may very well be gone, thus making this division very winnable. We already have a solid core intact, with Joey Votto, Brandon Phillips, Jay Bruce, and Johnny Cueto, but the truth is that they also get raises every year, which creates new salary constraints for us to deal with.

At our current payroll, we can not be players for any major free agents against the likes of the Cubs and Cardinals, and while these teams will continue to get better through precisely calculated free agent pick ups, we are left to fend for the scraps. We would like to change that method of thinking; we are only a piece or two away from a serious shot at contention. Some of the things that an increase in cap would allow us to do:

Pursue a quality starting SS
    Create depth in the rotation
    Move some of the albatrosses currently on the team
    Invest in quality, young players to compliment our solid core

T.O. and I feel like we can compete immediately with a bump up to $92,000,000. This is allows us the necessary room to enact our plans. Fear not though Mr. Castellini, we will not be handing out outrageous free agent contracts or taking on Alfonso Sorianoesque contracts. The moves this cap will allow us to make will also create an increase in revenue. The more people that come to our games, the more we can market our team. If we’re able to land 2 or 3 significant players, think of the merchandise we could sell as well. This increase in payroll will surely increase revenue, too. Finally, payroll has increased every year, why should this year be different? Now is the time to strike with Brandon Phillips coming off of his best year and prime Joey Votto, Jay Bruce, and Johnny Cueto. The Cubs, Cardinals, and Brewers are our main rivals. The Cubs have a 135 MM payroll, the Cardinals have a 110 MM payroll, and the Brewers have an 84 MM payroll; we know we are not the Cubs, so we believe a modest raise to 92 million isn’t far off as it would greatly increase our chance to contend.

This is our chance.

Thank you for your time and patience, sir. We hope to hear back from you shortly.

Sincerely,

Fukudome4MVP and T.O
    Very good write-up and we agree on all points. I am happy to tell you that you will get your cap raised to $95,000,000, we know you requested 92 but we like your commitment to winning and also do believe you are two/three pieces away from being serious contenders in that division. We like the mix of young talent you have and want you to be serious in FA this year.

vCash
    Toronto Blue Jays:

Hello kind sir,

Let me first say, now is the time for the Toronto Blue Jays. With the Yankees aging and Red Sox having lots of question marks, we feel now is the time for us to make our run. Our president Mr. Paul Beeston had this to say about when the time was right to make these moves:

Quote:
    "With this city, with this country, with our market, we should be a city that can have $140 or $150MM in the way of salaries," team president Paul Beeston said at the State of the Franchise even in Toronto last night. "We should be able to support that and that's the direction that we're headed to."
    We feel, with the direction the division has taken, the available Free Agents, the depth of our farm system and the young talent we have on our roster, now is the time to get our payroll raised.

We know our owners are ready and willing to spend the Billions that they have. Take a look at their information for 2010:

Quote:
    Revenue CAD$12.14 billion (2010)
    Net income CAD$1.50 billion (2010)
    Total assets CAD$17.03 billion (2010)
    Total equity CAD$3.76 billion (2010)
    These are the richest owners in baseball, and in our market, with this team, now is the time to make a stand and bring winning baseball back to Toronto!

We respectfully request our payroll to raise to 100 million dollars. We will make a statement to the league, our players and our amazing fans, that this team is willing to win once again.

Thank You
    Bump, would like to know so I can make some deals. Thanks.
    "If beer has never touched your lips, if you never dropped the mitts or packed a lip, you are not a hockey player, and if you are, chances are your not a very good one"

Toddy Bertuzzi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torontosports10 View Post
    Bump, would like to know so I can make some deals. Thanks.
    We love what you have done by bringing in Longo and Price as young star player and we feel this will really pump up our fan base. You are granted $95,000,000.

Note to all teams applying for money. Show us some good moves first and you will be more likely to get cash.

THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Can the phillies get a ruling please?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Phillies:
    The phillies have recently started opening their pocket books. They have a minority owner who is a billionaire, was more or less the reason why we got cliff lee. He has said how he wants to win and will spend to do so. After factoring in arbitration estimates, we feel that a cap of 180mil is necessary so we can be players this offseason since any trade to clear up significant payroll could cripple our team
    We are sorry for the delay, your request for $180,000,000 is approved.

THE FUTURE IS NOW

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast