Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 89

Thread: The Bank

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Joseph MO
    Posts
    7,767
    vCash
    1500

    The Bank

    Angels - $142,000,000
    Astros- 77,000,000
    A's- 68,000,000
    Jays- 71,000,000
    Braves- 92,000,000
    Brewers- 84,000,000
    Cardinals- 110,000,000
    Cubs- 135,000,000
    D'Backs- 57,000,000
    Dodgers- 120,000,000
    Giants- 119,000,000
    Indians- 50,000,000
    Marniers- 95,000,000
    Marlins- 58,000,000
    Mets- 143,000,000
    Nats- 69,000,000
    O's- 87,000,000
    Padres- 46,000,000
    Phillies- 166,000,000
    Pirates- 43,000,000
    Rangers- 93,000,000
    Rays- 43,000,000
    Reds- 81,000,000
    Red Sox- 164,000,000
    Rockies- 83,000,000
    Royals- 39,000,000
    Tigers- 107,000,000
    Twins- 114,000,000
    White Sox- 128,000,000
    Yankees- 208,000,000
    Last edited by AP=MVP; 12-17-2011 at 06:20 AM.

    Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Joseph MO
    Posts
    7,767
    vCash
    1500
    Payrolls are currently the exact same as last years for each team (rounded up to nearest million), come state your cases to have yours raised.

    --Payrolls from Cot's
    Last edited by AP=MVP; 12-17-2011 at 06:21 AM.

    Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    35,518
    vCash
    1500
    Phillies:
    The phillies have recently started opening their pocket books. They have a minority owner who is a billionaire, was more or less the reason why we got cliff lee. He has said how he wants to win and will spend to do so. After factoring in arbitration estimates, we feel that a cap of 180mil is necessary so we can be players this offseason since any trade to clear up significant payroll could cripple our team

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18,981
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Phillies:
    The phillies have recently started opening their pocket books. They have a minority owner who is a billionaire, was more or less the reason why we got cliff lee. He has said how he wants to win and will spend to do so. After factoring in arbitration estimates, we feel that a cap of 180mil is necessary so we can be players this offseason since any trade to clear up significant payroll could cripple our team
    Same for the Sox who have 2/5's of their rotation making $25.25M this year yet are both out (Lackey and Daisuke had TJ). Sox "real life" payroll is currently at or around this years luxury tax due to Gonzo's extension kicking in, player raises and projected arbitration raises which you have already covered. We need more money unless the fact that players on the DL don't count towards a teams 25 man roster. If that's the case in the mock as well, then Lackey, Dice-K and Jenks don't count towards my payroll because tecnically they are not on my 25 man roster.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Same for the Sox who have 2/5's of their rotation making $25.25M this year yet are both out (Lackey and Daisuke had TJ). Sox "real life" payroll is currently at or around this years luxury tax due to Gonzo's extension kicking in, player raises and projected arbitration raises which you have already covered. We need more money unless the fact that players on the DL don't count towards a teams 25 man roster. If that's the case in the mock as well, then Lackey, Dice-K and Jenks don't count towards my payroll because tecnically they are not on my 25 man roster.
    Why should the bank add to your payroll because of bad contracts? Shouldn't that be you and your teams responsibility...?
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Phillies:
    The phillies have recently started opening their pocket books. They have a minority owner who is a billionaire, was more or less the reason why we got cliff lee. He has said how he wants to win and will spend to do so. After factoring in arbitration estimates, we feel that a cap of 180mil is necessary so we can be players this offseason since any trade to clear up significant payroll could cripple our team
    What are your arbitration estimates?
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    35,518
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Greetard View Post
    What are your arbitration estimates?
    11.5mil and 14mil for Pence and Hamels respectively. Also factor in the 10mil raise to cliff lee and we could ask for about 190 in cap space

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Joseph MO
    Posts
    7,767
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Phillies:
    The phillies have recently started opening their pocket books. They have a minority owner who is a billionaire, was more or less the reason why we got cliff lee. He has said how he wants to win and will spend to do so. After factoring in arbitration estimates, we feel that a cap of 180mil is necessary so we can be players this offseason since any trade to clear up significant payroll could cripple our team
    We are sorry for the delay, your request for $180,000,000 is approved.

    Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    19,800
    vCash
    8300
    The Pirates would like an increase in Payroll. In 2008 and 2009, our cap maxed out at 48.6 million. With a talented young core, we feel like we can drastically improve the team with more cash and put a better product on the field. If you give us a little more to work with, then I can start on the right foot in terms of setting goals and strategies. Thank you.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

    PSD's Zdeno Chara

    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010



    Yeti FTW

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    The Pirates would like an increase in Payroll. In 2008 and 2009, our cap maxed out at 48.6 million. With a talented young core, we feel like we can drastically improve the team with more cash and put a better product on the field. If you give us a little more to work with, then I can start on the right foot in terms of setting goals and strategies. Thank you.
    We are looking for a better argument. What are your goals and strategies? Are you going to try to build a team to contend this year? What kind of increase are you looking for.

    Thanks
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    19,800
    vCash
    8300
    Quote Originally Posted by Greetard View Post
    We are looking for a better argument. What are your goals and strategies? Are you going to try to build a team to contend this year? What kind of increase are you looking for.

    Thanks
    I apologize for the vagueness of the proposal.

    We are trying to build a winner in Pittsburgh. The fans haven't had a winning product in years. We are going to build a strong rotation and would like to add some power bats to the lineup. We are exploring all trade options and free agency options. The goal is to win the division.

    We would like a 10+ million increase in our cap. I am a new GM and this may be the year to take chances. Make a slight increase in investment and you will get a great product on the field for you and the fans.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

    PSD's Zdeno Chara

    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010



    Yeti FTW

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    I apologize for the vagueness of the proposal.

    We are trying to build a winner in Pittsburgh. The fans haven't had a winning product in years. We are going to build a strong rotation and would like to add some power bats to the lineup. We are exploring all trade options and free agency options. The goal is to win the division.

    We would like a 10+ million increase in our cap. I am a new GM and this may be the year to take chances. Make a slight increase in investment and you will get a great product on the field for you and the fans.
    For arguments sake - What cap # are you looking for? Just to get a number out there.

    Do you plan to make an impact through trading or FA?
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    19,800
    vCash
    8300
    Quote Originally Posted by Greetard View Post
    For arguments sake - What cap # are you looking for? Just to get a number out there.

    Do you plan to make an impact through trading or FA?
    I am looking for about 55,000,000. It's not a ridiculous increase and very realistic given our market.

    We plan to capitalize through both trading and FA. We realize that there are opportunities that will present itself as the offseason rolls on and we will take advantage of those opportunities.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

    PSD's Zdeno Chara

    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010



    Yeti FTW

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,625
    vCash
    1500
    The Rays would like an increased payroll. 2011 was our year to save money so we can spend it this offseason. We squeaked by in making the playoffs this year with a payroll of just $43 mil, we feel we are 1-2 bats away from making a strong World Series push. Our 2010 payroll was close to $73 mil and we feel that if we have that much payroll flexibility with our current roster we will be able to make that World Series push. We need to show our fans that we can be players in free agency and we think opening the checkbook some will create buzz in the city and bring more fans to the stadium. We realize we are not a big market team and will still need to get creative about our roster, but an increased payroll will help fill our needs for a team that is already a playoff team.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
    The Rays would like an increased payroll. 2011 was our year to save money so we can spend it this offseason. We squeaked by in making the playoffs this year with a payroll of just $43 mil, we feel we are 1-2 bats away from making a strong World Series push. Our 2010 payroll was close to $73 mil and we feel that if we have that much payroll flexibility with our current roster we will be able to make that World Series push. We need to show our fans that we can be players in free agency and we think opening the checkbook some will create buzz in the city and bring more fans to the stadium. We realize we are not a big market team and will still need to get creative about our roster, but an increased payroll will help fill our needs for a team that is already a playoff team.
    As the bank agrees with most points you've made, what kind of number are you looking at
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •