Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Every mock is a one year mock

Cant wait for 20mil offers to beltran

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Wat? Thats reallyyyyy dumb. What if 2 teams in similar positions offer a guy 1/12? Who does he go with? It also means the teams with money will give ******** amounts of money to players that dont deserve it
    Because teams can backload the contract and it doesn't effect them in this mock.

If my co-commissioners don't like that rule I can change it but financially for a one-year mock there is zero difference between:

2 years 15 million
    year 1- 6 mill
    year 2- 9 mill

and

2 years 12 mill
    year 1- 6 mill
    year 2- 6 mill

Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AP=MVP View Post
    Because teams can backload the contract and it doesn't effect them in this mock.

If my co-commissioners don't like that rule I can change it but financially for a one-year mock there is zero difference between:

2 years 15 million
    year 1- 6 mill
    year 2- 9 mill

and

2 years 12 mill
    year 1- 6 mill
    year 2- 6 mill
    Every mock I've been in doesnt let you offer different money per year. It acts as a "cap hit" per say. Its just dumb because if two teams in a great position to win offer the same contract to the same player, then theres no fun bidding war. And then theres a guy with lots of money coming in and swooping a guy being offered 9-11 per year for 15-16 a year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Every mock I've been in doesnt let you offer different money per year. It acts as a "cap hit" per say. Its just dumb because if two teams in a great position to win offer the same contract to the same player, then theres no fun bidding war. And then theres a guy with lots of money coming in and swooping a guy being offered 9-11 per year for 15-16 a year
    I don't really get what your complaining about, obviously a winning situation and playing time will be huge factors for free agents.

It will be far from most money wins in the free agent wars.

THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    But isnt "most money" a factor players look at?

Again, 2 teams with a 1b opening offer Pujols 1/26. Lets say they both have a equally good chance to win the WS. How the hell do you decide who he goes to? With this system there really wont be any "free agent wars" which is one of the more fun parts of the games

vCash
    Sell me on what that contender has to offer the player. Tell me how the rest of the team complements him. Tell me how the city fits him. Tell me if he has friends on the team or has played for the manager before.

I don't see how offering more years affects a bidding war in a one year mock.

THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Nvm. Dont want to say anything that would effect my chances signing players
    Last edited by sexicano31; 12-14-2011 at 02:19 AM.

vCash
    OK but in a 1-year mock I could offer Bobby Abreu 8 years and even though it is ******** in real life it doesn't hurt in a mock because its just for next year.

THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    I just find it ridiculous that if identical teams are vying for a FA then the decision hinges on if he has a friend on the team. Thats all I have to say

vCash
    I will change it to just be that the contract has to be equally spread over the years if that works for everyone? And sexicano don't worry about any legitimate complaint affecting free agents, the only way I'd fine people or anything like that is if they are complaining about free agents not signing with them but hopefully that never has to happen.

THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Yes, dont limit it to one year deals. That'd really sap the game of realism IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AP=MVP View Post
    I will change it to just be that the contract has to be equally spread over the years if that works for everyone? And sexicano don't worry about any legitimate complaint affecting free agents, the only way I'd fine people or anything like that is if they are complaining about free agents not signing with them but hopefully that never has to happen.
    See, I thought it always functioned as a "cap hit" type thing. Don't just change it because I don't like it. Make it a poll. It's your game after all

vCash
    It's worked fine in the NFL Mock for the past 2 seasons. I see no reason to change it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude901 View Post
    It's worked fine in the NFL Mock for the past 2 seasons. I see no reason to change it
    The old way has worked fine in the MLB mocks forever. I see no reason to change it

vCash
    It's something to discuss. As someone who will be controlling a lot of the top FA, I'll tell you now that there are plenty of factors that will be taken into what team a player signs for. I'm not here to screw anyone over. I always said after the first mock I did that if I ever ran FA for one it would be fair and give teams equal chances. In the NBA mock we had a bidding for LeBron James, I think BW (The Suns) had a very very good write-up that convinced me as a GM of a team that LeBron should go there, of course he wasn't considered because he was the Suns. It's not going to be like that for me at least. Every offer and every team gets considered. Obviously for a player like Jose Reyes who openly said that he would of basically accepted an offer from the Mets if they brought him one, he's going to have possibly a better chance of signing with the Mets if they give him an equal offer.

I don't want people to give a formal write-up as to why he should join their team, not just "We offer you xxx over xxx years to come play for us". Prove why my player should be joining your team, whether it be money, the area, family, chance to win etc.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

We'll discuss the 1-year thing further as a whole.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast