Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1118
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,971
    vCash
    2181
    Did i get a team?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On The Block
    Posts
    29,887
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Greetard View Post
    It's something to discuss. As someone who will be controlling a lot of the top FA, I'll tell you now that there are plenty of factors that will be taken into what team a player signs for. I'm not here to screw anyone over. I always said after the first mock I did that if I ever ran FA for one it would be fair and give teams equal chances. In the NBA mock we had a bidding for LeBron James, I think BW (The Suns) had a very very good write-up that convinced me as a GM of a team that LeBron should go there, of course he wasn't considered because he was the Suns. It's not going to be like that for me at least. Every offer and every team gets considered. Obviously for a player like Jose Reyes who openly said that he would of basically accepted an offer from the Mets if they brought him one, he's going to have possibly a better chance of signing with the Mets if they give him an equal offer.

    I don't want people to give a formal write-up as to why he should join their team, not just "We offer you xxx over xxx years to come play for us". Prove why my player should be joining your team, whether it be money, the area, family, chance to win etc.

    I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.


    We'll discuss the 1-year thing further as a whole.
    That's stupid. Don't do that.

    What I did was pretty much ignored everything other than the money and what team was the best fit. Also, I kind of ignored money after a certain point too. I remember one team offered Juan Uribe 4 years 60 and the other team offered him 5 years 65. Since we all know that kind of money for Uribe is absurd, I just ignored the money and went with the best fit. Just sign FA's to teams with good fits. Like Reyes for example, I know he signed with Florida, but I would never sign him to there because they have a SS. Just go with the simplest signings that make the most sense that people can't argue with.

    Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On The Block
    Posts
    29,887
    vCash
    1500
    Also, no backloading AT ALL is dumb. For example, if I want to sign Kemp to a 8 year 160 million dollar extension, I should be allowed to backload it a little bit. Just make it realistic, nothing like 5,5,25,25,25,25,25,25, but 15/20/20/20/20/20/22.5/22.5 is fair, and also more realistic than 20 per over 8 years.

    Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    27,619
    vCash
    500
    Within the context of the game I agree with no backloading or everyone will just do it.

    IRL obviously it happens and is extremely common but I think closing off all the potential abuses that this has suffered from in the past is necessary.

    Judging by the history of this game trusting people to not abuse it will just not work.
    Last edited by 1-800-STFU; 12-14-2011 at 03:37 PM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    27,619
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ugadawgsfan17 View Post
    Yes, dont limit it to one year deals. That'd really sap the game of realism IMO.
    Errrr....have you been around to the other mocks.

    There is no realism to be had here. It should just be taken as a separate competition. Trying to make it realistic WILL fail and always will fail.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Probably at work!
    Posts
    17,298
    vCash
    1500
    STFU turn on your AIM!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Joseph MO
    Posts
    7,767
    vCash
    1500
    VRP, those numbers after year one have no effect in a one-year mock though

    Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,538
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    That's stupid. Don't do that.

    What I did was pretty much ignored everything other than the money and what team was the best fit. Also, I kind of ignored money after a certain point too. I remember one team offered Juan Uribe 4 years 60 and the other team offered him 5 years 65. Since we all know that kind of money for Uribe is absurd, I just ignored the money and went with the best fit. Just sign FA's to teams with good fits. Like Reyes for example, I know he signed with Florida, but I would never sign him to there because they have a SS. Just go with the simplest signings that make the most sense that people can't argue with.
    That's kind of dumb to. What if they wanted to trade that current SS and use him as an asset to land something else while having reyes fill in that hole?? We shouldn't factor that in either, just like the NBA mock, use your best judgement and whoever has the best convincing write ups should get the player locked up. Since it shows dedication and fight when people take their time doing a write up for a FA. It also appeals to them more when your showing fight for them..

    Also for the Contracts why don't we have a % based increase so big time back loading can't happen. I think we did this in the MLB mock 2 years ago or it was in the NBA mock, but you set a certain % and everyone has to increase the contract abiding by that %.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Joseph MO
    Posts
    7,767
    vCash
    1500
    For my free agents no team is going to be out of the running until I read their offers for my players

    Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    That's stupid. Don't do that.

    What I did was pretty much ignored everything other than the money and what team was the best fit. Also, I kind of ignored money after a certain point too. I remember one team offered Juan Uribe 4 years 60 and the other team offered him 5 years 65. Since we all know that kind of money for Uribe is absurd, I just ignored the money and went with the best fit. Just sign FA's to teams with good fits. Like Reyes for example, I know he signed with Florida, but I would never sign him to there because they have a SS. Just go with the simplest signings that make the most sense that people can't argue with.
    I want write-ups to become a part of the process. If a team comes in with a great write-up, a good offer and it makes sense. He's going to go to that team. Just going to say that now. If they say that they are going to trade the other SS or move his position, I will still consider it.

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesbaby4lyfe View Post
    That's kind of dumb to. What if they wanted to trade that current SS and use him as an asset to land something else while having reyes fill in that hole?? We shouldn't factor that in either, just like the NBA mock, use your best judgement and whoever has the best convincing write ups should get the player locked up. Since it shows dedication and fight when people take their time doing a write up for a FA. It also appeals to them more when your showing fight for them..

    Also for the Contracts why don't we have a % based increase so big time back loading can't happen. I think we did this in the MLB mock 2 years ago or it was in the NBA mock, but you set a certain % and everyone has to increase the contract abiding by that %.
    It's going to be my judgement and my judgement alone on MY Free Agents.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The U
    Posts
    15,616
    vCash
    3500
    When do signups end?

    My American Hero


    KoB Owns My Soul For Life

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,538
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AP=MVP View Post
    For my free agents no team is going to be out of the running until I read their offers for my players
    I like that gives teams like the royals and pirates a chance
    Quote Originally Posted by Greetard View Post
    I want write-ups to become a part of the process. If a team comes in with a great write-up, a good offer and it makes sense. He's going to go to that team. Just going to say that now. If they say that they are going to trade the other SS or move his position, I will still consider it.



    It's going to be my judgement and my judgement alone on MY Free Agents.
    Im cool and up for anything I like the sounds of it anyways. You guys aren't biased anyways so I don't see any problems happening.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Joseph MO
    Posts
    7,767
    vCash
    1500
    Royals will be breakout team this year, just saying

    Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baller View Post
    When do signups end?
    No set time yet. We're probably going to wait until Redraft voting ends to start it all (I think). Just starting a rough draft of the teams now, and still need to figure out salary cap info.

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesbaby4lyfe View Post
    Im cool and up for anything I like the sounds of it anyways. You guys aren't biased anyways so I don't see any problems happening.
    Yeah. I'm hoping it makes it more interesting.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,538
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AP=MVP View Post
    Royals will be breakout team this year, just saying
    Yup but I was realistically talking about FA landing spots.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •