Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Well I'm not expecting any miracles in Virginia on Saturday, but even without a trip to the ACC title game, an upper-tier bowl game with a legit shot at 10 wins is another huge step in the renaissance of this program. We were a top 10 team this year, knocking on the door of the top 5 there briefly. Currently the #5 recruiting class in the nation heading into next year, and the #1 class outside the SEC.

This is what genuine progress looks like, and that's not something I've felt truly comfortable saying in a very long time.

Time to make Teddy rethink that Randy Shannon loyalty.

I always wonder why it takes so long for these stories to be reported for the actual incident.

Miami defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammed will not play for the Hurricanes in 2014.

A Miami spokesperson confirmed to reporters on Friday that Muhammed is "not enrolled at Miami for the fall semester and not participating in athletics." The Associated Press reported that the sophomore is serving a suspension for an off-field altercation with another student last spring.

Muhammed's absence from Miami's first two games was previously described as a "personal matter." The Don Boscoe Prep product was a US All-Army All-American and four-star prospect in the 2013 recruiting class. As a freshman, Muhammed recorded eight tackles and two sacks in 13 games.

Miami hosts Arkansas State on Saturday. The Hurricanes, hoping for a strong performance with a trip to Nebraska coming up on Sept. 20, are 16-point favorites heading into the game.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...t-play-in-2014

Time to clean house. There is absolutely no reason for Golden to still have a job here. This clown is stealing millions of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Time to clean house. There is absolutely no reason for Golden to still have a job here. This clown is stealing millions of dollars.
    Who would you want to see replace him? Miami is still a great spot, but it's star his diminished in recent years.

Chudzinski would be my first choice. Then bring in Schiano to run the defense. That'd be a pretty loaded staff. Never going to happen, but I can dream.

Miami is no longer a desired job. No big named coach is going to want anywhere near this mess.

Looks like Golden is coming back, but a bowl loss to drop him to 5-7 puts him on an early hot seat for next season.

It's safe to say that after their Hurricanes suffered a 35-23 home loss to Pitt to end the 2014 season on a three-game losing streak -- one that dropped the Hurricanes' record to 6-6 overall, 3-5 in the ACC -- many Miami fans won't be excited about the prospect of another season with Al Golden.
    But that season is exactly what they're going to get all the same, according to Miami athletic director Blake James. From the Twitter feed of Miami-based Associated Press reporter Tim Reynolds:

Golden's overall record with the Hurricanes stands at 28-21, with the team reaching bowl eligiblity in all four seasons (though an NCAA investigation resulted in a self-inflicted bowl ban in 2011 and 2012). The 6-6 2014 mark does, however, represent Golden's worst season since his 2011 debut with Miami -- and a postseason loss would give Golden his first losing season since his 5-7 2008 campaign with Temple.

Given Miami's financial difficulties and the Hurricanes' nine-win 2013 season -- just the second for the program since 2006 -- keeping Golden on for 2015 makes plenty of sense. But rest assured that unless results improve next fall, the natives will only be more restless than they already are.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...o-be-our-coach

Three year bump.

Certainly happier times now than when I last visited this thread.

Richt was a great signing by the Canes. He's going to build a great program, but the question he has to answer will be getting his team motivated to play the big game.

Last week was a pretty big game...

Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Three year bump.

Certainly happier times now than when I last visited this thread.
    Its been a long time since you had anything to be excited about. Congrats.
    Hopefully they keep winning.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819