Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Auburn fires DC Ellis Johnson

Terrible performance this year from the Auburn defense, bottoming out against Georgia and then Alabama this weekend. That was it for Johnson.

Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson has been fired, ending his two-year tenure with the Tigers.

247Sports.com's Auburn Undercover first reported the dismissal of Johnson, which has since been confirmed by the school. Auburn has not yet announced any decision about the coordinator's future with the program.

The dismissal doesn't come as all that much of a surprise as the Auburn defense struggled for most of the season. The unit finished No. 11 in the SEC allowing 5.60 yards per play and was No. 10 in the SEC in points allowed, giving up 26.1 points per game. That number rose to 32.8 points per game against SEC opponents.

The final six conference games were likely the nail in Johnson's coffin at Auburn, as the Tigers defense allowed an average of 39 points per game, with the "best" performance being the 31 points it gave up against Ole Miss in early November.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-ellis-johnson

vCash
    Just pray to the lord that they don't get Will Muschamp. Can you imagine Malzahn coaching the offense and Muschamp coaching the defense....

Marcus Mariota

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Just pray to the lord that they don't get Will Muschamp. Can you imagine Malzahn coaching the offense and Muschamp coaching the defense....
    That actually makes too much sense.......I'd hate to see it.

vCash
    better auburn gets muschamp than, say, the devil (i mean fsu)
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    better auburn gets muschamp than, say, the devil (i mean fsu)
    I hope he goes back to Texas....

Marcus Mariota