74 56.49%

20 15.27%
  • never

19 14.50%
Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post
    Erection spoiler
    I wouldn't be too upset if he does end up like Hedo... so long as he can defend better.

vCash
    Kukoc 2.0 lol His shot does look Dirk-like and boy can dribble! Say what?!?!

vCash
    From the highlights I've seen from him, he seems like he has a lot of potential, but also takes a lot of bad shots, and also needs more consistency with his jumper based on the shots he's taking. But the talent is definitely there.

vCash
    Also, he doesn't seem like a good finisher, hesitant to enter the paint.

But I'm just nitpicking. I'm excited as hell for him to come over.

vCash
    I think his mannerisms (sp?) are similar to Hedo I can totally see that.

Definitely something to look forward to but hardly anything to be overly excited about (at this point).

vCash
    KK, you will like this. It looks like Mirotic is stepping it up now that Rudy Fernandez is no longer with Real Madrid. He has scored 20+ in 2 of the last 3 games and his game value is rising in the ACB rating system. He is now becoming one of the main cogs for RM. If they win the ACB championship that will be in large part to Mirotic's contributions. He should be ready to kick butt by the summer of 2013 and the Bulls can buy him out. I am tracking his progression and there are some nice articles already on him here in Spain. can't wait to see what the future brings for this kid, especially if he put on another 15 pounds and becomes a gym rat. This kid is all about team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    KK, you will like this. It looks like Mirotic is stepping it up now that Rudy Fernandez is no longer with Real Madrid. He has scored 20+ in 2 of the last 3 games and his game value is rising in the ACB rating system. He is now becoming one of the main cogs for RM. If they win the ACB championship that will be in large part to Mirotic's contributions. He should be ready to kick butt by the summer of 2013 and the Bulls can buy him out. I am tracking his progression and there are some nice articles already on him here in Spain. can't wait to see what the future brings for this kid, especially if he put on another 15 pounds and becomes a gym rat. This kid is all about team.
    I know, I've heard and I love it.

Basically the opposition is now playing him more physically. Perfect. We have at worst a terrific role player coming in in 3 years instead of rotting on our bench.

I love the whole international game scouting/draft concept. Spurs literally squeezed out 2 extra titles because of what they got from Manu and Parker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    I know, I've heard and I love it.

Basically the opposition is now playing him more physically. Perfect. We have at worst a terrific role player coming in in 3 years instead of rotting on our bench.

I love the whole international game scouting/draft concept. Spurs literally squeezed out 2 extra titles because of what they got from Manu and Parker.
    Heck I hope if RM wins the ACB either this season or next and his stat line goes up we buy him out in the summer of 13. That would be the perfect time to transition to the NBA. He needs fundamental work in the paint and he tends to travel a bit when going ISO in the post but heck he is already leaps and bounds ahead of where he was 2 years ago. He has good mobility and can take his defender to the ARC so I guess that is a form of creatng space. He plays a lot of help defense and also gets to defend the P&R so I see a lot of great possibilities to fit in the Bulls system. I am going to try and catch a couple of RM games since they are broadcast occasionally here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    Heck I hope if RM wins the ACB either this season or next and his stat line goes up we buy him out in the summer of 13. That would be the perfect time to transition to the NBA. He needs fundamental work in the paint and he tends to travel a bit when going ISO in the post but heck he is already leaps and bounds ahead of where he was 2 years ago. He has good mobility and can take his defender to the ARC so I guess that is a form of creatng space. He plays a lot of help defense and also gets to defend the P&R so I see a lot of great possibilities to fit in the Bulls system. I am going to try and catch a couple of RM games since they are broadcast occasionally here.
    Money wise, it makes no sense for him to leave sooner. His rookie contract expires in 3, after which we can buy him out for more than 500k.

By then, Boozer is an expiring and likely a nice trade piece to consider.

vCash
    Mirotic is a good trade chip too if something special gets put up on the trade market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
    Mirotic is a good trade chip too if something special gets put up on the trade market.
    No he's not.

He won't leave Europe unless it's a big market. He specifically mentioned how happy he was when he was picked by Chicago.

Hell there's no guarantee he leaves even for us (though I'd say it's highly unlikely he won't come 3-4 years down the road), but with a small market team like Orlando, it's safe to say that he'll be near worthless for them.

Basically it's sort of like the value of currency in countries with unstable economies (see: Albania or USSR 20 years ago). It has worth to the citizens living their, but it's value is significantly lower to foreigners or international trade.

vCash
    Have to agree with KK, he has said in an interview which I posted a while back that he loves Spain but was really happy to have been chosen by the Bulls. I think the Bulls except for another scoring option and a good big 5th big to bang and give us 6 fouls is what we need for the next 2 years. If we can't win a ship with that then after 2013 we start looking at transitioning to the new kids at SF (Butler) because Deng will have had a lot more wear and tear and also at PF with Mirotic who should really be ready to rock in the NBA and ramp up quickly. KK says after 2014 the price will be lower and DROSE will be only 26. But who knows what will happen between now and then. He is really if sky high value to us now because of his skills and potential and his fit into Thib's system should be pretty easy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twista View Post
    I was just thinking this yesterday. The Bulls = the Red Sox of the NBA. The Sox never got lucky with free agency either, but they built from within.
    Yep spoken like a true basketball fan.

Key players on red sox world series winner.

Curt schilling, pedro martinez, manny Ramirez, David Ortiz, johnny Damon.

Yep all free agent signings. Can't believe their bad luck with free agents. Positively awful you say huh?

Totally built that world series winner from within..

Hell to be honest I don't think one player on the world series winning team was home grown from within.

Hoping the bulls have the Red Sox same bad luck with free agents, lol
    Last edited by Poo-Diddy; 12-15-2011 at 03:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
    At the moment he has no value. Once he comes over and shows what he can do (like Asik) his value will skyrocket. Bulls are in a great position for now and the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulls_fan90 View Post
    At the moment he has no value. Once he comes over and shows what he can do (like Asik) his value will skyrocket. Bulls are in a great position for now and the future.
    Yeah, Im sure a lot of NBA GMs agree with you. Ill bet Derrick Rose also had no value when he was at Memphis.

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast