Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Suter and Weber are both rental players. No way would the pens be able to have both Staals, Malkin and Crosby. Also, we need a D to replace Martin if we trade him

vCash
    Depres and Letang could easily take over for Martins absense and I know penguins won't be going after a big contract

vCash
    Despres needs another year or 2 in the minors to be a top 4 defenseman on the pens. With pretty much any team, a Neal trade from last year is possible (D for F and D). That would have to be a martin trade

vCash
    I was randomly talking with my friend who is an Anaheim fan and we watched our game vs. the Rangers. My friend and I talked about the deadline when he asked me if I would trade Malkin (knowing he is my favorite player on our team) I said doubt it when he gave me this proposal since his team is having a fire sale.

Anaheim: Malkin, Kennedy, Vitale, Martin, Niskanen (Cap hit 17.7 million)

Pens: Getzlaf, Ryan, Cogliano, Sexton, Fowler, Beauchemin (18.4 million)

So cap hit wouldnt be excessive I said I would probably take this trade knowing to get amazing players at a fairly good price. We would be getting a Center who can play winger in Getzlaf and a great winger in Ryan. Cogliano and Sexton would add speed and youth. While Fowler would be an incredible young Dman, while Beauchemin would give us the same dimension as Martin except a more powerful shot and a lower cap hit. Overall I loved the trade and told him I would think over this trade because I wouldnt still wanna lose Malkin. What do you guys think if this was offered would you take this trade?

vCash
    I can't say I know much about Sexton or Fowler but Cogliano and Beauchemin are at least decent. I think both Getzlaf and Ryan are signed through at least next season (Getzlaf becomes a UFA the following season) if I remember correctly. I'm not sure on the others.

All of this being said, I would probably take this deal, mostly for depth. Malkin is better than Getzlaf and Ryan but other than him, none of the other players are that important.

Kennedy is still young but has not continued his play from the end of last season

Vitale is pretty good on faceoffs but I doubt he becomes more than a 3rd liner

Martin can be a good shutdown defenseman when he and Michalek are "on" but his contract/level of play, makes me want to trade him when we get the chance

Niskanen (I've never been a fan) has played pretty well this season

To summarize, Malkin is clearly the best player in this trade but the depth we would be getting in return, would make us a better team in the long run

vCash
    Thats a great though Tomahawk I like your summary breakdown and I agree with you I believe this would help us in the long run. Sexton is an extremely fast player who is young and has been pushing for time in the NHL he just gets lost in the depth and shows loads of promise. Fowler is a very quick defensivemen I wanna compare him to a young Brian Campbell yet this wouldnt do him justice. He is very good and quick, provides a great shot and also plays a fairly sound defensive game. He is not overly aggressive and will check players but he is no Orpik. If you would like a better scouting report on these players you can check

www.forecaster.ca

but thank you for your feed back tomahawk and I agree completely with ya.

vCash
    Remove Malkin and Getzlaf from that trade and i would be all for it. No one really knows when or if Sid will come back, so trading Malkin would be a bad idea. But Fowler is a great young defenseman, and he would definitely be out top prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    Remove Malkin and Getzlaf from that trade and i would be all for it. No one really knows when or if Sid will come back, so trading Malkin would be a bad idea. But Fowler is a great young defenseman, and he would definitely be out top prospect.
    I doubt Anaheim would make that trade without Malkin. Sure they would save themselves Getzlaf but none of the players we offer would really even compare to Ryan.

I can understand wanting to be hesitant without knowing when Sid will return but Getzlaf is no slouch himself and if this hypotehtical trade were to present itself, I think we have to take it, Crosby or no Crosby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbowflex1223 View Post
    Thats a great though Tomahawk I like your summary breakdown and I agree with you I believe this would help us in the long run. Sexton is an extremely fast player who is young and has been pushing for time in the NHL he just gets lost in the depth and shows loads of promise. Fowler is a very quick defensivemen I wanna compare him to a young Brian Campbell yet this wouldnt do him justice. He is very good and quick, provides a great shot and also plays a fairly sound defensive game. He is not overly aggressive and will check players but he is no Orpik. If you would like a better scouting report on these players you can check

www.forecaster.ca

but thank you for your feed back tomahawk and I agree completely with ya.
    Haha glad to contribute where and when I can. Thanks in return for providing a little insight on Sexton and Fowler and for proposing an interesting trade that generated some discussion. You should post more Bowflex, you don't often but when you do, everything is reasonable and well thought out

vCash
    After seeing tonights game, Shero needs to make a move and fast

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised if he were on the phone just getting a feel for whats out there

vCash
    going to have to do something with staal crosby letang neal out for at a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks each. We dont even have enough players for 4 lines let alone mention 4 of our top 5 offensive weapons out. Those not exact times for crosby or letang but since niether are practicing and letang just started skating lightly it is going to be awhile.

vCash
    I am thinking we should try a trade with Columbus since they seem to have good pieces which are just extremely underachieving thus far. Give up a pick or two in order to get a center that can play both center and wing. Players such as Antoine Vermette, Derick Brassard, R.J. Umberger possibly could do well on our team. I feel each with their 17 or less points shouldn't be to over the top to get, but at this point I would take any trade to at least add to our team. My dream would be to get Ruutu and Larose from Carolinabut at the moment we will have to settle for a high risk high reward player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    Haha glad to contribute where and when I can. Thanks in return for providing a little insight on Sexton and Fowler and for proposing an interesting trade that generated some discussion. You should post more Bowflex, you don't often but when you do, everything is reasonable and well thought out
    Thanks Tomahawk I try to get on here when I can, but between school and work its not as much as I use to, and I try to keep things reasonable or at least I like to generate some discussion on these boards by adding some controversial yet possible trades

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbowflex1223 View Post
    Thanks Tomahawk I try to get on here when I can, but between school and work its not as much as I use to, and I try to keep things reasonable or at least I like to generate some discussion on these boards by adding some controversial yet possible trades
    Certainly understandable. School is hectic enough and work on top of that just adds to the chaos and lack of time. Like I said though, I like the trades you have been throwing out, certainly reasonable and yet, like you said, controversial at times.

I would be for looking into one of their Columbus' centers. Umberger has been rumored to be coming here every trade deadline lol because of his local ties and both Vermette and Brassard are young and still have some potential to grow into.

I'll throw this out there just to keep some discussion going, Rick Nash has been rumored to be a possible trade candidate because of how bad the Jacket are but the price would obviously be steep. Assuming the Jackets want a few picks/prospects, among an NHL player or two, would you guys trade for him?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast