Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Penguins trade rumors/ideas thread

I know it's kind of early for this but I saw Montreal traded for Tomas Kaberle so I figured I would start a thread for any trade rumors surrounding the Penguins or any trade ideas somebody might have.

I personally do have a trade idea. The Penguins have been bothered by the injury bug at defenseman with Letang out indefinitely with a concussion and Michalek missing a chunk of games with injuries. What about trading for Gonchar? (the Gonchar to Pittsburgh idea was eventually going to come up lol)

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Our defense has certainly been banged up this year and I really liked Gonchar when he was here but I want nothing to do with him... at all. He is really getting up there in years (37 I think) and I believe he is signed for 3 years with a cap hit of more than 5M. Once our guys return, we will be fine defensively and still have Bortuzzo, Despres, Strait and others who are young and waiting for a roster spot.

I really don't know who I would trade at this point, we haven't seen a fully healthy team this season. If anyone, Kennedy maybe, he only has 3 goals so far... I don't know.

The one thing I would love to see would be Shero negotiating a new contract with Neal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    Our defense has certainly been banged up this year and I really liked Gonchar when he was here but I want nothing to do with him... at all. He is really getting up there in years (37 I think) and I believe he is signed for 3 years with a cap hit of more than 5M. Once our guys return, we will be fine defensively and still have Bortuzzo, Despres, Strait and others who are young and waiting for a roster spot.

I really don't know who I would trade at this point, we haven't seen a fully healthy team this season. If anyone, Kennedy maybe, he only has 3 goals so far... I don't know.

The one thing I would love to see would be Shero negotiating a new contract with Neal
    I knew it wouldn't take long for somebody to shoot down the idea of Gonchar lol I thought he was only signed through this season? That's why I mentioned his name but you are absolutely right about Bortuzzo, Despreses and Strait. They have been very solid when called upon this year.

I really wana see what this team can do when fully healthy. It's like as soon as one guy gets healthy, somebody else gets hurt. Their luck has to change eventually.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I think it'll be the most quiet deadline since Shero became GM. A lot of injuries have kept this team from reaching it's potential. Once we get healthy (God willing) we have the best team in the NHL. Maybe Martin? I wasn't a fan of the signing in the beginning but he's been pretty bad this year.

CITY OF CHAMPIONS....and the Buccos

vCash
    If we are going to trade for a defensemen don't look for us to trade for any expensive players unless we dump salary with a player leaving in the trade. If we are going to trade for a defensemen can we get someone that hits? I wanna see a player which brings fear in our opponents heart when they have to drive into our zone. The only D we have that does that is Orpik, I would love to see us trade for Anton Volchenkov or Mike Komisarek guys who could be had and would up the toughness and hits in our zone. Even Mattias Ohlund would be a good addition, but we would have to lose one of our big Defensive contracts if that were to happen. So, I do not see us making any moves like trading for Gonchar with his big contract unless we were getting an impact player back in the trade. The biggest shopped D would be Jay Bouwmeester which I know we would never trade for, but I would love to see in a Penguins Jersey

vCash
    I agree that this may be the most quiet Shero has ever been at the deadline, this team is really good when healthy.

One person I would love to see traded is Niskanen. I'm probably too harsh on him but he brings nothing, is making far too much for his talent level, and is in the way of younger guys coming up (assuming they are ready)

vCash
    I disagree about Niskanen I actually wanna see him in Paul Martins spot and I wanna see Martin traded, even though he is doing pretty well lately I do not believe that he is worth 5 million for how he plays. I think Niskanen has some promise he has a good shot, he skates well, and he checks people from time to time so I believe that he is worth his amount, compared to Martins 5 million

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    I agree that this may be the most quiet Shero has ever been at the deadline, this team is really good when healthy.

One person I would love to see traded is Niskanen. I'm probably too harsh on him but he brings nothing, is making far too much for his talent level, and is in the way of younger guys coming up (assuming they are ready)
    i strongly disagree Niskanen might be getting paid a bit much. He has, in the majority of the games been one of our better d men. He has filled in everywhere we have asked him to play on every d paring and his shot has been a surprise from the point. He has 10 pionts and is a plus 12 depending what he did against the islanders last night (first game of season I missed ).

vCash
    just looked it up he was a plus 3 with two assists last night against the islanders

vCash
    I'm fine with the team we have just need to get healthy

vCash
    I haven't posted in here yet so I figure I needed to contribute.

Five Deals the Penguins Should Consider

The above story lists five assets the Penguins should consider trading
    1. Draft Picks
    2. Eric Tangradi
    3. Brent Johnson
    4. Paul Martin
    5. Matt Niskanen

I could see the Pens trading any of those 5 for the right return. Nobody on that list would upset me in the slightest.

Should the Pens Trade Crosby?

For those of you who like thinking about blockbusters, well it doesn't get much bigger than that. Personally I believe there is no way the Pens should trade Crosby but it is worth throwing out there.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    I would wait on Tangradi fpr at least 1 more season but the other 4, I wouldn't have a problem with, we have shown we have depth on the team and in the AHL.

No way I trade Crosby, he is not done. All of this speculation is from people who have no knowledge of the situation and have not heard any internal discussions. The day I believe he will retire, is the day I hear him say he is going to retire

vCash
    I dont want to trade Tangradi and Crosby i think will be fine i think a lot of people are just trying to say he's done when they have no idea. All he said is im not back to square one like last time. I think he returns later this season and is fine. I really hope im right bc seeing his career cut short would be bad for hockey and cost the pens a few titles probably.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbowflex1223 View Post
    If we are going to trade for a defensemen don't look for us to trade for any expensive players unless we dump salary with a player leaving in the trade. If we are going to trade for a defensemen can we get someone that hits? I wanna see a player which brings fear in our opponents heart when they have to drive into our zone. The only D we have that does that is Orpik, I would love to see us trade for Anton Volchenkov or Mike Komisarek guys who could be had and would up the toughness and hits in our zone. Even Mattias Ohlund would be a good addition, but we would have to lose one of our big Defensive contracts if that were to happen. So, I do not see us making any moves like trading for Gonchar with his big contract unless we were getting an impact player back in the trade. The biggest shopped D would be Jay Bouwmeester which I know we would never trade for, but I would love to see in a Penguins Jersey
    I can alomst guarantee you would want to keep the receipt for a possible return on Komisarek. He has been just a tick below bad this year, and if I'm not mistaken, still has a couple of years left at big money, somewhere around $4-5M ?? Huge bust so far for the Leafs....

Volchenkov? Yeah, maybe...........

Gonchar, no way. Big money, piss poor defensively at best right now. He would be an ok PP quarterback on this team, with a healthy Crosby and Malkin, but without either of them, he is a below league average QB on the PP....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    I haven't posted in here yet so I figure I needed to contribute.

Five Deals the Penguins Should Consider

The above story lists five assets the Penguins should consider trading
    1. Draft Picks
    2. Eric Tangradi
    3. Brent Johnson
    4. Paul Martin
    5. Matt Niskanen

I could see the Pens trading any of those 5 for the right return. Nobody on that list would upset me in the slightest.

Should the Pens Trade Crosby?

For those of you who like thinking about blockbusters, well it doesn't get much bigger than that. Personally I believe there is no way the Pens should trade Crosby but it is worth throwing out there.
    Crosby unfortunately doesn't have as much trade value right now. Alot of questions abound about his health, making any move tough right now. But you know, there is some GM out there who would pull the trigger.

Is he un-touchable? I doubt it. I watched back in 88' when Gretzky was dealt, and he was as iconic in Edmonton as Sid would be in Pittsburgh,( and I'm being generous with that statement on the part of Crosby), but I agree with you, I don't deal him.

You will never get full value. The revenue lost in the marketing alone in this day and age would be huge, least of all trying to pass this off to the fan-base as the best move for the organization going forward.....

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast