Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    You cant say that you will be more jacked up for next season with bland Frasier as our HC. He doesn't have the right fire to be the leader of the whole team, thats why DC was his best fit. You still cant look past that we have the worst record the franchise has ever had, ever, that shouldn't be taken lightly.

When I hear that we cant pass on a guy with lucks potential, I say to you we cant pass on the potential of Peterson, Kyle, Ponder, and Harvin that is being underutilized by horrible coaches.

vCash
    Get andy ****ing reid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    I doubt Reid is going anywhere but have a look at this

Rams Offense - TM - Rams
    The Rams intend to hire Jon Gruden as their next head coach, sources tell the San Diego Union-Tribune.
    Chargers beat writer Kevin Acee says that if general manager A.J. Smith is fired, he'll replace Billy Devany in the same capacity with the Rams. And Smith will bring his long-time friend Gruden to St. Louis with him. The Rams have Sam Bradford, possibly the top pick in the 2012 draft and the most cap room of any team in 2013. It's also possible the Chargers will retain Smith, fire Norv Turner and attempt to lure Gruden to San Diego.
    This means that Spags could be on the market. I think that a place like Philly (who does need a DC) could be a more desirable landing spot, and I hear that Tampa will be looking for a DC as well, but man I'd love to have that guy running our defense.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I say we promote Dunbar to D cord and maybe find some new position coaches.

vCash
    If there is any way we could get Spags as DC, he's gotta be the choice
    Props to VCU4LIFEGOVIKS for the sig

vCash
    I wouldnt fire Frazier. I'd consider canning Musgrave. But I'd definitely can Pagac. He's too old school. Can't make adjustments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    I doubt Reid is going anywhere but have a look at this

This means that Spags could be on the market. I think that a place like Philly (who does need a DC) could be a more desirable landing spot, and I hear that Tampa will be looking for a DC as well, but man I'd love to have that guy running our defense.
    If you want Spags then best scenario is the Giants firing Coughlin and the Vikes hiring Coughlin as their next coach.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Rams Defense - TM - Rams
    Rams fired head coach Steve Spagnuolo.
    Spags has hit the street. Now I think he probably already has tickets to Philly bought and payed for but I really hope that the Vikes make a run at him.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Raheem Morris: “I had nothing to stand on”

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 2, 2012, 1:37 PM EST

APRaheem Morris wasn’t fired because of unfair expectations. He wasn’t done in by his “Youngry” roster.

Morris was fired because no third-year head coach can survive ten straight losses, with the final five games by an average of 23 points. Even Morris admits it.

“I can’t do nothing but be gracious to everybody involved,” Morris told Roy Cummings of the Tampa Tribune. “I almost pulled it off. I almost did it. I almost got us winning again. At the end, though, I had nothing to stand on. The last 10 games – you can’t do that.”

He’s right. The Glazers took their time when they fired Tony Dungy and Jon Gruden, but this decision probably wasn’t as hard for them to make. They acted quickly.

In a more formal statement, Morris thanked the Glazers and the entire “class” organization that Morris has worked for in some capacity since 2002. Morris’ entire coaching staff has been let go.

“I can’t be negative to anybody in the organization – not Mark Dominik, not anyone, not one bit. I can’t do it. They were too good to me,” Morris told Cummings.

Do you think the organization would consider Morris for DC since he has experience with the Cover 2?

vCash
    I would love Spags or Morris as DC. It would make Frazier's job a lot easier, not having to coach one of his coaches.

Not sure if Singletary is worth keeping around either
    Props to VCU4LIFEGOVIKS for the sig

vCash
    Perfect... now we can try to go after Bill Polian to be our GM and get Morris or Del Rio as our DC...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol Vikings View Post
    Perfect... now we can try to go after Bill Polian to be our GM and get Morris or Del Rio as our DC...
    We want our team to be better, not worse. Say what you want about what happened to Spagnulo this year in St. Louis, but go and look at the IR list on that team. If the season was any longer they would have been holding open tryouts for DBs there. That's one of the few teams that possibly was even more ****ed up at secondary than us.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    I didn't say anything bad about Spagnulo in STL this year, I would actually be more than satisfied with Spagnulo as our DC. I just don't want us experimenting with rookie DC's or switching to a 3-4. I think that Morris, Del Rio, or Spagnuolo should be our top targets, although who knows how excited they would be to take a step down from HC to DC. Also how would Morris or Del Rio make us worse? Wouldn't they be more qualified than Pagac?
    Last edited by Skol Vikings; 01-02-2012 at 10:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol Vikings View Post
    I didn't say anything bad about Spagnulo in STL this year, I would actually be more than satisfied with Spagnulo as our DC. I just don't want us experimenting with rookie DC's or switching to a 3-4. I think that Morris, Del Rio, or Spagnuolo should be our top targets, although who knows how excited they would be to take a step down from HC to DC. Also how would Morris or Del Rio make us worse? Wouldn't they be more qualified than Pagac?
    Oh, I just thought that was sarcasm since you mentioned Bill Polian (seriously, shoot me in the head if we hire that guy). I agree that either of those three guys could be very interesting prospects at DC and more likely than Spags since the Eagles and the Giants may be gunning for him.

I think Raheem Morris could run a really good Tampa 2 system if he had the right personnel to do it, but that's another story.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Vikings Defense - TM - Vikings
    Vikings DC Fred Pagac and DL coach Karl Dunbar are not expected back for the 2012 season.
    Pagac will take the fall for an injury-ravaged secondary that fell apart in the second half of the season, though coach Leslie Frazier may take a week or two before the decision becomes official. Dunbar has already told people at Vikings headquarters that he will not be back. Frazier acknowledged that a switch to a 3-4 scheme is a possibility, though DT Kevin Williams and DE Jared Allen are opposed to the idea.
    I think that this is an indication that they could be going toward a 3-4. I don't like where this is going.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast