Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 165
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I'm thinking they might be 2nd guessing themselves a little bit here. Didn't Wilf just say last week that he was their guy? Not saying he should be fired but if we do go with another coach we better be calling Brian Billick.
    Wilf never announced anything publicly. People were saying that Wilf said that. It still doesn't make sense to fire him, but it may be time to dispose of Pagac and Musgrave.

    Frazier is responsible for Musgrave but shouldn't be blamed for decisions made by him game by game. Frazier is not an offensive coach, he shouldn't be meddling in something he has no business in, and so far he hasn't been. The offensive game plan is up to Musgrave, that's why he was brought in in the forst place. However what is up to Frazier is holding Musgrave accountable when he does something stupid (like make no use of Kyle Rudolph) and so far we don't really know if this is being done.

    Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

    WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Rams Defense - TM - Rams
    Appearing on NFL Network's Around The League Live Monday, Jason La Canfora said he's been told the Rams plan to "blow things up" after the season, firing head coach Steve Spagnuolo and OC Josh McDaniels.
    Hardly a surprising report with the Rams sporting one of the league's worst defenses and a historically bad offense despite having the reigning Offensive Rookie of the Year at quarterback. Injuries have played a huge part in the debacle in St. Louis, but there's really no excuse for going from 7-9 to potentially 2-14. In three years at the helm, Spagnuolo has gone 10-36.
    rotoworld

    I think he's more likely to wind up in Philly, but he would make one hell of a defensive coordinator for us.

    Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

    WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,439
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Wilf never announced anything publicly. People were saying that Wilf said that. It still doesn't make sense to fire him, but it may be time to dispose of Pagac and Musgrave.

    Frazier is responsible for Musgrave but shouldn't be blamed for decisions made by him game by game. Frazier is not an offensive coach, he shouldn't be meddling in something he has no business in, and so far he hasn't been. The offensive game plan is up to Musgrave, that's why he was brought in in the forst place. However what is up to Frazier is holding Musgrave accountable when he does something stupid (like make no use of Kyle Rudolph) and so far we don't really know if this is being done.
    Report: Frazier given assurance he’ll be back with Vikings next year
    Posted by Mike Florio on December 13, 2011, 10:47 PM EST

    APLast month, Vikings coach Leslie Frazier received a public vote of confidence. Now, he reportedly has been informed privately that he’ll be back in 2012.

    Jeremy Fowler of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that Frazier has been told he’ll return next season, despite a 5-14 record as the team’s head coach.

    Currently, the 2-11 Vikings are closing in on the worst record in franchise history. With three more losses in games against the Saints, Redskins, and Bears, the Vikings will finish 2-14, a game worse than their 3-13 record from 1984.

    The Vikings continue to face a stadium situation, with a Minnesota public that remains leery of devoting taxpayer money to the construction of a new building. The lease expires after the Week 17 game against Chicago, and a two-win season could be enough to prompt the locals to offer to help the team pack for the potential move

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,439
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    can the ownership fire themselves please. They need to look in the mirror and actually get someone in here that knows something about football operations. They are so far 0-2 when it comes to hiring guys. It's time to get a proven guy in here.
    x2

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,378
    vCash
    262
    If they are going to get deep into this rebuilding thing then they should fire frazier and hire someone that seems a little more capable. This coaching staff has made too many mistakes so far for me to believe they are competent in putting together a championship team.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marble, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    2,110
    vCash
    1500
    We are never going to win with Frasier he just doesn't have the makeup. I dont know how anyone can say he does. We might be the worst team in Vikings history with a handfull of the best players at their position.

    People have to remember that Frasier ran this D for a bit before Chilly was fired, he know this team. Plus he had 6 games as HC last year and managed to hand off our playbook to Ponder before the Lockout.

    The players are quitting, everyone in the country is saying worse about our coaches ability than they ever did about Chillys personality/coaching, and we are going to have the worst record in the HISTORY OF MN VIKINGS FOOTBALL.. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ****ING ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He needs to be demoted, asap.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Paid leave for Cook not popular with Vikings players
    We’ve written before about the dysfunction in Minnesota this season.

    Defensive players are ignoring coaches. The front office and coach Leslie Frazier disagreed on Donovan McNabb.

    Getting rid of Brad Childress has reduced drama, but seemingly only pushed it under the surface. The latest issue to bubble up: Players and possibly Frazier weren’t happy about the handling of cornerback Chris Cook after his arrest.

    The team decided to keep Cook on the roster after suspending him two games, but not play him. Essentially, he got a paid leave.

    Judd Zulgad of espn1500.com says that move was “highly, highly unpopular” among Vikings players for a variety of reasons. The feeling was that Frazier was sending mixed messages about condoning conduct. The team cut Bryant McKinnie for being overweight, but not Cook for serious arrest.

    The team was also allowing Cook to get paid for doing nothing, while they worked hard. At a time when Frazier was trying to sell a message of competing, the team decided to just give up a roster spot for half the season.

    Zulgad suggests that Frazier wasn’t in support of retaining Cook, but the front office wanted to keep him.

    That divided power structure — with vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman on one side and Frazier on the other — is an issue the Vikings need to solve this offseason.

    That divide seems to be the cause of a lot of finger pointing and continued drama in Minnesota.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...kings-players/

    looks like that could be it for Cook.

    Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

    WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Paid leave for Cook not popular with Vikings players


    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...kings-players/

    looks like that could be it for Cook.
    I don't know... I think that if Frazier was the one with the power then Cook would have been gone already. I think what this article is saying is that Frazier has been told that he WILL keep Cook and in turn he and the players aren't happy about it...

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SalisBurySteak View Post
    I don't know... I think that if Frazier was the one with the power then Cook would have been gone already. I think what this article is saying is that Frazier has been told that he WILL keep Cook and in turn he and the players aren't happy about it...
    Yeah that's what I mean though, if it were up to Frazier Cook would be gone.

    Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

    WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,439
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Paid leave for Cook not popular with Vikings players


    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...kings-players/

    looks like that could be it for Cook.
    Boy it sounds like we're going to almost be starting from scratch with the secondary for next season.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,892
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Paid leave for Cook not popular with Vikings players


    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...kings-players/

    looks like that could be it for Cook.
    I don't blame the players. I mean what kind of message does that send Cook? You get in serious trouble but yet you still get paid? WTF! I agree in suspending him but I still think he has been out too long. 4 game suspension without pay would have been fine i thought. It would've been nice to see him play out the last part of the season so he is not essentially a rookie still next year.

    created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,892
    vCash
    1500
    Another coaching idea!!!

    If the Giants don't make the playoffs it's said that Tom Coughlin could get fired. Would you guys be ok with Coughlin as our coach?

    This is how I would see it. Wilfs are from the NY area...huge Giant fans. I personally think they would strongly consider bringing him in.
    If the Vikes did that there is also a good chance Spags could get fired in St. Louis. Spags worked with Coughlin before and I could see Coughlin recruiting Spags to MN to be our new D-coordinator.

    created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,439
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Another coaching idea!!!

    If the Giants don't make the playoffs it's said that Tom Coughlin could get fired. Would you guys be ok with Coughlin as our coach?

    This is how I would see it. Wilfs are from the NY area...huge Giant fans. I personally think they would strongly consider bringing him in.
    If the Vikes did that there is also a good chance Spags could get fired in St. Louis. Spags worked with Coughlin before and I could see Coughlin recruiting Spags to MN to be our new D-coordinator.
    I'm curious about the Coughlin idea. I think your logic about the Wilf and NY connection are sound. Just not sure if he would be the right guy. Really like the idea of Spags being our DC.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,892
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB4570 View Post
    I'm curious about the Coughlin idea. I think your logic about the Wilf and NY connection are sound. Just not sure if he would be the right guy. Really like the idea of Spags being our DC.
    I hear ya...at this point I'm not for nor against Frasier because seriously wtf do I know about coaching, lol. All I know is if we do decide to bring in another guy it needs to be someone proven as a head coach. At this point Norv Turner would look good.

    created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,439
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I hear ya...at this point I'm not for nor against Frasier because seriously wtf do I know about coaching, lol. All I know is if we do decide to bring in another guy it needs to be someone proven as a head coach. At this point Norv Turner would look good.
    Agree it's hard not to think about a diffferent coach in a 2 win season. Plus how will fans get excited about next year when we have the same Head Coach as last year. I think it will be challenging unless you change up assistant coaches and makes some big moves in Free Agency.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •